British Speedway Forum

could anyone who went to the meeting email me the scorecard please, as i would like to generate an excel doc for this particular meeting. I could copy most from the brilliant updates site but i wouldn't know who rode in what colour.

thanks in advance

I suppose what it is that supporting a team like Worky the only silverware your going to win is the stuff that is gifted to you. Example, The fours. If that was Armadale there is no way i would be shouting about a great victory. Edinburgh in my mind should have done nothing short of walk it if they were at home. Just as Workington should have and in the end did.

If you honestly believe that this joke of an event means that Workington have the best top 4 riders you clearly dont know jot about the sport.

I suppose what it is that supporting a team like Worky the only silverware your going to win is the stuff that is gifted to you. Example, The fours. If that was Armadale there is no way i would be shouting about a great victory. Edinburgh in my mind should have done nothing short of walk it if they were at home. Just as Workington should have and in the end did.

If you honestly believe that this joke of an event means that Workington have the best top 4 riders you clearly dont know jot about the sport.

I was saying during the meeting that it looked like Workington had built a team to win this tournament, they certainly don't look like a league winning side

I doubt that The Rockets would've won it even if it'd been held at Rye House ..... The only team not to have a race win in the semi finals, we didn't deserve anything, and I wasn't disappointed

Why not be pround of it? Kings Lynn are going to win everything elce this year! Comets do have a good top 4 however, think the make up of this years team was more about developing the younger riders in lawson, cook branney and wright.

Was hardly a gift they stll had to win it.

They didnt win the Pairs.

I am certain that if it was possible to run the event again will all the same teams on a different track that Workington would not have won that title.

Carlisle Comet as i said if it was at Armadale and Edinburgh won i wouldnt feel any real sense of victory. It would be more a sense of defeat had they not won with their top4 on their home track.

They didnt win the Pairs.

I am certain that if it was possible to run the event again will all the same teams on a different track that Workington would not have won that title.

Carlisle Comet as i said if it was at Armadale and Edinburgh won i wouldnt feel any real sense of victory. It would be more a sense of defeat had they not won with their top4 on their home track.

You can't say you wouldn't be a little bit happy if it happened!! ha ha

Come on people . Silverware is silverware regardless of the tournament or where it's held . Let's stop the sourgrapes and congratulate the winners . Well done Workington .

With Workington being at home was certainly an extra advantage but if this meeting had of been at Peterborough as we all know is the real home of the 4's, with the top 4 they have would most certainly of been on the podium

I would of been relieved that we didnt make a fool of ourselves Carlisle.

Screamer they may well have made the podium but as i say i dont think they would have won it.

Come on people . Silverware is silverware regardless of the tournament or where it's held . Let's stop the sourgrapes and congratulate the winners . Well done Workington .

Well a Glasgow fan would say that. :wink:

Well a Glasgow fan would say that. :wink:

Just our sense of justice and fairplay . :wink:

Just our sense of justice and fairplay . :wink:

:lol:

I agree with you though Workington won it and congrats to them , they were there to be beat and no one could do it.

They didn't just win it they pretty much dominated it.

Home Advantage ? Maybe

Would they have won it some where else ? Don't see why not.

My only problem with it is how many times it has been held at Workington , I wouldn't mind seeing it some where else just for a change.

But every one has there chance to try and hold this even if they don't want it , it wont move.

Thanks Paulco a bit of sense at last

By the way Snyper did I mention that we won the 4TT :lol: