5 = Greg Walasek 3 1 1

5 = Fredrik Lindgren 2 1 2

5 = Greg Hancock 2 2 1

3 = Kenneth Bjerre 0 0 3

3 = Andreas Jonsson 1 1 1

2 = Chris Harris 1 1 F

1 = Sebastian Ulamek 1 0 0

1 = Hans Andersen 1 0 0

Both links i've tried already and again both aren't working... they just don't load up... or have any sign of doing so....

watching dk4 & listening to coalhouse in eng, both ok

Watching on Coalhouse 7........................my pictures are ahead of the one on him indoors PC by about 5 seconds but his PC is faster than mine...

RP

Can't believe for the second GP in a row wasn't being transmitted in Widescreen either! Like being the Dark ages watching something not in widescreen.

QUOTE (Rob B @ Sep 12 2009, 09:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can't believe for the second GP in a row wasn't being transmitted in Widescreen either! Like being the Dark ages watching something not in widescreen.

Putting it on the red button and no widescreen just shows what sky think now of the GP's, its getting to be a bore fest with the fastest bike winning, we see the same in F1, just wind the throttle on and go. Find some small tracks that demand some throttle control and calls for some kind of rider abilaty

Why does everybody, but it seems those in power, know that the tracks are buggered up for GP's

Sick to death of watching follow the leader

for once you can't blaim Sky for this, virgin media have the red button facility for BBC events so why not Sky sports which is as we know a premium pay service. Virgin need to get their act together in particular the lack of decent HD channels.

Kev.

for once you can't blaim Sky for this, virgin media have the red button facility for BBC events so why not Sky sports which is as we know a premium pay service. Virgin need to get their act together in particular the lack of decent HD channels.

Kev.

I think you'll find that's a question of capacity. There are only so many signals that you can send through a cable system wheras the satellite system is limited only by the number of satellites that are put into orbit, and there are quite a few used by Sky!

BBC interactive services are always likely to be a far higher priorioty than Sky which despite its hype and continuing growth is still a service watched by very few people compared to the main channels. We're talking hundreds of thousands against several millions.

I think people should be worried about the last two GPs being relegated to the 'red button' service because it certainly doesn't show Sky having a commitment to the sport at the moment. Perhaps the BSPA's renegotiation of the speedway rights is about to backfire in a major way?

Either way that tedious meeting tonight got the coverage it deserved. When the inside gates are so totally dominant and there's virtually no scope for passing it really was a waste of TV space.

Remember when Channel 4 showed GP highlights - then moved them to four in the morning?

I hope it's not the beginning of the end but far too often when you cut away the GP hype there's not a great deal left.

Rob McCaffery.

rmc - good point but i think you will find that the virgin fibre optic cable network has a far greater capacity and bandwith than a few sats in geo stationary orbit - like I said virgin need to get things sorted.

Kev.

According to reports us Virgin customers, who don't have the red button facility , were the fortunate ones tonight . :lol:

rmc - good point but i think you will find that the virgin fibre optic cable network has a far greater capacity and bandwith than a few sats in geo stationary orbit - like I said virgin need to get things sorted.

Kev.

There were more than a few satellites in geostationary orbit last time I looked and the Sky system uses a fair number. It's come on a bit since 16 channel satellites. (Mind you even that was 'luxury' compared with the Intelsat 'bird' that I used to appear on). Bear in mind the Virgin fibre optic service carries considerable broadband internet and telephony streams before you even look at the bandwidth allocation for TV.

A "switched star" fibre optic cable network has considerable bandwidth and interactivity but far from unlimited.

Either way the Sky interactive service is very obscure compared to the BBC's and being relegated to it really shows how speedway could be falling in Sky's priorities. Why has this problem only just occurred I wonder?

Rob McCaffery.

There were more than a few satellites in geostationary orbit last time I looked and the Sky system uses a fair number. It's come on a bit since 16 channel satellites. (Mind you even that was 'luxury' compared with the Intelsat 'bird' that I used to appear on). Bear in mind the Virgin fibre optic service carries considerable broadband internet and telephony streams before you even look at the bandwidth allocation for TV.

A "switched star" fibre optic cable network has considerable bandwidth and interactivity but far from unlimited.

Either way the Sky interactive service is very obscure compared to the BBC's and being relegated to it really shows how speedway could be falling in Sky's priorities. Why has this problem only just occurred I wonder?

Rob McCaffery.

Perhaps the viewing figures for the GPs have fallen?