British Speedway Forum
iris123

Ice Racing 2009/10

About 150 miles away :approve:

So we are no better off knowing the third QR then. TBH I had forgotten about Inzell being re-built. (Looking at the film and pics of the demolition, they appear to have left the bar up! :rolleyes: )

Had a look on the FIM site and the conference is 17-23rd October in China, so we should know by then where all the rounds are supposed to be.

SVEMO and the swedish iceracing committee working together with Strömsund that QR3 will be held at Strömsund :wink: but it`s not confirmed by the FIM yet!

Thanks for that Jacqueline. After the cock up with Stockholm last year I thought the FIM would punish them this year, but looks like they have kissed and made up :lol:

Any dates being tentatively mentioned?

So we are no better off knowing the third QR then.

On the Russian forum they have the 3rd quali down for St.Johann in Pongau :lol: also on the same weekend as Sanok.Maybe like you say Sweden is a bit risky after last years balls up

Can't see them having two QRs in Austria, although this IS the FIM we are talking about :rolleyes: .

If Jacqueline is right, then Strömsund may be the third QR.

The big problem is where else could you stage it?

Well, there are possibilities in Norway, Finland or eiter Switzerland.

The plot thickens like the ice in Sanok :lol: with the 3rd quali meeting.

Here they have Teterow down to host the meetingIce Calendar

And reports are,that because of the weather Sanok will have track ready by the 23rd of November.15-20cms of ice

i've just checked my list of ice racing tracks i visited in the 1980's. how many of these still stage racing.

berlin

frankfurt

inzell

grenoble

alkmaar

assen

deventer

eindhoven

groningen

heerenveen

i've just checked my list of ice racing tracks i visited in the 1980's. how many of these still stage racing.

berlin

frankfurt

inzell

grenoble

alkmaar

assen

deventer

eindhoven

groningen

heerenveen

To add to what DGT has already written, you may like to know Frankfurt has a covered Tennis Court built on it,although you can still see the outline of the track on Google Maps.

Deventer, Eindhoven, Heerenveen and Almaar are now covered but don't stage Ice Racing, whilst Groningen now has an office block built on it (it's behind the Hotel that I stay at when I go to Assen).

Assen is the sole Dutch track, and has been covered for about 15-16 years, Berlin Wilmersdorf is still used, but the SportForum in the East hasn't staged Ice Racing since 2002, whilst Inzell is currently being redevoloped with a dome put over it and won't stage Ice Racing until 2011 at the earliest.

Any news if Posa riding yet again this season?? Long may he keep going!!

I talked to him in August and he didn't say anything about quitting, in fact quite the opposite.

To add to what DGT has already written, you may like to know Frankfurt has a covered Tennis Court built on it,although you can still see the outline of the track on Google Maps.

Deventer, Eindhoven, Heerenveen and Almaar are now covered but don't stage Ice Racing, whilst Groningen now has an office block built on it (it's behind the Hotel that I stay at when I go to Assen).

Assen is the sole Dutch track, and has been covered for about 15-16 years, Berlin Wilmersdorf is still used, but the SportForum in the East hasn't staged Ice Racing since 2002, whilst Inzell is currently being redevoloped with a dome put over it and won't stage Ice Racing until 2011 at the earliest.

when was the last time racing was held at grenoble. the year i went the weather was so mild it was a struggle to stop the track from thawing out!. :blink:

when was the last time racing was held at grenoble. the year i went the weather was so mild it was a struggle to stop the track from thawing out!. :blink:

If I remember correctly, the time you were there may well have been the last time they staged racing there, in 1988. The track was a "natural" ice track, and despite it's location it wasn't cold enough to support a natural track. Plus the lack of success by French riders meant that the French Federation withdrew their support. The same thing happened in 1993 with Madonna Di Campiglio in Italy, when that track held the first day's racing at Midnight, as the track wasn't properly frozen, and the second day was terrible, as the track was like slush. It also co-incided with the death of Reme Dal Bosco in Berlin, that the Italians completely withdrew from Ice Racing.