British Speedway Forum
rabbit

The 2009 National League Riders' Championship

Am hoping to get to Rye House this Saturday (Cousin permitting :approve: )

I'm sure Len Silver will be very appreciative of the early warning Shazzy! :wink::P

NORBOLD!!!!!!! Where are you??? He'll tell you if it's right or not :wink:

Am hoping to get to Rye House this Saturday (Cousin permitting :approve: )

Trust me I'm right. I was there.

Wasn't that the very first New National League riders championship in 1975?

I think Crayford's Laurie Etheridge beat Brian Collins in a run off

I'm sure Len Silver will be very appreciative of the early warning Shazzy! :wink::P

It's not Len that has to worry Bryn :lol::P

Trust me I'm right. I was there.

Then why ask a question if you know the answer :rolleyes:

Thought you'd given up on the NL..??!!! :rolleyes:

That's your problem ..... you think too much ;)

Does anyone know the admission prices for tonight? There appears no info about it on the Rye House website.

I reckon they'll charge as for a PL meetings which is £14 for adults (over 16), £12 seniors and £4 for kids 16 and under ..... It doesn't say on the Rye House site, but I'd be amazed if kids under 5 are charged ..... I should think those prices will apply on Saturday too ..... Programmes are usually a couple of quid and parking is free, but the car park will fill early I should think, best get there early.

Cheers for this which is correct as confirmed by ringing the stadium.

i'm at a loose end tonite for a change ..... might guide my trusty motor over to rye as well .... now .... gotta remember how to fill a programme in !

I hope Nick Simmons gets that little bit of luck they will all need and win it.

No doubt about it, jerran Hart is in with a great chance...but...and here I go again..... it would about sum it up if a rider who has been at reserve virtually all season, wins the NL rider championship,,,,, ( sorry, I couldnt help it)....

What a result for Craig in his 1st season. Well done Craig, hope you are a Comet next season.

This meeting couldn't have been closer, and luck played its part. Congratulations to the winner, but hard luck for Kyle Hughes who shed a chain in the run off for first place. In the run off for 3rd place Jerran was the unlucky one. Hard luck Jerran!....So many falls suggests the track not up to standard?

Well done to Craig and commiserations to Kyle.

Amazingly, it is the 5th time that Buxton have provided the winner of this competition in its 15-year history.

Chris Van Stratten and any savvy British Promoter,, get Cookie signed, spens as much money on him as you would a foreign rider and you wont regret it. I've followed speedway for thirty years and this guy is one hell of a prospect, get behind him he wont let you down

Well done to Craig Cook and bad luck to the unfortunate Kyle Hughes who came to a halt on the final bend of the run off with Cookie right up his exhaust pipe.

Jay Herne and Jerran Hart also rode well.