British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Torun Get Gp From 2010

Sportwefakty.pl are reporting that Torun are to host a GP on June 19th 2010 and have a contract for 5 years.It doesn`t say in the article if this is in addition to Leszno and Bydgoszcz,which i suspect it is.

Sportwefakty.pl are reporting that Torun are to host a GP on June 19th 2010 and have a contract for 5 years.It doesn`t say in the article if this is in addition to Leszno and Bydgoszcz,which i suspect it is.

as much as I want a Torun GP and we all knew this was likely to happen I really cannot see how it is fair to have 3 GP's in Poland!!!

Not quite sure how I'm gonna explain this one away to the Mrs.

"Just popping to the village, my dear"

Rico :rolleyes:

BSI/IMG might hold a competition to think of a name for this GP. Bydgoszcz is the Polish and Leszno is the European and Torun ???

Well Perhaps the Pommeranian GP? or The Baltic GP? (although Poland normally dont count as a part of the Baltic a reference can be used the Poland as a country By the Baltic Sea)

In MotoGP Spain have three GPs; Spanish Gp, Valencia GP and Catalan GP.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torun

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuyavian-Pomeranian_Voivodeship

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pomerania

Edited by Ghostwalker

as much as I want a Torun GP and we all knew this was likely to happen I really cannot see how it is fair to have 3 GP's in Poland!!!

:rolleyes:

Completely fair, they should have four IMO.

well if we dont get tickets for the play off looks like next years trip is sorted :rolleyes:

BSI/IMG might hold a competition to think of a name for this GP. Bydgoszcz is the Polish and Leszno is the European and Torun ???

Polish GP 1

Polish GP 2

Polish GP 3

lol

Maybe we can have an extra one the english Gp at peterborough maybe???????????

its doubtful that will happen until Cardiff becomes an instant sell out

I think there is a case for a second gp in the UK Cardiff gets the biggest crowd of the year, The UK is a big market for speedway , certainly be better than going to Italy....

First of all what great place to have a gp top track and staduim ....trouble is thou there are NOW two may gp's and now two many in Poland .

At the end of the day first and for most it is a world championship event and thou i don't mind people mking money i fear that it's gone to far to the money side having 3 or 4 gp's in Poland is just to much of an a advantage to the home riders .

First of all what great place to have a gp top track and staduim ....trouble is thou there are NOW two may gp's and now two many in Poland .

At the end of the day first and for most it is a world championship event and thou i don't mind people mking money i fear that it's gone to far to the money side having 3 or 4 gp's in Poland is just to much of an a advantage to the home riders .

Why don't we just move all the events to Poland and rename the series to the Polish championships, then they can keep their biased referees and oversized engines to themselves.

I'm also not to happy to have 3 GPs in Poland but it's just business for BSI people ... If any of British/Swedish/Danish GPs was sold out more than week before the meeting? And this year Bydgoszcz GP yes! (last years it was sold out at the meeting's days) The Leszno stadium was full too (especially last year). Small Toruń's stadium will be full also for sure!

BTW - we'll have:

- Polish GP in Bydgoszcz

- European GP in Leszno

- Teutonic (father Rydzyk) GP in Toruń

net year :P