British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
whiterose

Gp Challenge

Sir Jasper sorry I didn,t reply to your question been up at Brandon all day getting track ready for Monday .

Yes I am back until the end of the season for Speedway and Stock Cars really enjoying my second stint at Brandon after being a trucker for the last 6 years .

Big night for all bees fans Monday come on guys and girls mums dads and kiddies have faith Swindon are not invincible OK you ,ve not had a lot to cheer about this season but the riders need you more than ever now it isn,t a lost cause until the Fat Tractor Man sings.

cheers Mick

Edited by FTM

This forum never ceases to amaze me if you lot were to get behind a brit for a change in stead of slagging them off it may just lift there spirits a bit !, im guessing many of you havn't even riden one of those things & risked your life doing so, its so easy to stand on the terracing or get on here & voice your comments you should all be ashamed of yourselves. My point being every other country gets behind there riders we dont & until we do we will never succeed & that goes for everything in this country. We are turning into a country of wingers I hate to say. As for the results Holder was expected but fair play to Magnus & why shouldnt he be in there hes now there on merrit !, as for wild cards they should go to riders who deserve it !.

There ive had my say & will not respond to bitchers etc have a good day !. :wink:

Oh boy - I love that old chestnut. I've been waiting for it to arrive.... I can say what I want, when I want on this forum - within reason and the rules, of course. 'Tis my opinion and I have a right to it - just as it's you're right to be insistent that I can't criticise anyone on a bike because I haven't actually sat on one and ridden it in anger.

Foreign riders ride these same 'dangerous' bikes, and at the moment our lot cant keep up with them.

Ive wasted enough of my time supporting Nicholls cheers. Harris and Richardson have both had their chance as well.

I always get behind the British riders, but are they somehow immune to constructive criticism.

The fact of the matter is NO British rider deserves a place. Why should one get a place simply because they are British? if the 16 best riders in the world were from Afghanistan then those 16 should be in the GP. Too much politics.

I agree with most of this. We live in a fabulous country where we can choose who to support. And we have the freedom of speech. I chose therefore not to support a British rider. And equally, Stouffer can choose toblindly support a British rider. just because he's British. Isn't it wonderful?

This was a truly awful meeting, livened up only by some spectacular crashes.

Embarrassing winner.

Holder superb.

Lindgren looked tired.

Harris left his talent in the back of the van...until it was all too late of course.

Massive crowd must largely have left disappointed.

But thanks to the mate who shared the evening with me, I still had a good time :)

This was a truly awful meeting, livened up only by some spectacular crashes.

Embarrassing winner.

Holder superb.

Lindgren looked tired.

Harris left his talent in the back of the van...until it was all too late of course.

Massive crowd must largely have left disappointed.

But thanks to the mate who shared the evening with me, I still had a good time :)

Why was the winner embarrassing????????????? Can't see how if he won it on merit................

RP

Embarrassing winner.

Holder superb.

So, the one guy who got 14 points out of a possible 15 in a quality field was embarrassing, but the other guy who got 14 out of 15 was superb. As far as I can remember it has never been Zorro's home track, and certainly hasn't been Holder's so no advantage to either. I'm confused... :blink:

So, the one guy who got 14 points out of a possible 15 in a quality field was embarrassing, but the other guy who got 14 out of 15 was superb. As far as I can remember it has never been Zorro's home track, and certainly hasn't been Holder's so no advantage to either. I'm confused... :blink:

Look at the way the match went last night and how ridiculously lucky Zorro was...

Then look at how ridiculously lucky he was to even be there in the first place...

Then look at how poor his league form is compared to Holder....

I'm guessing that's where the op was probably coming from....

Until Holder gets hurt riding on these slick rutted up tracks or his form drops off in Britian with 15 Gp's planned for 2010, along with Polish and Swedish fixtures

No increase in the number of GPs next year, according to Ole Olsen (SS interview) .

Looking to go farther afield perhaps in 2011.

According to the FIM President the GPs must expand into other countries.GP future

It says this apparently:

FIM president Vito Ippolito is content with the developments in the Speedway Grand Prix. “In countries, in which the Speedway Grand Prix gastiert, it is very successful”, means FIM president Vito Ippolito. “Global seen we are locally content also with the ratings in the television as well as with the number of fans. Now must be invested into the expansion of the series to make around it a world-wide event.” In addition, the 57-jährige Venezolaner sees problems in the course haven: “Contrary to nearly all other engine haven disciplines there is no support in the Bahnsoprt by the manufacturers. We talk however about a really attractive and spectacular kind of sport. Important it is therefore that we find methods and ways, to merge sponsors into the sport who have to do less with the motorcycles, but directly addresses the public.”

holder will bring plenty to the gp as zorro will bring nothing. nice guy but to old and not good enough.

It says this apparently:

FIM president Vito Ippolito is content with the developments in the Speedway Grand Prix. “In countries, in which the Speedway Grand Prix gastiert, it is very successful”, means FIM president Vito Ippolito. “Global seen we are locally content also with the ratings in the television as well as with the number of fans. Now must be invested into the expansion of the series to make around it a world-wide event.” In addition, the 57-jährige Venezolaner sees problems in the course haven: “Contrary to nearly all other engine haven disciplines there is no support in the Bahnsoprt by the manufacturers. We talk however about a really attractive and spectacular kind of sport. Important it is therefore that we find methods and ways, to merge sponsors into the sport who have to do less with the motorcycles, but directly addresses the public.”

rose tinted glasses and no idea spring to mind.

holder will bring plenty to the gp as zorro will bring nothing. nice guy but to old and not good enough.

Good enough to win this event.Who knows in the GP's ? He's earned his crack.Suppose you want Hancock out the GP's due to his age as well ? He's there on merit , end of.

Good enough to win this event.Who knows in the GP's ? He's earned his crack.Suppose you want Hancock out the GP's due to his age as well ? He's there on merit , end of.

SO you reckon that riders like Zorro, PK, Max... are just as good as Greg just because they are "the same" age as Greg who is still good?

SO you reckon that riders like Zorro, PK, Max... are just as good as Greg just because they are "the same" age as Greg who is still good?

Indeed, Greg is there in his declining years, - ie reduced to a world No.2/ No.4, whereas anyone starting into this (SGP) level at 38 is unlikely to improve up to SGP level.