British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
GlasgowGuy

A-plant Classic (individual)

To say Glasgow Guy said Ashworth wouldn't win it he had a good go.

Never suggsted my predictions were any good!

Must say that was the best I have ever seen Ricky ride today, he was very quick, aggressive (controlled) and sharp, he looked like a serious challenger from his first ride .. as I say, I've never previously seen him ride better. Shook his hand afterwards and congratulated him on his efforts.

Also shook Mr Fisher by the hand and congratulated him (don't telll any fellow Glasgow fans or I'll be banned!) .. he did lift dangerously in the final and thwarted Wright's run around the outside, but it can happen in speedway. He wasn't a stand out throughout, but credit where credit's due, he peaked at the right time and won.

As Paulco has indicated, these non-team events are different from the standard bread & butter, and that's their attraction for me .. emotionally it was like having a week off!

emotionally it was like having a week off!

And that's exactly what i had . Back next week for the visit of Birmingham . Team speedway i love dearly , these individual things just don't do it for me . Glad i gave it a miss when i saw who won :shock:

And that's exactly what i had . Back next week for the visit of Birmingham . Team speedway i love dearly , these individual things just don't do it for me . Glad i gave it a miss when i saw who won :shock:

They don't do it for me either but today - oh how I wish I was there

Easy Tiger is an amusing read tonight!

MON THE FISH

Also shook Mr Fisher by the hand and congratulated him (don't telll any fellow Glasgow fans or I'll be banned!) .. he did lift dangerously in the final and thwarted Wright's run around the outside, but it can happen in speedway. He wasn't a stand out throughout, but credit where credit's due, he peaked at the right time and won.

Good on you, GG - Ryan will have appreciated that and also the prize money ;)

Good on you, GG - Ryan will have appreciated that and also the prize money ;)

Oh he did, I shook hands seconds after giving him his winnings!

...apart from Ricky Ashworth of course :wink:

Not of the chicken variety tho :)

Well dune Fish.... YOUR the man.

I'm sure he couldn't of done it without you. :wink: Good job!!

Easy Tiger is an amusing read tonight!

Amusing isn't the word I would use, more like appalling :blink: with the mods working overtime.

Well done Fish :approve:

Amusing isn't the word I would use, more like appalling :blink: with the mods working overtime.

Well done Fish :approve:

Never read it , every time i go to log on - computer says no . Something to do with cookies , but i've never fed my computer biscuits in my life :shock:

Anyway , was the Fishwife being abused ? :lol:

Poor meeting in front of a poor crowd yesterday.

Very few passes and little entertainment on track.

Is there anything that can be done to the Glasgow track to get it more raceable? There seemed to be very few passing lines with good riders being made to look ordinary if they missed the gate. Processional, strung out races were the order of the day and that should not be the case because the field was made up of some pretty handy riders.

The classic example of this was the semi-final where the Messiah (who had looked almost invincible early in the meeting) trundled round at the back when he missed the start.

I've seen him do it a few times at Ashfield and you have to wonder what kind of race track it is when a rider of that class deems it a lost cause after just one lap.

It's no wonder the crowds at Ashfield are so low when the only enterainment during the day is provided by the crowd!!

Should take a look at the stuff on the chatzone then, unfortunately the mods there aren't working. Some of the stuff posted has left a very bitter taste and the thing is, most of the so called "banter" is from people( including mods) that weren't even at Ashfield :mad:

Should take a look at the stuff on the chatzone then, unfortunately the mods there aren't working. Some of the stuff posted has left a very bitter taste and the thing is, most of the so called "banter" is from people( including mods) that weren't even at Ashfield :mad:

Please do point out these dreadful posts on the Chatzone. I doubt you can as there is nothing to warrant moderation on the Chatzone so do not throw that at us to cover up the venom on your own board.