British Speedway Forum

If we don't use neutral tracks next year then how about penalising the home team by not allowing them to use their top two riders? It may even things out a bit.

Not to turn this into a slagging match or any thing but having seen the pairs at Glasgow I am pretty confident that any track could deal with a national event.

Berwick have a decent enough structure in the main stand that could deal with any kind of sponsorship the corporate sponsorship this year has shown that.

They have great seating and standing giving every one a decent chance of a view at the track.

They don't have a bar but one of the arctic trucks seen at events like the Highland Show could be hired for the night.

I honestly think it would be a success dependant on the teams that qualified.

If we don't use neutral tracks next year then how about penalising the home team by not allowing them to use their top two riders? It may even things out a bit.

I am shocked that they haven't brought in any sort of joker system like the world cup, although the hope would be that there would never be such a gap between the teams.

The 4tt should be the Speedway equivalent of 20/20 cricket it should attract fans.

If they could find some way to get all the teams involved and run it as an all day event , preferably IMO on a Saturday they could make it work.

Add things to it get some live music

Hold it some where like Berwick or Peterbourough and use the surrounding areas.

Berwick has a large football pitch outside , why not have a 5 a side football team tournament with fans ?.

The starting gate reactor game could be set up for fans to have a go on and win some prizes.

A large marquee could be put out next to the pits area at Berwick for fans to go for a drink and meet up.

As well as a meet the riders walk through area in the pits.

A soak the promoter or personality we could all vote for some on the B.S.P.A site stick them on stalls and chuck a sponge at them £ 1 a go and the money goes to the S.R.B.F

You could do this before it starts and give people the option then the meetings its self should be fast paced so people aren't hanging around.

Make it an event.

Edited by wjm

Not to turn this into a slagging match or any thing but having seen the pairs at Glasgow I am pretty confident that any track could deal with a national event.

Berwick have a decent enough structure in the main stand that could deal with any kind of sponsorship the corporate sponsorship this year has shown that.

They have great seating and standing giving every one a decent chance of a view at the track.

They don't have a bar but one of the arctic trucks seen at events like the Highland Show could be hired for the night.

I honestly think it would be a success dependant on the teams that qualified.

Have never been to Berwick I would not know about the infrastucture but if as you say they could do, then bring it on.I am all for sharing events out between all tracks,but for me we have to stick to Premier League tracks,the racing on neutral tracks has for me prove a disaster crowd levels wise.

I am shocked that they haven't brought in any sort of joker system like the world cup, although the hope would be that there would never be such a gap between the teams.

The 4tt should be the Speedway equivalent of 20/20 cricket it should attract fans.

If they could find some way to get all the teams involved and run it as an all day event , preferably IMO on a Saturday they could make it work.

Berwick has a large football pitch outside , why not have a 5 a side football team tournament with fans ?.

The starting gate reactor game could be set up for fans to have a go on and win some prizes.

A large marquee could be put out next to the pits area at Berwick for fans to go for a drink and meet up.

A soak the promoter or personality we could all vote for some on the B.S.P.A site stick them on stalls and chuck a sponge at them £ 1 a go and the money goes to the S.R.B.F

You could do this before it starts and give people the option then the meetings its self should be fast paced so people aren't hanging around.

Make it an event.

If they held it at Berwick and they won everyone would say they only won because of home track advantage ala Workington.

The only way to get a worthy winner is to hold it a neutral track, no offence.

If they held it at Berwick and they won everyone would say they only won because of home track advantage ala Workington.

The only way to get a worthy winner is to hold it a neutral track, no offence.

I am just using Berwick as an example.

But yeah if Berwick won it that is what folks would say rightly or wrongly, it is still there for every one to win.

As Spinny says neutral tracks haven't attracted the crowds that they should have.

Berwick would be a safe bet dependant on Quallifers.

On a Saturday night it is accessible for a few teams, not teams from the South and they shouldn't be punished but like neutral venues the bigger events have been poorly attended in the South , the pairs are already there , PLRC is in the middle so it would only seem right the North deserves one of the showcase events

If we are going to use neautral tracks for all these events, does that mean that the pl riders championship will be moved from Sheffield and the pairs from Somerset??

Big well done to the comets all 4 chipped in, must agree the 2nd part of the meeting was abit boring but thought there was some good racing throughout the night. How Stoney got excluded in his 2nd ride i think only the ref knows.

Fisher was gonna push home, but he'd already gone over the white line onto the grass. Was quite dissapointed with fisher and karlsoon both looked unbeatable last time round workington.

Make it an event.

Some excellent ideas and I like them, the starting gate reacted we had at Sheffield for the Garry Stead Benefit Meeting last season and was

good fun.

Also like the Soak the Promoter,problem is would be find time to watch the speedway as the queue's would be miles long for this stall. :lol: :lol:

Some excellent ideas and I like them, the starting gate reacted we had at Sheffield for the Garry Stead Benefit Meeting last season and was

good fun.

Also like the Soak the Promoter,problem is would be find time to watch the speedway as the queue's would be miles long for this stall. :lol: :lol:

Oh,I don`t know about spin king,most of the promoters seem half soaked anyway :wink::P

Am I correct that shared events normally take longer to run than usual domestic fixtures and tracks where curfews prevail, such as Berwick, would not be feasible unless special dispensation was obtained from the local authority. :unsure:

Was it not the case also that neutral venues were discarded because they were not providing sustainable attendances to ensure that such events at least broke even financially.

Personally cannot get excited about these shared events, and if the likes of Workington & Somerset prove to be money earners, albeit that home track advantage will play a major part, then so be it.

On the home track advantage arguement: had the 4TT been held at Armadale is there any doubt who would have won?

You could use the same logic for a 4TT held at Berwick or Redcar. Newcastle maybe we are taking things too far?

For me the demise of the 4TT qualifiers was the big loss of teh Speedway season. Friday at Armadale, Saturday at Berwick, Sunday at Glasgow and Monaday at Glasgow was near perfection for a long weekend. If there was a four team out of five rule applied Workington could be incorporated into the qualifiers.

There was always great support, superb atmosphere.

Bring it back with the finals at a neutral (EL) track Peterborough or Wolverhampton.

one of the reasons i didnt go today was because it was at workington, not that i have anything against their track i actually like visiting the place but these events must go back to being neutral, the home of the fours is peterboro.

i also think that any other event like this should be moved like the pairs from somerset.

congrats to workington for winning but then again i wouldnt of expect anything else :neutral:

On the home track advantage arguement: had the 4TT been held at Armadale is there any doubt who would have won?

You could use the same logic for a 4TT held at Berwick or Redcar. Newcastle maybe we are taking things too far?

For me the demise of the 4TT qualifiers was the big loss of teh Speedway season. Friday at Armadale, Saturday at Berwick, Sunday at Glasgow and Monaday at Glasgow was near perfection for a long weekend. If there was a four team out of five rule applied Workington could be incorporated into the qualifiers.

Bring it back with the finals at a neutral (EL) track Peterborough or Wolverhampton.

Two home legs for the Tiggers?? :lol:

If we are going to use neautral tracks for all these events, does that mean that the pl riders championship will be moved from Sheffield and the pairs from Somerset??

I don't think I've ever seen one complaint about the Pairs at Somerset except from Newport fans. The three times it's been held at Somerset, it's always produced good ENTERTAINMENT and Somerset havn't ever won it even when we've had the likes of Zetterstrom, Doyle, Johnston and Kramer in the side.

Sheffield still seems a good venue for the PLRC in my eyes, but I wish the Fours would be moved.

Trust me if the 4TT was held at Redcar we wouldn't win it. Too many other riders enjoy the place!

If we are going to run with the 4TT would prefer to see the qualifiers back like we used to have in the good old days.