AUSTRALIA BLUE

GREAT BRITAIN WHITE

SWEDEN YELLOW

Finishing position

Australia

Denmark

Sweden

England

Snyper, you seem to be trying to post the word "England" on as many threads as possible. Are you being sponsored? :wink:

All the best

Rob

You mean like the team try to mention as many times as possible. Seems we got the same sponsor Lucifer :D

Snyper, but it's a shame you've got the name wrong. It's "Great Britain". :wink: And no there aren't any Scots in the team, but would you pick Sean Stoddart??? :lol:

All the best

Rob

The Swedes and Danes hopefully to qualify, but without King Nicki and a half fit Hans the Danes face an uphill struggle.

Will Leszno be the same track as we see so often in the GP's with the inside line being the quickest or has Ole learned his lesson from last night and let someone else prep the track? I think not :angry:

I don't think Ole has any say in track prep for the World Cup. Only G.P's, judging from what they were saying last night about him being sat in the stand in the afternoon at P'boro whilst the track prep was taking place.

MORE "BRITISH" BRITISH TEAM ON THE WAY

TeamGB manager Rob Lyons last night sensationally named an all-Scottish team for the SWC Race-Off in Leszno, Poland on Thursday night. Lyons - who, despite being Team GB manager, employs just one British rider in his Kings Lynn Stars team - had been spurred into action by the criticism of keyboard-warrior Snyper1010 on the well-regarded British Speedway Forum.

"He's not called Snyper for no good reason," laughed Lyons. "He really hit this one on the head. Of course it's a Britishteam, it says it in the name, so I immediately realised the error of my ways and picked a team which balances things out nicely, I think."

TeamGB, utilising just about every rider with haggis in his veins, will line up as follows, with a massive Premier League CMA of almost 30 points, putting last night's selection (with an Elite League CMA of almost 40) to shame:

Sean Stoddart

Derek Sneddon

William Lawson

James Grieves ©

Ross Brady

In future Lyons will endeavour to reflect a more British feel in his team, and will pick one Englishman, one Scot, Phil Morris or Tony Atkin, Andrew Tully from the Isle of Man, and Benji Compton from Tenerife filling in until the BSPA can impregnate an Ulster girl with suitably speedway-friendly sperm.

Lyons added, "Wait, New South Wales doesn't count, does it?"

TeamGB manager Rob Lyons last night sensationally named an all-Scottish team for the SWC Race-Off in Leszno, Poland on Thursday night. Lyons - who, despite being Team GB manager, employs just one British rider in his Kings Lynn Stars team - had been spurred into action by the criticism of keyboard-warrior Snyper1010 on the well-regarded British Speedway Forum.

"He's not called Snyper for no good reason," laughed Lyons. "He really hit this one on the head. Of course it's a Britishteam, it says it in the name, so I immediately realised the error of my ways and picked a team which balances things out nicely, I think."

TeamGB, utilising just about every rider with haggis in his veins, will line up as follows, with a massive Premier League CMA of almost 30 points, putting last night's selection (with an Elite League CMA of almost 40) to shame:

Sean Stoddart

Derek Sneddon

William Lawson

James Grieves ©

Ross Brady

In future Lyons will endeavour to reflect a more British feel in his team, and will pick one Englishman, one Scot, Phil Morris or Tony Atkin, Andrew Tully from the Isle of Man, and Benji Compton from Tenerife filling in until the BSPA can impregnate an Ulster girl with suitably speedway-friendly sperm.

Hang on, doesn't Mark Loram have Maltese blood in his veins? :wink:

Edited by colincooke

Sean Stoddart

Derek Sneddon

William Lawson

James Grieves ©

Ross Brady

How dare you ignore the Isle of Wight....don't you realise they actually have a speedway team :shock: that's only one less than Scotland and the same as Wales :angry: Why would anyone on the Island support Team GB when it doesn't include a single Wightman :mad:

Cracking post Linus :approve:

I do hope we do ok on Thursday, being realistic a few race wins would be good. I fear what a thrashing will do for the young brits or is this what is meant by getting them ready for the future

Change Stoddart with Tully and you have yourself a Scottish team that would indeed finnish ahead of the teams that currently occupy 4th place.

Also would someone like to answer me why its ok for the English lads to "have fun" and "gain exprience" but not for any Scots to have the oppertunity. Just a tad "xenophobic" dont you think :approve: