British Speedway Forum
tomazpozrl

Swc Event 2, Peterborough 13.7.

for the people still going on about Scott Nicholls not being there last night, have a think about it ....

there is a supposed rift between Nicholls and Harris isn't there.

now, if Nicholls had been there in the pits don't you think that would have created friction?

some of the team would have sided with Harris, some with Nicholls, and in turn that creates a divide.

what Rob Lyon is trying to create first and foremost is a bit of harmony between the riders, a sense of working together and for eachother .. if you have riders ignoring eachother that's not going to happen.

at Kings Lynn Rob has created a massive TEAM mentality, and it shows with riders that are there, riders you think might not be good will tend to come up trumps because they enjoy being part of what they do at KL.

now, i know people will say Lyon has no experience dealing with EL riders, but he has plenty of experience dealing with speedway riders, and creating the right mindset for a rider is a massive part of the job, whatever team you're in charge of.

last night you had English riders going out in each race with enthusiasm and balls, something thats been missing for a few years now, but this might just be the start of something good.

Good post. Hit nail on head.

Don't know if this has been posted elsewhere...

A site with an image of the extent of Nicki's injuries.

WARNING: It's pretty nasty, so if you're squeamish you have been warned :wink:

Nicki's injuries

i bet that stings :rolleyes: ouch

As i said, "it was a lack of maturity even for someone of his age" So no it's not easy to forget how young these lads are. But i don't remember Peter Collins, Chris Pusey, Hans Nielsen, Erik Gundersen or even Kenny Carter acting like a 10 year old brat and showboating and believe me they all had talent and some at his age. Peter Collins was scoring 12 point maximums in foreign countrys in world team cup finals at 18!

So spare me the excuses.

yes I understand what you are saying but all of those riders were from different generations where respect in society ran at very different levels....... I am sure that Peter was also kept tightly on a leash by the more senior (and tough!) of the squad as well....... we didnt need to have a whole team of the same age come through at the same time...

and maximums at 18/19/20? Shouldnt you be talking about Emil there?... Emil is possibly a good example how it doesnt matter how good on track you are incidents such as Cardiff will happen due to a lack of experience

and Kenny? a genuine British legend but the guy could never be described as mature..... he just chose to show it in other ways which im sure if you asked the right people would result in a show of hands of the people he rubbed up the wrong way needlessly

so yes you did mention the lack of maturity ..... but knowing that.. is it a reason to shoot them or not put it down to something that could/would be gained as experience?

i bet that stings :rolleyes: ouch

Good grief...just seen that picture of Nicki's injuries... Maybe now some of the clowns that

sit here constantly slating riders will see what can happen. It IS dangerous and Nicki is a

lucky fella, could have been a lot lot worse.

Speedy recovery Nicki and hope to see you on track sometime soon.

on another point i know the slovians were poor but did anyone notice the number 5 get better as the meeting went on.cudna or something. i thought he showed a bit of potential

on another point i know the slovians were poor but did anyone notice the number 5 get better as the meeting went on.cudna or something. i thought he showed a bit of potential

You were spot on... he did improve very quickly towards the end of the meeting.

You were spot on... he did improve very quickly towards the end of the meeting.

yeah i think he was only 18 as well

Ah, but the one he scored at 19 was at Wembley, so not in a foreign country. Unless you're Scottish of course. :)

Scottish? Me? How very dare you! :lol: Yes your quite right Peter would of been 20 in 1974 and not 18 as i stated previously. Please except my utmost apology. I will now put on my dunce's hat and stand in the corner for the rest of the lesson! :oops:

yeah i think he was only 18 as well

Yes, Aleksander Conda is just 18, he'll turn 19 in August. He is the current Slovenian U21 champion and one of the biggest prospects of Slovenian speedway.

I will now put on my dunce's hat and stand in the corner for the rest of the lesson! :oops:

Ok that's long enough now... you can take it off. :approve:

SCB said he'd be decent and pull a ride off before the end of the meeting well over a week before. Looked pretty handy, definitely one to watch.

my pictures from the meeting HERE

Using our best available riders would have given us the best chance of going straight through.

Well we never know ? the one thing we know for sure we were sure were not going to with the team we put out .

As i said before there we would be no world cup speedway and indeed no sport if everyone took the attitude we can't win so we are going to play our best players .

Maybe next year in football West Ham or such like should play there youth team all year because after all the players they got are never going to win the league .

Why dont you 2 pick your best side.Then decide would you have bet on them to win the meeting (with your own hard earned cash).

If after thinking about it your answer is yes i would then I think the bookies will be queuing up to take your bets for the rest of the season!

IMO the team on Monday did all that was expected of them and learned some valuable lessons on the way.

Putting Lee or Scott in on Monday would not have altered the final result so why not blood the younger riders and acheive the same result?

Putting Lee or Scott in on Monday would not have altered the final result so why not blood the younger riders and acheive the same result?

No-one will ever know. Thankfully, for the Russians, they didn't go into the first semifinal with the same attitude, but then they made the final (yes, a chock, but anyway...). If they had ridden with two youngsters (say Artem Laguta and Igor Kononov)* instead of Roman Povazhny and Denis Gizatullin or Renat Gafurov, I'm not sure they would have gotten to the final. Though we will never know that either.

* No disrespect to either of those, as their names were only used as an example.

Why dont you 2 pick your best side.Then decide would you have bet on them to win the meeting (with your own hard earned cash).

If after thinking about it your answer is yes i would then I think the bookies will be queuing up to take your bets for the rest of the season!

Yet again what has betting got to do with anythink ? ive not seen one person that includes me and blaze who thought they might win with any side but you must always must give yourself every chance of doing so .

As i said. giving in before a wheel has been turned may be your cup of tea but it's not mine ....lucky the russians who were given as much chance as us of winning there semi final never took the same negative attitude picked there best side and won .