British Speedway Forum

That generally is the case anyway . More often than not Glasgow and that other mob have at least two Scots in their septet .

Absolutely.Best place for them :approve:

Davie Sneddon to Glasgow :lol::wink:

Here's what I don't understand.

A lot of people 'seem' to be blaming Nicholls for any bad team spirit that was around last year, with the persistent rumour that him and Harris didn't / don't get on. Then the same people criticise Nicholls for not being in the pits for the SWC.

Surely if Nicholls is that bad an influence on team spirit within Team GB, why would he have been in the pits anyway? There seemed to be more than enough people in the pits to offer advice etc. Many more and it could have been 'too many chef's etc'. Team GB has a squad of 12, but I don't recall seeing all of those present, but only Nicholls absence get commented on.

I'm not blaming Scott for any bad team spirit. It was clear last year than none of our boys were happy and none of them seemed interested in eachother.

All I'm saying is that Scotts experience and knowledge at this level is worthy of him being there to pass it on.

I'm also happy to mentioned that Joe Screen could have been there, after all I believe he made it clear that he was not interested in riding but was happy to offer advice.

Rob wants to go with a young team, fair enough. I just think there should have been other more experienced riders there to offer help / advice and back up rather than stay at home and sulk.

As I mentioned in the post, I am a Scott Nicholls fan and would love to see a return to form as he is a great talent. I dont want to see british boys being left behind.

Davie Sneddon to Glasgow :lol::wink:

Now you're just being silly . And it's Derek , Davie was the Mr Nasty in Take the High Road :rolleyes:

It was a good meeting last night and aside from the disappointment for us at the end the guys combined did what was written on the tin

at Pboro it was obvious that the boys were struggling for their first couple of riders to understand which lines to take and cover in bend 2 out of the gate............... at Lezno it was no different from the off............. Rico and Bomber were taking the right line but the others were attempting to either cut the bend or go to wide.......... then their 2nd rides came along and they had learnt that one ...... and it is this that we needed to see

As long as the guys arent tailed off..... are pushed to or can see in front of them what the standard is that is required...... and are learning then we cannot ask for any more....

more examples...... our 3 young guys all jumping at the start in their first rides... danny and Tai settled... lewis didnt....................... all 3 of them trying to make long straights in their first couple of rides ...... we didnt get to see if Lewis learnt or not.... but the other two did.... although Danny still thought that the inside was as competitive

ive gotta say I really cannot believe the integrity of some people in this thread...... its almost like being right is more important than the speedway itself :unsure: ............ even with Rico, Nicholls and Bomber at Pboro that would still involve two of our youngsters....... so on general form that would be Ed and Lewis....... on Pboro form probably Danny and Lewis/Tai............................... hands on heart we know that wouldnt be good enough to qualify directly (yet!) ...... and so it proved with the Poles and the Aussies a complete cut above anything we could have put out

so then we go to Leszno and the discussion turns to which youngster should sit it out to make way for Rico.............. Ed was sensibly chosen and on we go into such a great experience for the whole team including Ed (as he now knows he has to join some big track clubs .....and quickly)............. but now we have those classic retrospective critical posts saying Danny shouldnt have been picked......... really? as GB team manager you wouldnt have picked him after Monday? ....... that Lewis shouldnt have been picked .............. really? so even after dropping our 3rd best gb rider we should also drop our 4th best? even though despite not scoring highly on Monday he was generally on the pace?

Even if we had found 5/10 extra points from somewhere some major things are being ignored here................. the Danes not only had Nicki out, but also had an out of form Bjarne not riding, Hans riding badly or not fit enough, and NKI not riding well............. it is impressive that they did as well as they did tbh........... the Swedes over the last few years have seen there usual team decimated with retirements, and international retirements....... but even with the team they had they were once again lacklustre...................... Rico was magnificent last night and before I say what I am about to I know about his very good SWC record..... but it has to be said that it was not the norm for Rico... he excelled well above what would be a good representation of his average........................ all of these factors papered over the cracks so I really do not think that life would be all ok if we had been psychic enough to know which youngster would struggle the most, and to replace them with a Scott with his head, machinery and team ethos all in the right place................... because against normal Danish or Swedish lineups and performances it still wouldnt be enough................

and we go full circle back to the team that was chosen for Pboro and why

Firstly well done to the GB team who tried so hard last night.BUT all this about blooding youngsters i judt dont agree with.Team GB should always put their strongest team out for the WTC.This is the WTC for christ sake,its not a practice for the real thing,this is the real thing!Im sure its a British thing saying splendid,bravo etc but you know whats going to happen 4 years down the line .Nothing.AGAIN this is nothing against the riders who tried their best its about doing things properly.
I would have thought that was just about our strongest team and certainly one of our better performances of recent years. Whether or not Scott Nicholls should have been in is a matter of opinion his form of recent has been inconsistant although there are signs that its starting to come together and if next season his form is good enough Rob Lyons may well choose to select him. I dont know "whats going to happen 4 years down the line" but dont forget its not like the Football World cup every 4years, we go again Next year hopefully Bridger, King, Kennett, Woffinden will have benefited from this years experience.

Now you're just being silly . And it's Derek , Davie was the Mr Nasty in Take the High Road :rolleyes:

I thought they we're both Mr Nasty. Point taken.C'mon admit it, you really had to grit them teeth then eh! :wink:

:lol:

Edited by colincooke

You're so right, 5th is a fantastic achievement and the youngsters made a key contribution to us getting so close.
They did good enough for me pal especially when no one gave them a hope in hell.