British Speedway Forum

Not far to stagger on the Friday night though :wink:

Erm....best ask Ashleigh!

Oh dear who's Ashleigh :oops:

All sorted this end-first time to stay-had to book for two nights-£140 for me and Craiggy boy-£70 each :D

Means he will have a bit more time with his STS mates-Just got to work out how to get there now-Exeter coach normally leaves Saturday and gets back Saturday night-but we have to book in Friday afternoon and book out Sunday morning-but mere detail :lol:

Havent quite worked out where we are staying yet but seems a good deal :blink:

Edited by Nevs

Nevsy how can you not know where you are staying?

Well put it this way shazzybird.......Nevs has plenty of time to find out....and besides....It's so much more fun this way lol.........but most importent....Nevs and Craiggy and Co will be there next July

Edited by MikePK

Well I know what hotel it is,but didnt have a clue where it was in relation to City Centre-seems there is a bus stop outside so thats the main thing.

.Nevs and Craiggy and Co will be there next July

Looks like possibly Big Al and Kim and Big Andrew may be there as well-just booked the last family room for them in case they fancy it-If they dont will just cancel it.--Falcons barmy Army :lol: on tour once more

Knowing my luck after going for 9 years on the coach will get out of the stadium enthralled with the days events,jump on the Exeter coach get 50 miles down the M5 and realise I have left our car behind at the hotel and should not be on the coach in the first place :blink:

Just checked out the reviews-this one said "The gym facilities were a bit dated and no induction was offered on the use of the machines. There is also security issues with the car park as a number of vehicles were broken into."

Not interested in the gym-as for the parking issues-noted to oneself to stick the Falcons sunstrip on before parking up and leave a Herb Albert and The Tijuana brass band cassette visible on the back seat.That should deter the blighters :approve:

Edited by Nevs

Easily done, I know it's 10mins walk from stadium but I don't know the name of it! :lol:

1 word... Male :wink:

Hi I am wondering if anyone can help me has anyone stayed in the etap hotels at Cardiff any good?

Hi I am wondering if anyone can help me has anyone stayed in the etap hotels at Cardiff any good?

Yes, one word.........................NO!

From what I've heard you may as well sleep in a shop doorway ..... a damn site cheaper and probably cleaner.

Im Ashleigh :)

Nice to meet you Ashleigh :)

Yes, one word.........................NO!

From what I've heard you may as well sleep in a shop doorway ..... a damn site cheaper and probably cleaner.

Is it really that bad :shock: I've booked the etap for next year, stayed in expensive hotels for the last couple of years, and I decided it just wasn't worth the money, as we only actually slept in them. So I decided to book a budget hotel this year, I don't mind basic, but it needs to be clean! If its that bad I think I'll look for something else :unsure:

Is it really that bad :shock: I've booked the etap for next year, stayed in expensive hotels for the last couple of years, and I decided it just wasn't worth the money, as we only actually slept in them. So I decided to book a budget hotel this year, I don't mind basic, but it needs to be clean! If its that bad I think I'll look for something else :unsure:

I stayed in the Etap in Newport this year and it made our weekend we couldnt stop laughing at the room which we were staying in so for that reason alone i recommend it :lol:

The room is basic in every sense of the word -metal bunkbed (double on the bottom , single on the top) which only just fits into the "cell sized" room, small telly in the corner. Airconditioning in the room we had was broken and with it being a small room nearly gave me and my dad heat stroke.

Onto the en-suite bathroom- very small sink located about 3 foot away from the bed with a walk-in shower next to that with no privacy at all. The toilet is a small cupboard. Complimentary "Etap" soap is in your room prior to your arrival.

In your room you will also find 1 towel and 1 toilet roll for the duration of your stay.

Breakfast (Which is £3.50 each,we didnt pay as we eat it and walked off laughing :lol: ) consists of - toast, tea/coffee and milk if there is any left, and in some cases there are no mugs left but the kind lady behind the desk gave us some staff mugs.

Saying all that the rooms and hotel in general are clean enough but very very basic, and i would imagine extra oxygen in the small rooms would come at an extra cost!!

All these things together as funny as it may sound made the weekend as it was "an experience" What a laugh we had id go back again but perhaps not everyone shares my sense of humour :wink:

Honestly you have to try it.

Stoney=Legends: Star rating: * * * * 4/5

Edited by Stoney=Legend

Im Ashleigh :)

Nice to meet you Ashleigh :)

Oops same hotel and I don't even remember meeting or seeing :lol::oops: must of been one helluva weekend :approve: