British Speedway Forum

Well I am hoping that now Charlie has proved that she can do the live anchor role that we will be able to have her at all GPs doing the presentation from trackside and then we may be able to get all the the GP's in HD as it is a lack of HD equipped studios in London that is holding up showing all GP's in HD.

With being spoilt last week by having 3/4 meetings in high definition which all looked superb we had to go back to standard coverage of the Elite league match which just looked fuzzy and washed out compared to what we got used to last week.

I believe the time has come now for BSPA/stadium owners and Sky to get together to find a way of improving lighting at live TV matches even if only on a temp week by week basis and moved round like the studio unit so that we can have weekly HD speedway

I believe the time has come now for BSPA/stadium owners and Sky to get together to find a way of improving lighting at live TV matches even if only on a temp week by week basis and moved round like the studio unit so that we can have weekly HD speedway

If Sky wanted they could get around the lighting issue.

They have a mobile lighting rig which is a single huge floodlight that they erect outside smaller football stadiums when extra light is required.

Yes that is correct diesel and in fact they have the use of full lighting rigs that are used at some day/night Cricket matches at Test game venues but it comes down to cost, To use mobile lighting rigs would add on an additional £1,500 per meeting production costs which over the course of the season would be over 50K extra and that is on top of an extra 140K a year to broadcast in HD which Sky are happy to absorb.

At most stadiums to improve the lighting up to the required lux levels for HD coverage would cost around £5,000 per track I understand Sky are willing to make contributions but expect/want clubs and stadiums to pay as well for the increased clarity and benefits to sponsors logos which im sure will make it easier to sell adverts

Edited by flagrag

I wouldnt give him the time of day Bryn you have been announcing at various tracks up and down the country for donkeys years. This geezer should have a go and wouldnt be fit to lick your boots so dont worry about it. Most Rye fans have trouble reading the programme let alone filling one out so the mistakes he mentions were on his part not yours.

Bryn is a top interviewer and announcer otherwise promotions up and down the country wouldnt use his services.

It amazes me the reaction I get to some of my posts. Loads of drivel on the forum, including some really harsh words directed at the Sky team and Tai in particular, but none get the vitriol I am subjected to, over what is only an opinion after all.

I managed to watch the entire meeting in 25 minutes last night. Switched on and heard Millard commentating and thought that it was to be expected then saw Johnathan Green and Spud 'n Spam, V+ it and watched it later.

As for comments relating to Charlies presence in the pits from the female fraternity, I would put that down to the old green eyed monster :wink:

Yeah and Sam Ermolenko! :approve: we are always being told it's a "mans sport" (oh Shane I knew that quote would come in handy somewhere :lol: !!!!!) so get the woman the hell out of the pits if she wants to be involved let her be a start tart!

Sandie & Shazzy, I didn't expect for you to be sexist. :rolleyes::wink: There's every place for women on the Sky team - especially ones wearing a vest top. :lol:

All the best

Rob

Ok heres the compromise, We (the males) can have Charlie Webster, whilst you (the females) can have Johnston and 14 riders to look at :lol:

Edited by James

Sandie & Shazzy, I didn't expect for you to be sexist. :rolleyes::wink: There's every place for women on the Sky team - especially ones wearing a vest top. :lol:

All the best

Rob

dont include me.

I dont mind having Charlie there. Just so long as we can have some off the track attraction too!

Ok heres the compromise, We (the males) can have Charlie Webster, whilst you (the females) can have Johnston and 14 riders to look at :lol:

1 female for you lot

14+2 fellas for us girlies.

yep - deal done. Thanks.

Can I now choose the riders and commentators please :lol:

No DEAL! :mad: Johnston was stadning too close to someone with an ugly stick if you ask me! Now SAM is another matter....... :wink::lol:

It amazes me the reaction I get to some of my posts. Loads of drivel on the forum, including some really harsh words directed at the Sky team and Tai in particular, but none get the vitriol I am subjected to, over what is only an opinion after all.

Because what you post is offensive, boorish, disrespectful, arrogant and complacent garbage perhaps, all delivered in total cowardice from behined a moronic name?

Apart from that it's fine.

Rob McCaffery

Charlie is ok and it's only fair you men have someone to brighten up boring meetings.

We get all the riders to lust after anyway :approve:

1 female for you lot

14+2 fellas for us girlies.

yep - deal done. Thanks.

Sandie - I think it's a bit unbalanced, even taking into account the 4 start tarts. So therefore I propose replacing Steve Johnston and Sam Ermolenko with Kelly Brook and that one off Hollyoaks who was I'm A Celebrity. :lol:

All the best

Rob

Sandie - I think it's a bit unbalanced, even taking into account the 4 start tarts. So therefore I propose replacing Steve Johnston and Sam Ermolenko with Kelly Brook and that one off Hollyoaks who was I'm A Celebrity. :lol:

All the best

Rob

That would be great, but just to keep people happy get in 2 girls that know about sport therefore, bring in Georgie Thompson and Di Stewart from Sky Sports News! :wink:

( then Dec from Ant and Dec may start watching) :lol:

Edited by James