British Speedway Forum

The main point of this years SWC as far as GB is concerned was to blood the kida to help them learn for the future. With Nicholls throwing his toys away instead of helping the kids is shameful of a former Captain of his country.

You are right, it is up to him but he does himself no favours.He's not good enough to be a prema donna

Grow up and get a life. How does not being there extend to throwing his toys. Never read such a load of tosh on here for a very long while. Are you privvy to the inner workings of the team? Did Lyon invite him? Where was Stead? Throwing his toys too? Was Olly Allen there? (Should have been in the team imo!) Ben Barker? But no, you want to Bash Scott.

Its like saying, if he had been picked, he would have got GB through, so Lyons should be sacked. But you can't make such tedious connections. There are 469 threads bashing Nicholls, join one of them - instead you have yourself a headline. Well Done.

Who says he threw his toys away? There has been no mention whatsoever of any bad feeling from Team GB towards Scott, he wasn't picked. Perhaps he didn't want to be picked, we don't know do we? Why do people assume there has been a falling out, or he has been asked to stay away. We don't know do we? If we want to talk about falling out, I suggest we look at Ryan Sullivan, not turning up because he thought he would be dropped, now that is a prima donna!!

I'll agree with most of this - there has been no mention at all of why Scott wasnt there on Monday night or tonight, either by team GB or by Scott himself. With no official explanation, we cannot surmise where he was or what his reasons were.

By the same token, I don't recall anyone saying that Sullivan had decided not to turn up because he thought he would be dropped - just that he didn't turn up for practice. You can't make assumptions about either rider.

Once again Chris Louis showed what a useless and polictically correct interviewer he is. Failed to ask the question where is Nicholls when talking about the team to Rob L.

Maybe Chris Louis had been asked not to mention Scott Nicholls when interviewing Rob Lyon, or he just chose to focus is questions on the riders who had been picked to represent their country. Who knows?

Here we go again.... Lets have yet another Scott Nicholls bashing thread.

Will you all ever grow up?

So what, he wasnt there, you answer your own questions.... the usual probably upset team spirit, blah blah, blah...

He wasnt picked to go to Poland, he wasnt there, which is HIS business, NOT ours.

We nearly made it through with the kids, of which I am very PROUD.

Yes, maybe we may have qualified if Scott had been in the team, then again we may not have.

For Heavens sake, get a life and look at the positives from this SWC.

The future looks better for Team GB at this moment in time and we should support those that were

there, racing or not. Not keep harping on about who wasnt there and why.

Super Super Post Spot on

Grow up and get a life. How does not being there extend to throwing his toys. Never read such a load of tosh on here for a very long while. Are you privvy to the inner workings of the team? Did Lyon invite him? Where was Stead? Throwing his toys too? Was Olly Allen there? (Should have been in the team imo!) Ben Barker? But no, you want to Bash Scott.

Its like saying, if he had been picked, he would have got GB through, so Lyons should be sacked. But you can't make such tedious connections. There are 469 threads bashing Nicholls, join one of them - instead you have yourself a headline. Well Done.

ha ha!

Once again Chris Louis showed what a useless and polictically correct interviewer he is. Failed to ask the question where is Nicholls when talking about the team to Rob L.

Do you only do moaning. :shock: Bet you've got an A level in it. :lol:

:blink::blink:

Do you only do moaning. :shock: Bet you've got an A level in it. :lol:

:blink::blink:

I reckon he's got two degrees in it, and I'm more than willing to give him a Third!! :lol:

I reckon he's got two degrees in it, and I'm more than willing to give him a Third!! :lol:

:lol::lol:

Here we go again.... Lets have yet another Scott Nicholls bashing thread.

Will you all ever grow up?

So what, he wasnt there, you answer your own questions.... the usual probably upset team spirit, blah blah, blah...

He wasnt picked to go to Poland, he wasnt there, which is HIS business, NOT ours.

We nearly made it through with the kids, of which I am very PROUD.

Yes, maybe we may have qualified if Scott had been in the team, then again we may not have.

For Heavens sake, get a life and look at the positives from this SWC.

The future looks better for Team GB at this moment in time and we should support those that were

there, racing or not. Not keep harping on about who wasnt there and why.

How does the future look better for team GB , are all the other teams going to slow down so that Kennet , King and woffinden can keep up , if Sweden and Denmark had full strength teams we would have been last , and unless they both decide to "blood some youngsters " we will have no chance next year or the year after. maybe the Aussies will stand crumpie and adams down next year and let Shelby Rutherford and darcy ward take over . I cant see boycie doing that somehow :blink:

Edited by speedibee

How does the future look better for team GB , are all the other teams going to slow down so that Kennet , King and woffinden can keep up , if Sweden and Denmark had full strength teams we would have been last , and unless they both decide to "blood some youngsters " we will have no chance next year or the year after. maybe the Aussies will stand crumpie and adams down next year and let Shelby Rutherford and darcy ward take over . I cant see boycie doing that somehow :blink:

Have to agree, Beespeed

GB finished ahead of a Denmark team devoid of the current Grand Prix Champion and with its no 2 rider clearly hampered by injury

And GB were clearly so far behind Poland and Australia in Round 1

I wrote on another thread - why do GB riders' machines not have the apparent speed of the other nations' riders?

Last night, Harris and Woffinden look quite capable of beating the opposition with their riding ability but were let down by the pace of the machinery

Richardson clearly had a better set up and did show some good speed

King (last night) and Kennett (Monday) were so far off, Bridger lacked confidence as well as speed

The future only looks good if machinery can be sorted

I thought i heard Boyce say he would have used Ward but for his injury.And of course Sullivan wasn't riding last night when he is better than one or two that were.That is down to team spirit i would have thought.The same as Rob Lyon is trying to do.....I guess the feeling from both Rob and Craig is the best 5 riders don't neccesarily make the best team :unsure:

If he carries on progressing the way he is i would say Darcy will be a dead cert for the Aussies next year,if had not broke his ankle he would have been in on Monday.

You contradict yourself here! No the other teams won't slow down but equally we won't get any quicker if we don't get the young riders in early to get some experience.

The reason Denmark and Sweden have good teams is that they DID blood their youngsters early instead of sticking with the old guys till they are well past it.

How many times over the last 6 or 7 years have we seen Floppy, Barker, Havelock, Screen, Smith, Hurry step in to replace injured riders at the last minute when we should have been giving the young guys a go. We have failed to win anything with the older guys and our team will get older and weaker if we don't "blood some youngsters" now!

Denmark shocked everyone about 7 years ago with a team that included Hans Andersen, Bjarne Pedersen and Charlie Gjedde who weren't even riding at heatleader level at that time, but they came through and surprised everyone and have continued to do so since then. They currently used Klindt when they could have gone for a couple of other more experienced riders and Sweden left out Karlsson / Max and used yonger guys too.

Australia "blooded" Holder last year and Leigh Adams is likely to retire in the next year or two along with Sullivan so Aus will have no choice but to bring in a couple more then. Its pretty certain that someone like Ward or Gathercole will be riding for them next year. Crump probably won't be around for more than another 3 or 4 years either and by that point Shields & Watt will be well into their 30's!

Everyone has been "blooding youngsters" except us which is why they all have good teams and we struggle!

What part of all that isn't blatantly obvious? :blink:

Edited by coma

You contradict yourself here! No the other teams won't slow down but equally we won't get any quicker if we don't get the young riders in early to get some experience.

The reason Denmark and Sweden have good teams is that they DID blood their youngsters early instead of sticking with the old guys till they are well past it.

How many times over the last 6 or 7 years have we seen Floppy, Barker, Havelock, Screen, Smith, Hurry step in to replace injured riders at the last minute when we should have been giving the young guys a go. We have failed to win anything with the older guys and our team will get older and weaker if we don't "blood some youngsters" now!

Denmark shocked everyone about 7 years ago with a team that included Hans Andersen, Bjarne Pedersen and Charlie Gjedde who weren't even riding at heatleader level at that time, but they came through and surprised everyone and have continued to do so since then. They currently used Klindt when they could have gone for a couple of other more experienced riders and Sweden left out Karlsson / Max and used yonger guys too.

Australia "blooded" Holder last year and Leigh Adams is likely to retire in the next year or two along with Sullivan so Aus will have no choice but to bring in a couple more then. Its pretty certain that someone like Ward or Gathercole will be riding for them next year. Crump probably won't be around for more than another 3 or 4 years either and by that point Shields & Watt will be well into their 30's!

Everyone has been "blooding youngsters" except us which is why they all have good teams and we struggle!

What part of all that isn't blatantly obvious? :blink:

what is blatantly obvious about this post is that it is written by someone who knows they are always right, and will only listen to views that do not conflict their own .