British Speedway Forum

The new Berwick promotion are anxious to encourage training and development of new young talent, and are prepared to stage a Scotland v The Rest Of The World junior level match at Shielfield Park on Saturday, October 3rd – if they can raise sufficient sponsorship.

Admission prices will be lowered appropriately, but there will still be considerable expenses to be paid out (riders’ points money, meeting fees, programme printing, stadium rental, etc) and John Anderson and Lynda Waite are hopeful of being able to defray some costs of the ambitious project through the medium of backing from the speedway-going public.

A heat will cost only £80, with each sponsor getting two free tickets.

To some folk reading this post, this might not be too much to ask – to others, it might be reachable if a family or group of supporters were organised to chip in and raise the total!

There are many of us who read or post on here, and are very, very quick to criticise – instead of putting their money where their mouths are, just this once.

Just three weeks to what could be a memorable date for the younger riders – who can help two brave new promoters put on this meeting, looking to the future of our sport?

Just £80 – if you are up for it, please contact Dick Barrie on dick@forth2.com or 07887-660203. OR Lawrence Heppell (that's me...) on loz@heppell27.freeserve.co.uk - and this email is working again thanks to Orange. 07974-327335

No time-wasters, please!

Edited by glycerol

It isn't so much sponsors required as riders! Will Scotland be using guests?

However I will be in touch.

Any idea on line up at all Lawrence ??

As soon as I can I'll let you know.... cheers

With Tamas Sike on top form in last nights meeting, and Greg going great in the second half, looks like a great night in prospect.

With Tamas Sike on top form in last nights meeting, and Greg going great in the second half, looks like a great night in prospect.

Think Jake Mudgway will be there to as long as other meetings allow,he has been at Shielfield a bit recently for a practice.

After all the confusion at last it is confirmed this event takes place as originally programmes October 3rd Shielfield Park 7.00pm whilst Bandits are away at Workington in the Shield. sponsors still welcome folks and a line up coming soon,

Don't ya love end of season fixture arrangements?

Lawrence

am a sponsor for this one so will be at berwick jus hope the lads can hear me cheer them on at workington, can I throw my voice that far ???? :lol::lol::lol:

Edited by bordertart

Special Offers Galore At Shielfield This Saturday When Scotland Meet The Rest Of The World in Junior Action

Saturday is the night to save, save, save with the kids take to the track ...read on for full details.

1. The admission is slashed to £8 for adults, £5 for concessions and £3 for kids...... big savings.

2. 20% off all items in the track shop end of season grand sale.

3. All drinks £1 only in the bar on the home straight next to the hospitality suite.

4. All paying kids to receive a free autograph book.

The best value meeting of speedway at Berwick for years.... a night not to miss with a full junior select Scotland vs Rest of the World event.

Thanks to all sponsors for this event including Rebecca Parnaby who contacted us via this very forum, THANKS we look forward to welcoming you to Berwick at the weekend.

Lawrence

I'll be there, and i think i'm staying over again so hopefully i can indulge in the cheap drink offer :lol:

I'll be there, and i think i'm staying over again so hopefully i can indulge in the cheap drink offer :lol:

God Bless your liver mate, another weekend on the beer. :shock:

God Bless your liver mate, another weekend on the beer. :shock:

It'll only be one or two mate, nice not be driving home to Falkirk afterwards, i'm sure my girlfriend will be keeping an eye on me after sundays exploits :lol:

anybody have the lineups for this yet? was hoping the likes of maybe todd kurtz and taylor poole would be lining up

Line ups and all...... taken from www.berwickspeedway.co.uk

THE YOUNG ONES TAKE CENTRE STAGE ON SATURDAY

With their senior team racing at Workington on Saturday, the innovative new promotion at Berwick have taken the opportunity to offer speedway aficionados a look into their future.

“Already this season we have introduced locally-based lads like Greg Blair, Tommy Sike and John McPhail to our league team” explained a Bandits’ spokesperson.

“Speedway is such an expensive business to run it makes sense to train up our club’s younger assets, instead of rushing off to hire in expensive ready-made foreigners every time a new rider is required.

“All summer long, we have encouraged youngsters to race in our after-match competitions – now Saturday is an ideal opportunity to showcase the best on them in team action, plus a competitive second-half, the winner of which will be lifting the George Beaton Trophy.”

George Beaton raced as a Bandit in the early seventies, tragically losing his life in a road accident in 1972. Coincidentally, his nephew Gary Beaton will be captain of the Scottish squad on Saturday night. The youngsters will line up as follows:

SCOTLAND: Gary Beaton, James Courtney, Greg Blair, John McPhail, James McBain, Cal McDade, Kieran Morris & Stephen Morris (Team manager will be Scott Lamb)

REST of the WORLD: Jade Mudgeway, Johnny Grey, Kyle Howarth, Scott Richardson, Jordan Tyrer, Daniel Mitchell, Adam Wrathall & Peter Johnston (Manager: Ken Marshall)

As has already been announced, admission prices have been dramatically reduced for this event, with patrons also gaining the benefit of a 33% reduction in stadium admission prices, another 20% cut on speedway merchandise – and every child under 16 who passes through the turnstiles will be gifted a free autograph book!

“We are anxious to encourage as many speedway fans as we can to this match” explained co-owner Lynda Waite. “The boys on show are probably taking part in the biggest night of their speedway careers so far – it is important we provide them with an audience to match!”

Lynda’s colleague John Anderson is every bit as enthusiastic about Saturday’s show.

“We are prepared to invest money in putting on a match like this for our ever-supportive public on a night the Bandits are racing away from home” he emphasised.

“I hope the fans do turn out to see these boys, because – who knows? – they might well be watching two or three of the riders who will be in black-and-gold as fully-fledged Bandits before too long!”

Anderson was also anxious to remind his public of the Bordernapolis event, to be staged at Shielfield Park on Saturday, October 24th.

“In addition to the names already announced – names which include Chris ‘Bomber’ Harris, who is Britain’s #1 speedway star and our only Grand Prix winner this century – I can disclose we will be seeing former UK Under-21 Champion David Howe, another guy who has tasted GP action, plus a former Berwick favourite who has not raced in Britain since 2007, the great Jacek ‘Jak The Lad’ Rempala!

“Jak has been so keen to ride in the Bordernapolis, he must have phoned me half-a-dozen times from Poland, asking if he could be included in the field! Naturally, I said yes!”

Next Home Action:

Shielfield Park, Tweedmouth, Berwick upon Tweed

SCOTLAND (JUNIOR TEAM) vs. REST OF THE WORLD (JUNIOR TEAM) followed by

the “Stars of Tomorrow” Championship for the George Beaton Memorial Trophy Saturday October 3rd 7.00pm (Parade 6.50pm)