British Speedway Forum

come on, just give it to workington, you know you want to.

cant wait to see the top riders in the world .oops , elite league.

Leighton - IMO you're way off the mark.

Apparently those involved were not speedway supporters.

I can understand some reluctance from Bees fans about another visit, but for all his faults, BD emphasized he had no argument with any Bees riders or fans. His gripe was with the management & them allegedly going against an agreement thrashed out at the start of the season (cheque-book speedway?).

Looking at the bigger picture, it seems unlikely we'll be running next year.

No matter how it was put mmmmethanol what was said in front of the Coventry fans there that had waited in the rain in Coventry for the bus to arrive as well others that we're there was utterly disrespectful, this rant is the sole reason for the decision.The organiser would've been very happy to run a trip had this been The Pairs as originally stated, but now that is not the case & the readies through the turnstiles will be going into his pocket Mr Dugard can jump for it. The new staging of The Pairs will see that trip instead, if feasible.

It's a sorry shame it has come to this.

ATB

CC

I thought this thread was about the Elite Pairs championship and not Colin Cooks personal grudge with Bob Dugard how ever childish that grudge is? :unsure:

I thought this thread was about the Elite Pairs championship and not Colin Cooks personal grudge with Bob Dugard how ever childish that grudge is? :unsure:

It is MD.

The issue about the coach sounds rather like an immature child in the school playground who has run home crying and said to daddy that the big boys have been saying nasty things so he's taking his ball away so no one else can play.

Never mind, saves them from watching their team getting beaten again ;):lol:

Dont know how true it is, but i'v just read that Eastbourne are now running this meeting again.

Dont know how true it is, but i'v just read that Eastbourne are now running this meeting again.

taken from BSPA website

EASTBOURNE will host the Elite League Best Pairs on the original date of Saturday, August 8.

The news comes less than a week after the Arlington club reluctantly handed the fixture back to the BSPA - but after further talks it will go ahead after-all.

Eagles had a fixture problem and wanted to slot Coventry into the August date - but that meeting will now take place on Monday, September 7 in front of the Sky Sports cameras.

BSPA vice-chairman Chris Van Straaten was pleased the matter was resolved after talking to all parties concerned - including Sky who will also be on hand for the Pairs.

He said: "When we looked at alternative weekends it was proving impossible to get all the top riders there, so this date was perfect.

"The fact that Sky wanted to screen this meeting also meant we had to stick to that date, so we are delighted with the outcome.

"It's also the height of the holiday season and hopefully the meeting will attract people from different parts of the country.

"We understood Eastbourne's problem with fixtures but the fact that their meeting with Coventry has now been slotted into the Sky schedule makes it a lot easier. It seems to be the logical conclusion.

"Hopefully the weather will be with us, there is nowhere better to watch top class speedway on a warm sunny night than Eastbourne and as an association we are delighted to be keeping the meeting at that venue."

The meeting will be the fifth in the Super 7even series of British Speedway events, the next of which is at Workington on Saturday week when they host the Premier League Fours.

nothing on the Bees website yet.

And Im not messing up my diary AGAIN - until I see it as a change on the Bees fixture list!!

This is getting silly!! :rolleyes:

I reckon that EL meetings (Pairs, Riders Championship and the likes) should be held on a PL track and PLRC etc held on EL tracks....no home track advantage for anyone then.....Might help produce PASSING which we're all looking for at a meeting is it not? Travel should have nothing to do with it as riders are travelling distances the whole season are they not? It would also give PL supporters chance to see EL riders and visa versa if they don't get chance to visit opposing league tracks.

nothing on the Bees website yet.

And Im not messing up my diary AGAIN - until I see it as a change on the Bees fixture list!!

This is getting silly!! :rolleyes:

It is very silly Sandie & now we will probably have to try to re-order the coach booking, far from playground stuff this was a matter of principal.Like i said Bob reaped the seeds with his rant. I'm sure the organiser will be happy to run the coach now the readies won't be stuffed in his back pocket.

I'm glad that commonsense has prevailed to be honest, such a shame old bobby boy had to mess things about ,AGAIN.

It is very silly Sandie & now we will probably have to try to re-order the coach booking, far from playground stuff this was a matter of principal.Like i said Bob reaped the seeds with his rant. I'm sure the organiser will be happy to run the coach now the readies won't be stuffed in his back pocket.

I'm glad that commonsense has prevailed to be honest, such a shame old bobby boy had to mess things about ,AGAIN.

Did he? Or did the BSPA make the decisions!

And your nick-name calling, or is getting a bit tedious these days Colin!

Sounds like the BSPA wanted the pairs to stay at eastbourne and they tried hard to find a way for that to happen. Which i for one am glad about!

Sounds like the BSPA wanted the pairs to stay at eastbourne and they tried hard to find a way for that to happen. Which i for one am glad about!

So am i Lisa.

The change wasn't one for the better, Bob has had alot to answer for this season & i'll grant you he isn't the only one.

For once, this is the right decision.

I reckon that EL meetings (Pairs, Riders Championship and the likes) should be held on a PL track and PLRC etc held on EL tracks....no home track advantage for anyone then.....Might help produce PASSING which we're all looking for at a meeting is it not? Travel should have nothing to do with it as riders are travelling distances the whole season are they not? It would also give PL supporters chance to see EL riders and visa versa if they don't get chance to visit opposing league tracks.

I couldn't agree more. For all the reasons quoted above!

Excellent news !!

Now I can look forward to this one again, and hopefully the pairs will be the top riders from each team. :lol:

Good news for all Eastbourne season ticket holders. :lol:

Excellent news !!

Now I can look forward to this one again, and hopefully the pairs will be the top riders from each team. :lol:

Good news for all Eastbourne season ticket holders. :lol:

......and good news for all bus travelling Bees fans :wink::lol: