British Speedway Forum
manchesterpaul

Leszno Play-off Will There Be A Crowd?

Even the planets most popular sport football will often produce sparsely populated terraces in international tournaments when the host country is not involved in a match. So what chance anything other than an embarrassing crowd on Thursday?, or hopefully, the poles really do love their speedway. Travelling suport won't fill 20,000 spaces that's for sure.

Without a doubt often the reason for low attendances at GP's over the years has been the high pricing of the tickets in context of the local populations means. Therefore, wouldn't this be a good opportunity to test the simple mathematical equation of selling tickets significantly cheaper and drawing a much larger crowd. If one calculates correctly it wouldn't be hard to actually make more of a profit.

I do wish the Cardiff SGP would try for one year a massive reduction in prices. It would certainly pull in newcomers to the sport who would get to see a major international sporting event at a tempting low outlay. 70,000 fans filling the stadium would indeed be a spectacle to behold and generate interest. All i can presume is that the organizers are happy with the profit level at the now pretty much peak annual 42,000. It's human nature to be drawn to a big crowd and see what's happening and want to see what one's missing out on. Also, if someone switches on the tv and sees a sparse crowd at an event people tend to think that it can't be interesting or exciting because nobody goes to it.

Edited by manchesterpaul

As far as I know Polish fans... I would not expect big crowd. They are used to meetings on weekends and definitely prefer league to everything else. With this one there is not much to look at - no Poles, Thursday night... I would not be surprised if there was less than 10,000 on Thursday.

I don't think the pricing for the race-off at Leszno can be knocked. Adult seats are roughly £5, whereas for the final the same seats are around £12. Standing at the race-off is just over £2, bargain :wink:

I still don't think there'll be much of a crowd though as people will save themselves for Saturday night.

Rico :rolleyes:

Edited by Rico

5 thousand, maybe 7 thousand at the race-off and the stadium almost full at the final, I reckon...

Ticket prices were more expensive two years ago, as far as I remember, and the crowd was around 25 thousand at the final so I hope it won't be different this time :)

As Rico said, it's really not too expensive this time. I'm gonna buy myself the cheapest tickets for the backstraight (unnumbered seats) and then I can walk freely to other areas, if I want to :) (especially at the the race-off with the stadium crowded in 1/4, 1/3 maybe)

Edited by Mateusz

Adult seats are roughly £5, whereas for the final the same seats are around £12. Standing at the race-off is just over £2, bargain

£5, £12 they had to pay £30 last night (on the night) to sit down!! £20 for standing and it was difficult to get a good vantage point!

£5, £12 they had to pay £30 last night (on the night) to sit down!! £20 for standing and it was difficult to get a good vantage point!

Were ripped off here Trees, well and truely.

I think the ticket prices for the world cup this year have been very reasonable with advance tickets for last nights match at Peterborough actually cheaper than an elite league match and the prices for the playoff seems very well priced again.

Is a shame that the GP challenge is so expensive as I think they could have had a good crowd for that but £25 is way over the top and evidence was there last night lower prices bring increased numbers with a lot more people watching compared to last year at Coventry when again prices too high

Incredibly good value for a top-class meeting that will go right down to the wire, plus the chance of some inebriated fan getting past Polish Security and making it onto the paddock to disrupt the meeting would be virtually Zilch. (I doubt if I could climb the fence sober!!)

For several years now the Race-off has equalled or surpassed the Final in excitement and great racing; Poole 2004, Reading 2006, Leszno 2007 being three examples. I'm looking forward to a ripper meeting.

Go OZ!!

Don't forget the Poles earn lots less in their country,that's why they are all over here

What do Poles pay for their league meetings then £2? £3?

Not much more

About£4:50-£5 according to someone i work with.

When he goes back home he goes to watch his home team Wroclaw.

Bydgoszcz prices, which are average Ekstraliga prices:

Grandstand (numbered seats) - £12

First bend (numbered seats) - £6

Backstraight - £5 adults, £3.5 kids

Edited by Mateusz

Bydgoszcz prices, which are average Ekstraliga prices:

Grandstand (numbered seats) - £12

First bend (numbered seats) - £6

Backstraight - £5 adults, £3.5 kids

Blimey thats a big price difference between sitting and standing.

I guess my work mate must stand. :unsure:

Clearly the answer to the topics question was a duly expected resounding no!