British Speedway Forum
OldBulldog

Scandinavian Gp - Saturdays Sky Coverage

Ah well,it wasn`t the best GP by a long way,so I`ve decided to have a night on the lash,Dietbow coming up trumps yet again :lol::approve:

Wish i could join you , but she's grounded me for the night :rolleyes:

Oo,er,um,I hope she don`t want ' favours ' later :lol:

I`m off to meet my Ayatollah,she`s already out working behind the bar,so it would be rude not to stand in front of her while she`s serving :lol:

and if you thought speedway was bad wait till Big Brother starts :rolleyes:

Went down the pub to watch it after the Arsenal game, as the landlord had recorded it, to find he was fast forwarding it at breakneck speed to try to catch up. So we saw from heat 5 til 16 at warp speed without hardly a chance to see who had scored what :rolleyes: . Then it cut to Tennis as advertised, the red button option wasn't available, gutted. So came home to see both semi-finals and final on the Polish website on the pc.

Should of stayed at home and seen it on that instead. :angry:

Meeting improved as the track settled, and great to see the mighty Glob on top form. :approve: Just a shame the championship seems done and dusted already.

Can totally understand peoples' frustrations about the switch to the red button. Would've been seething if we'd been out and recorded it, as hadn't seen this thread prior to the meeting and wouldn't have known a thing about the change. Guess from Sky's point of view, in addition to the commercial considerations people have already posted, there are probably also far more lucrative advertising revenues available from bigger companies for tennis than speedway. A no-brainer for the number crunchers making the decisions sadly.

Well done gollob you are a idiot legend and you so deserve this sadly i desiced to back the two

swedes aj and freddie not you and not the mighty hans who i absolutely adore so disapointment

but at least tg won good effort by harris and sad for adams who has been crap this season

but is a nice likeable guy and a quality rider so ill be on bread and cheese until payday unless

i go out nicking hope you muppets backed tom tom.

Luckily for me i'm a SKY subscriber.

Very much a shame that it rained tonight as Malllila, as Kelvin said is an excellent race track.

AJ was the 1st to show the lines on the track we're improving but just failed to get the win he deserved there.

Gollob was a masterclass & a very worthy winner, surely now though Jason will be world champion.

A strange thought that Nicki could end up out of the top 8 which is where he is now, how costly could Laguta's moment of madness be.

Well done to Hans for showing us how the track can be ridden & for his appreciation during the interveiw.

Bomber did well to get in the semis, but needed a good one off 4 in his 4th race, that was costly.

Enjoyed the gp tonight, all of it

Shame i missed the tennis :P:D

Edited by colincooke

I'm sure I heard Chris Harris declare "I came to Malilla and managed to get a semi" - most of us managed that (thanks to the white start girl) sitting in our living room Christopher............... :wink::wink::wink:

I'm sure I heard Chris Harris declare "I came to Malilla and managed to get a semi" - most of us managed that (thanks to the white start girl) sitting in our living room Christopher...............

:lol::lol: Well he was in white in his semi :lol:

A strange thought that Nicki could end up out of the top 8 which is where he is now, how costly could Laguta's moment of madness be.

Shame i missed the tennis :P:D

He's a cert for a wildcard if he doesn't qualify.

He's a cert for a wildcard if he doesn't qualify.

He is, but did we ever think he'd need that?

fwiw, i don't think he will.

Shame they had just bit too much rain too close to start time, I remember in 2005 first GP there they had a shower before start time and track was brilliant, great racing. Tonight track didn't settle in till heat 16, if racing had started then would have been a great night. Crump's got the Championship sealed, battle of Gollob & Hancock for 2nd & third. Sayfutdinov dropping like I thought he would.

Agreed, why should SKY worry about Virgin customers.

Because Virgin buy channels from Sky which makes their customers Sky's, just indirectly, or do you think Virgin Media get access to Sky programming for nothing?

Rob McCaffery.

I agree its not an idea situation, but if you are a subscriber to another provider, probably because its cheaper, its hardly fair to bleat about it, is it? As a sky customer, I will enjoy the whole meeting live, but thats what I pay for, isn't it? I'm sure Sky are really bothered about the Virgin customers.

A typically crass and insensitive posting. Try to consider the many cases where people aren't allowed to have dishes and have to rely on cable instead. Of course you'd have them move house, or more likely flat. It's not necessarily about price.

See my response to Blazeaway. It's more complex than you'd like to think and people have a right to voice concerns without being accused of bleating.

Rob McCaffery.

Edited by rmc