British Speedway Forum
Anders

Scandal In Ostrow?

Sandie

A mate of mine said he read it in three news papers this morning.

Regards Tony

Curious` - sorry another question -

which 3?

Edit - Nikki found the first one (MIRROR ON LINE)

British speedway riders face ban after fans riot

By Sports Wire 21/07/2009

Chris Harris and Daniel King face a year-long ban in Poland following a crowd riot.

The Brits were among 16 riders who refused to race in a Polish league match due to a dangerous track, despite the referee passing it fit.

Fans stormed the pits in protest and riot police were called.

Edited by Sandie

Curious` - sorry another question -

which 3?

Sandie it was in the mirrow .sun. express yesterday.

they refused to ride in there league matches on sunday due to there opinion that the track was not rideable

Interesting.... isn't that going to be a bit counter productive though? :rolleyes:

If he tells us which papers they are, I'll nip up the shop and have a look.. ;)

Edit, won't bother going for a look if they were in yesterdays papers..

Edited by Jacques

This was an incident at Ostro .... riders were not happy with the track and at 6pm were complaining about track. A little later announcement made that the meeting was on and then at 8 o/c the meeting cancelled.

200 / 300 Polish speedway fans were then trying to remonstrate with the riders but were prevented by 20 security guards and locked pit gates.

just as an aside, if all riders were banned for a year, what are the clubs expected to do? sign a whole new team before their next meeting? or would any bans only kick in at the end of this season? :unsure:

I did see a small peice in The Sun yesterday about this.

just as an aside, if all riders were banned for a year, what are the clubs expected to do? sign a whole new team before their next meeting? or would any bans only kick in at the end of this season?

Hmmmm. You could give up Armadale, Sainsburys get the Planning Permission early to thwart Tesco and give you megga bucks for your assistance, Monarchs to ride all their home meetings at Ostrow which means TJH would ride every week. :shock: Sorted and everyone's a winner. :lol:

All it needed was a bit of lateral thinking KJ. :lol:

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Edited by Tsunami

I did see a small peice in The Sun yesterday about this.

So it's true then? :rolleyes:

The ref was none other than mr wojaczek,say no more,he must of had a great time pressing all the buttons in the refs box !!! :rolleyes: I can just picture him now red excluded ,yep blue excluded and so on...... :rolleyes: bet he even messed that up!!!

Edited by speedy den boy

It will be a travesty if Wojaczek wins this battle. 16 riders are adamant the track is unsafe, but one arrogant twit whose never ridden a bike says it's ok. You could tell by his demeanour he was determined to get the meeting on, and he wasn't prepared to listen. Not one rider got changed and we never even heard a bike rev. The track wasn't safe and all the riders were in full agreement by what i saw, and by what bomber told us at the airport the following morning. We've had incidents in this country <newcastle v redcar last year?>where some would have been prepared to give it a go, but didnt want to get on the wrong side of the local superstar, who had told them if they stick together they wouldn't get fined, suffice to say they did get fined. But this track didn't appear to be safe, it was frustrating for those of us there, but i dont blame the riders in this case, it did look far too soft to race on.

Edited by spanner47