British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
2ndbendbeerhut

Scott Nicholls

No one said it, it was written by a scribe. Therefore (look in the dictionary for a definition) it's not a QUOTE.

What was Richardson's best placing in a GP series in relation to Scott's placings.

What is Rico's best placing in a GB Championship. Has he won one of those yet & how many has Scott Nicholls won ?

I have nothing against Rico as he is a top rider, done super for GB and all clubs.

Does the fact that it was WRITTEN not make it a quote from the article? :blink:

And as fo the rest of your aguement, does that mean that we should still be picking the likes of Havelock? Teams should be picked on current form, not what someone has achieved in the past.

At least it's all out in the open now, this lion bloke comes across as a bit of a coward .The sooner he is removed and Nicholls put in the side the better off we will be .

No, then we will be back to where we were last year, instead of taking the step foward that we did this year

Edited by Cornishman

Does the fact that it was WRITTEN not make it a quote from the article? :blink:

And as fo the rest of your aguement, does that mean that we should still be picking the likes of Havelock? Teams should be picked on current form, not what someone has achieved in the past.

No, then we will be back to where we were last year, instead of taking the step foward that we did this year

We came in the same place as last year in the race off and scored less points .

We came in the same place as last year in the race off and scored less points .

We only scored less points because the opposition were stronger all round.

Last year we were 14 points off qualifying, this year we were 4 off and in it right to the end

We only scored less points because the opposition were stronger all round.

Last year we were 14 points off qualifying, this year we were 4 off and in it right to the end

Denmark had no Bjane no Nicki and a 25 % fit hans ....yea really strong :blink:

We came 5th last year we came 5th year... thou with the right team we would have made the final because the other teams were so weak .

To be fair I can sympathise with Nicholls a little, you would expect all squad members to be given a call before both meetings to be told whether they were in the team or not.

However I'm quite happy that he didn't get picked for reasons explained to death over the last fortnight or so. Its still not clear to me whether he was invited to be in the pits or asked to stay away....of course it may have been neither and if so he has missed a trick by not being in the pits and part of the Team for both events. Lee Richardson and Edward Kennett were right in the middle of it all even though they weren't riding and that speaks volumes for their commitment.

If Nicholls wasn't told to stay away then his absence says an awful lot about him as a team player.

Denmark had no Bjane no Nicki and a 25 % fit hans ....yea really strong :blink:

If you READ my post, i said that we finished 14 points behind 2nd last year, 4 this year. And the team in 2nd were the same both times.

Denmark weren't mentioned. And even if they were, they scored plenty more than the 4th placed team last year.

Try checking your facts before you jump into someone elses discussion

If you READ my post, i said that we finished 14 points behind 2nd last year, 4 this year. And the team in 2nd were the same both times.

Denmark weren't mentioned. And even if they were, they scored plenty more than the 4th placed team last year.

Try checking your facts before you jump into someone elses discussion

To sum it up 5th last year 5th this year so no better . :rolleyes:

Did other Team GB squad members such as Simon Stead and James Wright receive a call to say they weren't riding in Poland ?

If not then why does Nicholls think he should have got one - what makes him so special and more deserving than the others ?

Maybe that's part of his problem, his ego lets him believe he deserves special treatment and when he doesn't get it then his dummy goes flying.

Did Rob phone Carl Wilkinson and tell him he was not using him in the World Cup? what about every other Brit riding in the EL? Or the PL? Why stop there, did he phone all eligible riders in the NL too?

I love the quote, "Nicholls, who in fairness to him has spent the last six years practically holding together a pretty ordinary and at times poorly organised Team GB side, rightly feels aggrieved." :approve: I assume that was sarcasm? :lol: 4 wasn't it last year at Coventry that he managed to score? Only better than Simon Stead.

Did make me laugh when the journalist/Scott Nicholls :wink: said that

What was Richardson's best placing in a GP series in relation to Scott's placings.

What is Rico's best placing in a GB Championship. Has he won one of those yet & how many has Scott Nicholls won ?

I have nothing against Rico as he is a top rider, done super for GB and all clubs.

Not really relevant to the World Cup.

It was more on this season's for that Nicholls was left out

How did Nicholls do in the British Final? Not as well as Rico

Nicholls has been poor this year but Rico has upper his game.

Btw i'm not having a pop at you just fighting fire with fire :blink:

Did other Team GB squad members such as Simon Stead and James Wright receive a call to say they weren't riding in Poland ?

If not then why does Nicholls think he should have got one - what makes him so special and more deserving than the others ?

Maybe that's part of his problem, his ego lets him believe he deserves special treatment and when he doesn't get it then his dummy goes flying.

you ask a question ref a phone call to wright and stead and without an answer criticise scotty. what if the answer to your question was yes they did recieve a call.

wolfy!!!

He has also been a world champion, but you left the under-21s out of your list.

Nicholls is the captain Wright and Stead are not .

Nicholls is the captain Wright and Stead are not .

has Rob Lyon said that Scott Nicholls is the captain for this season ???

personally i think Scott needs to buckle down and get some form back and then he may be re-considered

“I'm disappointed about not being picked, but more importantly I think it is pretty bad management that I haven't even had the decency of a call from Rob,” Nicholls said.

“When I originally met Rob, I said I wanted to race for my country, but he phoned me and said I was having a tough time right now and perhaps it was best I didn't.

“OK, so he was giving the youngsters the chance, that's fine by me. But I never said I didn't want to be part of the team that rode in the Race-Off.

“So imagine my surprise when I don't even get a call from him, not a word. He hasn't spoken to me since the phone call to say I wouldn't be in the original five that started at Peterborough.

http://www.british-speedway.co.uk/news.php?extend.2576.13

http://www.british-speedway.co.uk/gbsquad.html

As part of the squad, being told that not being in the side for the Peterborough meeting, does Scott prepare for the race-off meeting or not then? A lack of communication has played a big part in this problem.

I can see why Scott has reason to be annoyed, he is named captain of the squad in March, then not only to be considered for the starting line up for the 1st meeting isnt a big enough kick in the teeth but then not a word about the race-off when Lee Richardson was very aware that he was going to be in the line up for the Thursday meeting, otherwise i am not so sure we would have seen him in the pits that night , but then again i could be wrong. Is seems it was made clear scott wasnt needed around by the sounds of it for the peterborough meeting, He isnt going to invite himself really after show of faith and support like that.

Following on Chris Harris`s comments in the star this week seem to sum up the mood, you can see why he has said it as he wants to remain captain now(well, the 2 or 3 meetings a season). " if we can keep this team together and the boys keep getting more experience, we could have a bright future.

People have there own views on Scott but as a Speedway rider he is one of the best we have, this season has been poor but it will be intresting to see where he finishes up compared to the other british riders. Next season what happens if Scott has a storming start, it can't be as poor as this season. What does Rob Lyon do then?, Scott Nicholls Isn't finished by a long shot, the next generation of riders are few seasons away from being anywhere near to Scotts level.