British Speedway Forum
Guest Ashie Smashy

Backtrack Question

Well ive got to say backtrack is one of the best mags avaliable. Im not remotely interested in a pdf format (not everthing has to evolve around a pc!!!). Keep up the good work, its a great read and one of the few mags i actually go back to read again. :lol:

I love the magazine in its present format, to take it on the net would not be for, and I would not have the patience to read it, love the Rod Haynes column, and how about interview some of the present day riders who rode in the 80's that are still riding,and find out what they find different, Paul Fry,Mark Burrows,Gary Havelock and it would be very interesting to hear the views of Andy Silver.

Also how about a feature on Polish riders,akin to the one for the USA riders, could do the same for the Swedes, Danes, Aussies and the Czech's.

I totally disagree that the magazine has run out of things to discuss, and I still think that it an excellent publication.

I'll not allow the negative feedback of a few posters on here...

Negative feedback which, to be fair, you requested.

Edited by JC!

Hi I only came to the website to have a look after someone gave me a copy of the magazine by chance, as I am in England for a few days.

I saw this thread and was really surprised at some people whining over the content at the minimal cost of the magazine.

I rode speedway for a short time in England and no one will remember me and due to my lifestyle I dont remember much at all about my time, but it was really good to see the magazine all about the other Americans who rode.

Please carry on with the magazine and dont let small minded and obviously very mean people like JC! ruin it.

Hi I only came to the website to have a look after someone gave me a copy of the magazine by chance, as I am in England for a few days.

I saw this thread and was really surprised at some people whining over the content at the minimal cost of the magazine.

I rode speedway for a short time in England and no one will remember me and due to my lifestyle I dont remember much at all about my time, but it was really good to see the magazine all about the other Americans who rode.

Please carry on with the magazine and dont let small minded and obviously very mean people like JC! ruin it.

GREEN, Randy - Born: Great Falls, U.S.A. 25 July 1964

Signed by Hackney as an unknown in 1987 and after losing his place in the London side, moved north to Bradford. Found himself surplus to requirements at Odsal during 1988 and figured in a mid season move to Sheffield. Rode in six official fixtures for the Tigers and although his spell was interrupted by injury he proved to be a popular member of the team. Failed to win another team place in Britain after the Tigers closed at the end of the season.

Matches Rides Points Bonus Total Average

6 19 16 3 19 4.00

Might jog your memory.

We're Speedway fans Randy - of course we remember you!

Just to put my 2p's worth into the debate. I have been a subscriber since Issue 1 and always look forward to each new copy. Like all magazines there are going to be some features you prefer more than others and I have to say I wasn't taken by the recent one on the American riders as I felt it tried to cover to many riders and therefore spread itself too thinly. I feel riders like Sigalos, Cook and the Morans were probably worthy of Main Man features in their own right, though I appreciate it would be difficult to conduct interviews with them now they are back over the pond.

I particularly enjoy reading about the more unsung riders form the Backtrack era and sometimes the stories they tell are more interesting than those told by the more media-exposed stars of that time. Look forward to seeing the changes in the next issue and will be interesting to read the rider columns.

Long may Backtrack thrive!

PS would like to see the quizzes come back.

Edited by salty

Well I for one remember you riding Randy during your brief spell (6 league matches?) with Dave Pavitt in control and John Louis team manager at Hackney in 1987 - sheesh 22 years ago! Sure you can remember riding alongside the late, great Wiggy, Malcolm Simmons, Allan Johanssen, Alan Mogridge, Andy Galvin and Mark Loram? Good to know you're still alive and kicking and who was the guy with you in those days? Wasn't it Carl Blomfeldt?

Don't worry about those who whine on here - there's a lot of them! Give me a ring on 07774 935468 if you get a chance - I'm seeing Dave Pavitt tonight (Tuesday) and Thursday all being well.

Cheers

Bryn Williams

Edited by Bryn

I am horrified by the criticism of 'BackTrack'. It is a superb production to those of us who supported Speedway during the years covered by the Magazine. Rod Haynes contributions are GREAT and if you e-mail him he actually replies. Granted the Headliners have been largely covered now - but - there are still loads of other Riders in whom a lot of people would be interested. I enjoyed the piece on Preben Eriksen

It's not often these days that something comes along that is actually worth the money you pay for it. In my opinion BackTrack is a first class Magazine, professionally produced on quality paper. I think it is EXTREMELY good value.

Let me say that BackTrack and Classic Speedway are eagerly awaited by myself when they are due to be delivered.

On the PDF debate - it would NOT remotely interest me. There is nothing like handling the real thing, relaxing in an armchair, a cup of coffee and a jolly good read. I have ALL the BackTracks since Issue One - I love to go back and read some articles again.

Don't lose heart Tony - the Magazine is BRILLIANT - can't wait for the next one.

On the PDF debate - it would NOT remotely interest me. There is nothing like handling the real thing, relaxing in an armchair, a cup of coffee and a jolly good read. I have ALL the BackTracks since Issue One - I love to go back and read some articles again.

Don't lose heart Tony - the Magazine is BRILLIANT - can't wait for the next one.

Same here, anyone know when the next issue is due?...

Same here, anyone know when the next issue is due?...

Issue 33 is being printed now and should be ready to be mailed out to subscribers at the end of this week.

Thanks to MM and others for all your kind words of support.

Issue 33 is being printed now and should be ready to be mailed out to subscribers at the end of this week.

Tony,

The Mag is great i have read every issue dont PDF it like the speedwayplus mag i like my hard copy and if it was £5.00 i would still buy it :)

Backtrack is a superb magazine and excellent value for money.

Well worth my yearly subscription, which is peanuts in the big scheme of things.

I have every edition they've produced so far and is one the few magazines that I ever keep and put in binders.

The Backtrack era covers my boom years and favourite riders, so I wouldn't be without it.

Edited by AndyP

Good Stuff!

No probs just calling it as I see it, as is is everyone I imagine....