British Speedway Forum

This is utter stupidity. Tai wore a Ausie t shirt, so what. He's gained experience at the expence of a few morons who just want to bring him down. Australia if I remeber is part of the commonwealth, hell there's even a Union Jack on their flag. The fact he chose to ride for team GB shows more spirit that some are willing to give. Surely if Tai was all about winning he would have chosen to race for Australia in the first place. Lets face it their in front of us in tearms of silverware potential.

At the end of the day he helped out a group of lads he has grown up with, who he has riden with since he was a kid, who most probably have helped in the making of the great rider that Tai Woffinden is.

My final rant is that if you were to help out a mates company with a little work on the side, would you refuse to wear the company T shirt just because you work for someone else. The answers NO and you all know it.

Not only is he wearing a team Australia shirt today at the Race Off you could clearly see the Australian flag tatooed on his back!

He obviously does not really consider himself British but by declaring himself such he has has the benefits of being able to ride conference league, doubling up and a nice low starting average :mad:

Totally agree gone way down in my estimation.

This is utter stupidity. Tai wore a Ausie t shirt, so what. He's gained experience at the expence of a few morons who just want to bring him down. Australia if I remeber is part of the commonwealth, hell there's even a Union Jack on their flag. The fact he chose to ride for team GB shows more spirit that some are willing to give. Surely if Tai was all about winning he would have chosen to race for Australia in the first place. Lets face it their in front of us in tearms of silverware potential.

At the end of the day he helped out a group of lads he has grown up with, who he has riden with since he was a kid, who most probably have helped in the making of the great rider that Tai Woffinden is.

My final rant is that if you were to help out a mates company with a little work on the side, would you refuse to wear the company T shirt just because you work for someone else. The answers NO and you all know it.

Tai chose to ride for england at the time because Australia were so strong that he would have had no chance of a place in their squad . England was a different story though!!! what do you think would happen If Wayne Rooney were to wear a french shirt after Engalnd had been eliminated from the world cup , I suppose the football supporters would all say well they're his mates so that alright ,

It's already been stated on another thread that if you are working in the teams pit crew then team shirts have to be worn. Some people need to get over themselves, I couldn't give a toss what people wear :rolleyes:

It's already been stated on another thread that if you are working in the teams pit crew then team shirts have to be worn. Some people need to get over themselves, I couldn't give a toss what people wear :rolleyes:

And the Australian tattoo on his back?

Are pit crews forced to go under the needle as well now then :rolleyes:

Spot on in my opinion.

Why is it in this country we are English / British if we win, yet we're Scotish, Welsh or maybe Australian if we loose.

As for he would not get a place in the Aussie team, I think you will see a couple of those top placed riders stepping down in the next year or so.

Tai is a rare talent, not only can he race, he actually has a mature head on young shoulders and thinks about more than just himself. Probably what's upset a few on here.

Some people on here really frighten me.....He was born in one country and grew up in another.His family come from one country,while most of his friends ome from the other i would guess.He probably feels empathy with both and had to make a choice.Most people here wanted him to make the choice he did.Let's leave the kid alone and enjoy his efforts in and for the country.I have 3 kids.1 born in London and 2 in Germany.They all feel German at the moment,but why shouldn't she(they) also be happy with their English heritage?

Some people on here really frighten me.....

Hilarious and disturbing in equal measures mate . Some people on here could really do with getting a girlfriend . :wink:

Tai has shown his true colours.

Next years TeamGB should not include him in it

Judas :mad::mad::mad:

Oh dear, has the standard of this forum really dropped this far. :rolleyes:

I can't see anything wrong with Tai wearing an Aussie shirt - his own team was out, so he was helping out his mates. What's wrong with that?

All the best

Rob

Oh dear, has the standard of this forum really dropped this far. :rolleyes:

I can't see anything wrong with Tai wearing an Aussie shirt - his own team was out, so he was helping out his mates. What's wrong with that?

All the best

Rob

Each day this forum plumbs new depths of stupidity, it appears a few members are having a "who can come up with the most idiotic complaint" competition and some of the less intelligent posters have jumped on bandwagons, as they always do.

the shirt or the tattoo did not really worry me to be honest

speedway is a curios sport - The guesting system ins league racing etc

however i doubt u would see Troy batchelor in a Team GB pit

I'm not British ... I'M ENGLISH

Wont wear a Union Jack, wont support Team GB .... Make it England again and fine but sadly this Country is losing its pride and vanishing into a European hell hole of political correctness

Hmmmmmmmmm! let me see now. You are ENGLISH from England which stems from Angle Land, (i.e. Anglia (East Anglia)) which as Anglo Saxon is equally associated with the Saxons (from Saxony, a region of Northern Germany). Hmmmmmmmmmmm! I'd say that probably makes you European doesn't it?

I know, let's get even more parochial about it. I was born in Sutton Coldfield, Warwickshire (as it was then placed), but moved from there when I was 20 months old to my father's county of Oxfordshire where I was brought up and remained until voluntarily joining the armed forces just prior to my 18th birthday. I now live in Kent and have done so since 1984. My nearest track, apart from Iwade (Sittingbourne) is Lakeside. However, despite there being no current promotion there, I still consider myself to be an Oxford Cheetahs supporter. Should I call myself a 'fringe Brummie' or a British European? Of course, going back in history, there could be a trace of Irish, Scottish or Welsh in the family - who knows? I think I'll just stick with British with immediate English ancestory and with the flag of St. George incorporated into the Union flag, I'm happy to fly to Union Jack and support Team GB, or even Team UK.

To use the recently overused adage, "Simples".

And the Australian tattoo on his back?

Are pit crews forced to go under the needle as well now then :rolleyes:

Is this the tattoo he had done when he was 16, was living in Australia (since he was a baby) and had not decided for certain he was going to be a professional speedway rider let alone which country he was going to ride for. At that point he obviously 'felt' Australian...what's wrong with that? :unsure:

My mate at work has her ex-husband's name tattooed on her wrist. Does that mean she shouldn't have divorced him (even though he was sleeping with half a dozen other women) because she'd made her choice and wasn't allowed to change her mind?

Some people on here really, seriously need to get out more....preferably NOT just to the speedway once a week but into the 'real' world occasionally!!!! :rolleyes:

He's only helping his mates out (I assume) having grown up in Australia and spending so much time there.

As long as Tai gives 100% when he's riding for GB then I really don't understand the whinging on here... he probably learnt more being there yesterday than sat watching it on TV. :unsure:

Edited by tigerblues

He's only helping his mates out (I assume) having grown up in Australia and spending so much time there.

As long as Tai gives 100% when he's riding for GB then I really don't understand the whinging on here... he probably learnt more being there on Saturday than sat watching it on TV. :unsure:

I think he would have just got wet on Saturday. :wink:

All the best

Rob