British Speedway Forum
tomazpozrl

Swc Event 2, Peterborough 13.7.

Fantastic meeting , top drawer. All those who wanted Rico in for King , eat humble pie , he's been great. Anyone reckon Orion will have any of this pie ??

What 9 from six rides wow .....Rico would have scored 13 or 14 ....King only can do one thing thats go round the outside full throttle a one trick pony with little talent

Great meeting but hard to bear getting crushed by 20+ points at home but being the only team not putting our best side out it was to be expected complete madness from lyon .

Hampel is a true enigma - he looks soooooo fast tonight, but on other nights he looks like he can't be bothered.......

Great meeting and I hope Swindon have had several talks with Miedzinski as he looks super fast, and he's passing people :o

I have to say, the final should be at P'boro after tonight, can't see the race off and final getting close to tonights meeting for edge of ya seat stuff

Poor show from Gollob there.

Czech Republic will feel hard done by, if they were the 4th team at Peterborough, they would have pushed GB close.

I have to say, the final should be at P'boro after tonight, can't see the race off and final getting close to tonights meeting for edge of ya seat stuff

Don't speak too soon, apart from this years GP at Leszno, it is a fantastic track when prepared by the polish track staff.....not only that, there will be 4 strong riders in every heat unlike tonight - with the greatest respect to the Slovenians of course.

That was a humdinger of a meeting.

Poland are some team.

Cracking racing, King and Gollob, Meidzinski and Adams, Crump and Zagar, Hampel and Holder, etc etc..

Probably the best racing I've seen at Peterborough.

Can't wait for Thursday, that could be brutal.

Absolutley fantastic speedway meeting. Leszno is said to be one of the best tracks in the world but I dont think even that can stand up to we have seen tonight. Brits dont stand a chance of winning, but at least we gave it a go and showed some pride. Also what the hell was Gollob doing there, he blatantly lied in front of the TV cameras because he didnt want to race in the last heat. Loads of Brits never see him on these shores and he goes and deprives the paying public. Poor stuff.

What 9 from six rides wow .....Rico would have scored 13 or 14 ....King only can do one thing thats go round the outside full throttle a one trick pony with little talent

Great meeting but hard to bear getting crushed by 20+ points at home but being the only team not putting our best side out it was to be expected complete madness from lyon .

Well the amount of times I have seen Rico be a one trick pony - 'either gate and win or trail in last'.

Rico has been the best rider for Britain in the last couple of years but it was an ideal opportunity to use the young lads and we were never going to beat Australia or Poland whoever we put out!!

Rico should have been in for Kennett who can not ride big tracks and does not have the speed!!

Great meeting and I hope Swindon have had several talks with Miedzinski as he looks super fast, and he's passing people :o

I am sure I heard Pearson say he was a Swindon asset?

Dream on !!!

What a brilliant meeting - best ever at Peterborough?

Poland were head and shoulders above the rest showing real class and determination. They must be favourites to win it now.

King only can do one thing thats go round the outside full throttle

Just what we need for Poland? whoosh.... :wink:

I'm glad Lyons ran the team he did, at least it's pulled another couple of riders into the mix for the race off.

Well 3 men can hold their heads very high in the pits tonight in my opinion.

Danny King - Awesome. Fully justified his place and definately should be put ahead of Tai and Eddie in selection for the race off.

Lee Richardson - Great to see such a positive attitude from someone that was effectively dropped from his national team for tonight.

Rob Lyon - Went with the youth, and it definately paid off as far as i'm concerned. We wouldnt have beaten the top 2 anyway, but with expereince like this we stand a much better chance in future years. And i fully believe that this is the guy to lead us into these future years now.

As for Scott Nicholls, Mr "captain", Mr "british number 1". Where were YOU for your country tonight?