British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
2ndbendbeerhut

Scott Nicholls

Your post is far too sensible for the forum in these present times.

thank you

Never heard of King's Lynn? :blink:

That wasn't my question. I asked what he had contributed to speedway. By what achievements has he earned his role with Team GB?

I know the people that dont like Scott will never listen to any arguments for him, but I dont see as he's done anything wrong with what he has said. He's quite right in beliving that he deserved at least a phone call from the team Manager. He isnt complaing that he was left out of the team, just that the same man who a few months ago made him team captain, didnt even call to say 'sorry mate Im going to stick with the young boys...'

Lee Richardson said in his interviews in Poland and at Lakeside that Scott would be back in the team one day soon. So I doubt that any of the other riders have a problem with him. Rob Lyon dropped the ball and should have had Scott in the team, pure and simple. Although in his defence, many on here, including myself, wanted Eddie & TAI dropped after P'boro, so he wasnt completly wrong...

"When I originally met Rob, I said I wanted to race for my country, but he phoned me and said I was having a tough time right now and perhaps it was best I didn't."

Quote above from Scott himself.

So, if Rob had already phoned him and said the above why would he need to phone him again to say the same thing.

Scott clearly knew the situation

Well said scott ....we would have been in the final if not for that fool lyon :approve:

I got the impression, rightly or wrongly, from the article that Scott was actually saying that he wasn't invited to be present in the pits for Team GB. I would imagine that a certain amount of people were invited ie Loram, Richardson etc, you can't invite the whole squad for each team otherwise you wouldn't be able to move in the pits. That was my take anyway, rightly or wrongly.

At least it's all out in the open now, this lion bloke comes across as a bit of a coward .The sooner he is removed and Nicholls put in the side the better off we will be .

Where as I have some sympathy with Nicholls about being left out, his form is not at its best at the moment so I can understand why.......................but a call would have been courteous to advise him....................

And for those of you who are slating Rob Lyon.................who would you have as Team GB manager??????????????

RP

IMO Lyon should have picked Scott for the race off - he is clealry a better choice than Bridger or King in Poland

In ignoring him Rob Lyon has failed in his job as Team manager ,charged with i assume getting us to the SWCF , all this claptrap about the young lions doing us proud !! Bridger and King scored how many between them ?????????

Get the youngsters around the squad and i agree tracking them at Pboro was a decent idea but you have to pick your best team in the Race off !!! (its like resting players in a meaningless world cup football group game but then picking the better players for the quater final)

imagine capello resting Rooney then leaving him out for the QF as he wanted to give the youngsters a go !

As i have said before if we had reached the final then 2 of the youngsters would have experienced the ultimate a world cup final in Poland and tai would have not had to gain this experience working in the pits for the aussies !!

A lot has been blamed on Scott for last year at Coventry and the Race off but the whole thing was a disaster last year how many did Rico score in the race off ???????

An out of form Scott is still a better option in a world cup race off than King or Brider at this moment in time

IMO

Edited by hemphizzx

I love the quote, "Nicholls, who in fairness to him has spent the last six years practically holding together a pretty ordinary and at times poorly organised Team GB side,

SCB pretty ordinary side! Why was that then?. Simply because Neil could only work with the riders that he had at his Disposal!! The kids were not around nor up to International standard then, and in some case's now are still not.

As for badly organised, is that his opinion, or yours??.

From paragraph 3: “I haven't even had the decency of a call from Rob,” Nicholls said.

From paragraph 4: I said I wanted to race for my country, but he phoned me and said I was having a tough time right now and perhaps it was best I didn't.

How many times does he want to be called then?

From paragraph 3: “I haven't even had the decency of a call from Rob,” Nicholls said.

From paragraph 4: I said I wanted to race for my country, but he phoned me and said I was having a tough time right now and perhaps it was best I didn't.

i would say that Nicholls felt the first call from Lyon was somewhat nebulous

if Lyon thinks it was the right decision to leave him out completely - FAIR ENOUGH - wrong IMO

But Scott obviously felt he was in with a chance for the race off or he would not be saying now he thought he deserved a call from Lyon telling him otherwise would he ?

Edited by hemphizzx

No one said it, it was written by a scribe. Therefore (look in the dictionary for a definition) it's not a QUOTE.

What was Richardson's best placing in a GP series in relation to Scott's placings.

What is Rico's best placing in a GB Championship. Has he won one of those yet & how many has Scott Nicholls won ?

I have nothing against Rico as he is a top rider, done super for GB and all clubs.

I suggest you get your dictionary out. I have just quoted you (above). The reporter made that statement (albeit in print) and I copied it, it's a quote. I will QUOTE the dictioary for you now, "to repeat (a passage, phrase, etc.) from a book, speech, or the like, as by way of authority, illustration, etc".

What does Lee Richardsons GP position or number of GB title have to do with (and I quote), "Nicholls, who in fairness to him has spent the last six years practically holding together a pretty ordinary and at times poorly organised Team GB side, rightly feels aggrieved."? Lee Richardson has performed better for Team GB than Scott over the last few years.

I have nothing against Scott but he makes himself look an ass here, he says Rob said he was not going to use him then moans that Rob didnt phone him to say he was not going t use him, d'oh! I also found the comment from the reporter to be quite funny as Scott has not held together a pretty ordinary Team GB over the years.

SCB pretty ordinary side! Why was that then?. Simply because Neil could only work with the riders that he had at his Disposal!! The kids were not around nor up to International standard then, and in some case's now are still not.

As for badly organised, is that his opinion, or yours??.

It's a quote, don't have a go at me for it, I suggest you contact Mike Bacon and tell him you don't agree with him.

Funny you should jump in and defend Middlo though when nobody has mentioned him, says a lot really.

If Scott would like to post his phone number here, I would be happy to offer my services to Rob Lyon as a secretary, and phone Scotty on a daily basis to tell him that he's not very good.

The facts are that since the original phone call to scott ref the peterborough match Rob Lyon continually suggested that both Scott and Lee would be reconsidered for the play off if we made it. Once he has done this the courteous thing to do when he has made his mind up would be to call Scott and Lee. It would appear what has happened is that the initial phone call has been made and to soften the blow for both parties a carrot was dangled ref the play off. However to finish of matters Rob should have called scott with his decision.

Poor team management in my eyes nothing to do about sulking, scotty just telling how it was. As the article states lots of people have been questioning him on what happened so he told it.

wolfy!!!!!