British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Polish Elite League Play-offs Sunday 30th August

am hoping torun get thru so could see a meeting after the bydgoszcz gp

am hoping torun get thru so could see a meeting after the bydgoszcz gp

We are going to be based in Poznan for the Bydgoszcz gp.I can see the final being Czestochowa v Zielona Gora.Distances from Poznan are Zielona Gora(and Torun if they got through)150 km Czestochowa 330 km.So really dont mind where as long as its not Czestochowa.

ZG - Gorzow 47:43! Was 42:42 before last heat.

Bydgoszcz are in semi-finals!!! :D

Semi final pairs are:

Czestochowa - Torun

ZG - Bydgoszcz

Sep 6th:

Torun v Czestochowa

Bydgoszcz v ZG

Sep 13th

Czestochowa v Torun

ZG v Bydgoszcz

Great news that Bydgoszcz are through cos they are my adopted Polish team but i dont quite understand how this best loser thing works??

Bydgoszcz drew & then lost by 7 whereas Gorzow lost by 2 & then 4 so its obviously not an aggregate points thing which i thought it was so how come they're through after all that??

Presume now its just normal semi finals with the 2 winners on aggregate going to the final with the losers finishing for the season.

Intersting to see that a lot think Czestochowa will beat Torun which would be bad news for me cos i fancied seeing their new stadium the day after the Polish GP!!

i hope its not zielona gora.its hell of a way from bydgoszcz.well it is if your full of polish beer from the night before :oops:

Great news that Bydgoszcz are through cos they are my adopted Polish team but i dont quite understand how this best loser thing works??

Bydgoszcz drew & then lost by 7 whereas Gorzow lost by 2 & then 4 so its obviously not an aggregate points thing which i thought it was so how come they're through after all that??

Presume now its just normal semi finals with the 2 winners on aggregate going to the final with the losers finishing for the season.

Intersting to see that a lot think Czestochowa will beat Torun which would be bad news for me cos i fancied seeing their new stadium the day after the Polish GP!!

The play-off 1st round was decided on match points from the 2 legs.Only if the match points were level did race points come into it. As bydzoszcz drew at home,Leszno drew away,Gorzow lost twice it went to race points Leszno finished on -16 Bydgoszcz on -7.

the losing semi-finalists meet for 3rd place on sept 27th and oct 4th.

Edited by racers and royals

The play-off 1st round was decided on match points from the 2 legs.Only if the match points were level did race points come into it. As bydzoszcz drew at home,Leszno drew away,Gorzow lost twice it went to race points Leszno finished on -16 Bydgoszcz on -7.

the losing semi-finalists meet for 3rd place on sept 27th and oct 4th.

Thanks for that mate.

Bit of a complicated system but glad Bydgoszcz got thru anyway!!

Might try and get over for one of their 2 remaining home meetings before going to the GP as well.

Thanks guys for confirming THJ's score.

Am I right in saying the final legs will be 11/10 and 18/10?

Semi-finals in Ekstraliga are 6.09 and 13.09. Meetings for 3rd place 27.09 and 4.10, and finals 11.10 and 18.10

Semi-finals in Ekstraliga are 6.09 and 13.09. Meetings for 3rd place 27.09 and 4.10, and finals 11.10 and 18.10

Thanks Vicar.

Are there play off matches in the Polish 1st Division?

Yes :) Last Sunday were first semi-final matches (Gniezno - Tarnow 41:51, Daugavpils - Rzeszow 63:27) and first match for 7th place (Ostrow - Grudziadz 48:39*).

The same with 2nd division. Last Sunday semi-finals results: Krosno - Łódź 37:55, Lublin - Miskolc 47:43.

All those results you can find on my website :)

Next matches - this Sunday.

* - the result was 48:45 but people from Ostrow team sneaked to referee that Schlein removed bikes to early from pit's area, so his points are annulled. Very stinky affair, they're writing a lot in polish speedway media about this.

Edited by Vicar

Yes :) Last Sunday were first semi-final matches (Gniezno - Tarnow 41:51, Daugavpils - Rzeszow 63:27) and first match for 7th place (Ostrow - Grudziadz 48:39*).

The same with 2nd division. Last Sunday semi-finals results: Krosno - Łódź 37:55, Lublin - Miskolc 47:43.

All those results you can find on my website :)

Next matches - this Sunday.

* - the result was 48:45 but people from Ostrow team sneaked to referee that Schlein removed bikes to early from pit's area, so his points are annulled. Very stinky affair, they're writing a lot in polish speedway media about this.

Vicar

Thanks very much for all that info.

I hope your team does well this weekend.

Lindgren and Dobrucki saved Bydg winning 5-1 in the last race :D I'd buy those guys a crate of beer if I could :D

You can buy it for me instead, you know. And just for the record, it would be bacardi not beer ;)

And what a difference it made!

Grudziadz won the second meeting between the two, with a 47-42 score which would have been enough had the 48-45 score from the 1st leg stand. Instead, with Schlein's six points removed from the 1st leg, Grudziadz are relegated to Liga 2 after a total score of 86-90 (39-48, 47-42) with Ostrow getting another chance to stay in Liga 1 when they face the loser of the Liga 2 final (in which Lodz and Miszkolc meet).

The meeting was tied on aggregate before the final heat but Kamil Brzozowski fell, and Edward Kennett couldn't prevent the Ostrow duo of Chris Harris and Robert Miskowiak from scoring a maximum in heat 15.

Cruel for Grudziadz and their fans, so cruel... :sad:

Lindgren and Dobrucki saved Bydg winning 5-1 in the last race :D I'd buy those guys a crate of beer if I could :D

Plz do, I will pass it on to them :)

And what a difference it made!

Grudziadz won the second meeting between the two, with a 47-42 score which would have been enough had the 48-45 score from the 1st leg stand. Instead, with Schlein's six points removed from the 1st leg, Grudziadz are relegated to Liga 2 after a total score of 86-90 (39-48, 47-42) with Ostrow getting another chance to stay in Liga 1 when they face the loser of the Liga 2 final (in which Lodz and Miszkolc meet).

The meeting was tied on aggregate before the final heat but Kamil Brzozowski fell, and Edward Kennett couldn't prevent the Ostrow duo of Chris Harris and Robert Miskowiak from scoring a maximum in heat 15.

Cruel for Grudziadz and their fans, so cruel... :sad:

Yes, you're right. I really hate Ostrow club for that. Grudziadz is writing some papers to head comission, but I don't think if it would work...but it should.... I can write more details if you want.