British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
davidba

Grindsted V Brovst

Next up for me is the flight to Billund Denmark on Monday morning and the short journey then to see this fixture on Monday evening.

Have just seen the prospective line up's on their website but listed to ride are Leon Madsen(Poole, riding that night), Ulrich Ostergaard(Belle Vue, riding that night and injured?) Linus Sundstrom(Rye House-Injured?) and Hening Bager(Is he still riding in Uk lost track with his changes in clubs?). So something not quite right especially with Madsen's listing? :unsure:

Just back from lovely blue skies in Billund to a grim washout here in London, still it could have been the otherway round so i dont mind!

Well Grindsted face relegation now unless Holstebro cant keep their superliga place for financial reasons, which is a pity, but they lost the lead about half way through, once Jedrezak got going, Kylmakorpi didnt have one of his better meetings, shame Jonsson couldn't make it due to his engine problems. No one really stood out just that Madsen, Pytel+ Jedi slightly outpointed Bager, Sundstrom and Kylmo.

Not a big fan of the five man team format, feel a bit short changed with the amount of riders on view(Anyone know why they use that format?)

However some decent racing in lovely weather with a nice beer, cant be faulted.

Big thanks to the announcer whose name i didn't catch for giving me a lift back to Grindsted after the meeting or i would have been stuck walking miles back to my airport hotel, and best of luck to Grindsted for next year. :approve::approve:

Just back from lovely blue skies in Billund to a grim washout here in London, still it could have been the otherway round so i dont mind!

Well Grindsted face relegation now unless Holstebro cant keep their superliga place for financial reasons, which is a pity, but they lost the lead about half way through, once Jedrezak got going, Kylmakorpi didnt have one of his better meetings, shame Jonsson couldn't make it due to his engine problems. No one really stood out just that Madsen, Pytel+ Jedi slightly outpointed Bager, Sundstrom and Kylmo.

Not a big fan of the five man team format, feel a bit short changed with the amount of riders on view(Anyone know why they use that format?)

However some decent racing in lovely weather with a nice beer, cant be faulted.

Big thanks to the announcer whose name i didn't catch for giving me a lift back to Grindsted after the meeting or i would have been stuck walking miles back to my airport hotel, and best of luck to Grindsted for next year. :approve::approve:

I went to Grindsted prior to Vojens this year and have to say I was very impressed with the place. Don't know what the black stuff is that they use for the track but it certainly did its job soaking up loads of rain. One thing though the five man teams was poor. Too much of the same riders and a heat two crash saw a cople of riders being ruled out which meant four man teams and races with only three riders which is never good. That would have been a very long walk

I went to Grindsted prior to Vojens this year and have to say I was very impressed with the place. Don't know what the black stuff is that they use for the track but it certainly did its job soaking up loads of rain. One thing though the five man teams was poor. Too much of the same riders and a heat two crash saw a cople of riders being ruled out which meant four man teams and races with only three riders which is never good. That would have been a very long walk

Yeah five man teams does mean too much repetition, i'd rather see 7 man teams even if they use 2 more juniors each. At least i didn't see any riders ruled out, no accidents at all in fact. Will go back as a nice place and very easy trip, but probably for an individual event unless they change the format.

Yeah five man teams does mean too much repetition, i'd rather see 7 man teams even if they use 2 more juniors each. At least i didn't see any riders ruled out, no accidents at all in fact. Will go back as a nice place and very easy trip, but probably for an individual event unless they change the format.

You are right about the 5 man teams.Of course it depends on the make-up,but i prefered the 6 man teams they used to use.At least then you could have Nicki and Puk in the team against Kenneth and Jesper B for instance.Now if you get Nicki against Ulamek you can tell the outcome of all their encounters.Teams without 'A' category riders probably produce better quality meetings,but then there are no stars for the crowd.But with little variation you will generally get one or two riders that are much better than the rival they meet so often in the meeting........Saying that,i have seen some good meetings this year.And i am already looking forward to seeing Mikkel Michelsen,Mikkel B.Jensen next year,alongside LiGlad and Lasse Bjerre..... :approve: