British Speedway Forum

Slick - Lindgren, Bjerre, Davidsson.

Average - Lindgren, Zagar, Holder.

Grippy - Harris, Lindgren, and a random shock.

Just been told that it is a Chris Harris Track!!!! :lol: and then some!!

Went past the stadium about 30 minutes ago and its still very quiet BUT for the first time in a long time the local farmers are opening up their fields for parking.

They are obviously expecting a big crowd considering the size of main car park.

Set off early by the looks of it - despite the cost!

I think a few people will be disappointed when they get there and the field is not as great as people are making out

Maybe the field isn't that eyecatching. However I think it will be very competitive...some will be playing for real.

With only 3 going through, it should be some meeting. JD is the dark horse tonight, he only dropped 1 point here in the world cup a while ago...and he beat Nicki!

Can he possibly go through tonight? it's gonna be tough.

What about sulky boots? I think we will see an improvement on his league form here, but hopefully not enough for him to become a GP rider!

Perhaps the idiot of a commentator Yorke won't be able to find a parking space and then that would improve the meeting!!!!

With only 3 going through, it should be some meeting. JD is the dark horse tonight, he only dropped 1 point here in the world cup a while ago...and he beat Nicki!

Can he possibly go through tonight? it's gonna be tough.

What about sulky boots? I think we will see an improvement on his league form here, but hopefully not enough for him to become a GP rider!

Got a feeling that Pavlic will have a really good meeting and could well qualify .

Always amazes me the excuses people who reckon they're Speedway fans come up with for not attending Meetings. You've got 16 of the best riders going around at the moment on show all fighting for the right to appear in the top flight next season.

If I was anywhere within 500 miles of a show like this one I'd be crawling over hot coals to get there, hang the expenses, who gives a stuff about the announcer, but then I just enjoy the Sport.

Some folks just enjoy whingeing.

I've got no problem with Peter Yorke but the cost is ridiculous in my opinion. Compare it to fifteen quid for 25 heats of SWC at Peterborough in July; however good tonight's meeting is (and it will be good if they are allowed to prepare the track properly) you ain't going to get value for money compared to that.

Its a shame they have decided to charge the earth to get in as I along with lots of others won't be going. If it was £15 the place would be packed.

On current form, it looks like a straight race between the four Poles for the three places.

Would make the GP's interesting, with five Polish riders in after Holta finishes in the top eight. At least then the worlds top speedway nation would have adequate representation.

Got a feeling that Pavlic will have a really good meeting and could well qualify .

Where did I mention Pavlic then? :rolleyes:

Speedway £25 - 23 races 23 mins entertainment if at all there is a pass on a slick FIM prepared track

I agree football is expensive but at least you get a full 90 mins...

If this had been properly priced you would have got a massive crowd now i believe it will be lucky to get as many as a normal coventry race night...

£25 is far to expensive

[/qu

On your basis that Speedway only lasts 23 minutes per meeting perhaps you should put Football in the same context. There never has been a football league match that has lasted with 90 minutes of play. Taking out the various stoppages a football match lasts 60 minutes on average. Tennis is even worse with only 12 minutes per hour of actual play. I won't ever bother with Cricket.

If you think a Speedway meeting is just 23 minutes why do you bother going then. Surely the atmosphere, introducing the riders, then coming up to the start. Then reruns for various reasons. Riders doing a lap of honour after winnig a race. This all goes towards the ambiance of a meeting.

Ithink and hope the top three will be lindgren, harris and holder.

For all the people on here saying it is too dear I bet there is a big crowd tonight

Certainly is :)

zorro in the Gps what a f*****g joke he van hardly score more then 5-6p in Elitserien.

Cant really understand why he bothers coz he will be next years Nicholls.

Cant say im looking forward to another veteran in the GPS :angry::mad: