British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Peter S.

Nordic Gp, Vojens 29-08-2009

Can't we have both?

Actually, he says "pee-dersen" which is the way the Danes say it ;)

This website seems to agree.

The website pronounces "Pedersen" the proper way, not the Johno-butchered manner, which as Rabbit rightly says, is more like Petersen.

What is this place coming too? A Poole thread that only has 5 pages and a GP thread only running to 6!!!! :o

Typical Vojens weather.I was soaked by about 15:30 and couldn't dry out until i got home :cry: But despite the weather it is great to see the stadium so full.The big meetings in Denmark are being well attended.Could do with a few more of the fans going to Superliga meetings.And of course the Euro U19 Team meeting last week only getting 500+

and no more so than Pearson's tongue becomes brown on Crumpies backside.

Never stops babbling on about fast freddie either i notice.

The only positive thing to come out of the GP last night, was the track cover. It would be interesting to know what the cost of it was, the material used and how it is utilised. British promotion please take note.

The only positive thing to come out of the GP last night, was the track cover. It would be interesting to know what the cost of it was, the material used and how it is utilised. British promotion please take note.

Just looked like a tough plastic sheeting velcroed together at the edges

Just looked like a tough plastic sheeting velcroed together at the edges

Well, I thought it can't be that complicated, but I've listened to those who say they know the difficulties in covering the tracks( sweating, difficult shape to cover, blah, blah blah). It seems to be a simple task made difficult by the so called experts.

He never changes does he? Seen him do that so many times. Also what's with all the spitting? Makes me feel sick. :D

Couldn't agree more, my other half said "why don't they keep the camera of him the dirty pig" she reckons he makes her feel sick too! Anyone remember 'spit the dog' on Tiswas, remind you of anyone :lol:

It was nice to see a Final without any of the favourites. They tend to be pretty much gate and go in these sort of conditions unlike the youngsters.

Emil, Zagar, AJ, Freddie, Holder etc hopefully next season.

There were a few good races, more than one would expect given the conditions, and a fresher looking final line-up.

At least one of Crump, Hancock, Gollob, Nicki Pedersen and Rickardsson has appeared in all but 2 of the GP finals since the start of 2001 (up to last night).

The exceptions were:

2006 Prague: Andersen, Zagar, Lindback, Hampel

2002 Cardiff: Sullivan, Wiltshire,M Karlsson, Adams

PS Note to Nigel Pearson - likening speedway riders competing for points to the M25 in the rush hour seems to miss the mark. If speedway riders travelled as fast as M25 rush hour traffic we'd be looking at a track record time of 7 minutes! (and that's the M25 on a good day :shock: )

Well, I thought it can't be that complicated, but I've listened to those who say they know the difficulties in covering the tracks( sweating, difficult shape to cover, blah, blah blah). It seems to be a simple task made difficult by the so called experts.

i suspect the problem is drainage?

you can keep the rain off the track but it will just go to the inside, so unless you have a good drainage system you just move the water around!

starting to pick up a bit of polish now listening to there commentary, who is the hot chick that presents the show?

sorry i mean young lady!

Not a bad GP, I too was wondering about British promoters adopting the track covering.

Classic Kelvin quote halfway through- "He's on the pace, but unfortunately trailing at the back" :lol: Very interesting logic their Tatum!

Nice to hear from Tai and as usual Sam in the studio, good input from both of them.

Some okay races with a mixture of boring ones.

Nice to see some different riders on the podium :approve:

There were a few good races, more than one would expect given the conditions, and a fresher looking final line-up.

At least one of Crump, Hancock, Gollob, Nicki Pedersen and Rickardsson has appeared in all but 2 of the GP finals since the start of 2001 (up to last night).

The exceptions were:

2006 Prague: Andersen, Zagar, Lindback, Hampel

2002 Cardiff: Sullivan, Wiltshire,M Karlsson, Adams

Sadly, even before reading the answer to the exception I knew which 2 they were. My only defence is that I was at both (also, Cardiff 2002 final was always going to see a first time GP winner, whoever happened to win the final and I knew that at the time too, embarrassingly, so did Tony Millard)

I thought it was an ok GP. Being on the other side of the world, I managed to stay awake till 5:30am watching it this time - fell asleep halfway through the last 2.

Nice to see Crump not have things all his own way. Not so good that Tomas & Greg couldnt make up any ground.

Not a bad GP, I too was wondering about British promoters adopting the track covering.

Classic Kelvin quote halfway through- "He's on the pace, but unfortunately trailing at the back" :lol: Very interesting logic their Tatum!

Nice to hear from Tai and as usual Sam in the studio, good input from both of them.

Some okay races with a mixture of boring ones.

Nice to see some different riders on the podium :approve:

er...Kelvin Tatum wasn't commentating on this GP, it was Steve Johnson and Pearson :lol:

Nice to see Crump not have things all his own way.

And yet he still increased his lead....