British Speedway Forum
Guest Ashie Smashy

Gollob - 2010 Race Suspension?

So smacking a riders front wheel causing him to lose control is fair? Pedersen was out of order in the first rerun of the race. He should have been excluded then but as usual Pedersen rode the man not the track.

he did not. It was Gollob who smashed into Nicki on Both occasions.

1st start Gollob went in towards Nicki, smahes into Nicki and then tried to lean all over him but failed and Nicki took him wide.

2nd Start Gollob had the 2nd place but went too wide and a gap occurred on the inside Nicki moved into and

when Tomek tried to close the door Nicki was already to far infront of Gollob who ran into Nicki backwheel.

1st start Gollob went in towards Nicki, smahes into Nicki and then tried to lean all over him but failed and Nicki took him wide.

2nd Start Gollob had the 2nd place but went too wide and a gap occurred on the inside Nicki moved into and

when Tomek tried to close the door Nicki was already to far infront of Gollob who ran into Nicki backwheel.

Not sure about your first statement, I saw it as TG tried to peg NP down, but NP got a bit to much drive which straightened him up thus taking TG wide, personally I think the ref should of excluded NP for that as NP was clearly the reason which caused the stoppage, however the ref ruled all 4 back.

Totally agree with you 2nd statement.

Cast you minds back a couple of seasons or so, Gollob did to Nicki, exactly what Nicki did to Gollob, on this very track....but as Nicki was on the receiving end....no one really cared! :rolleyes:

Not sure about your first statement, I saw it as TG tried to peg NP down, but NP got a bit to much drive which straightened him up thus taking TG wide, personally I think the ref should of excluded NP for that as NP was clearly the reason which caused the stoppage, however the ref ruled all 4 back.

Totally agree with you 2nd statement.

Nicki was on the inside line when Gollob smashed into him then Nicki replied by taking Gollob wide.

If Gollob had kept his line without going in towards Nicki the incident would not have happened

there fore Gollob is the cause of the stoppage as he was the one who initiated the situation in the first place.

Totally agree, not forgetting of course that Pedersen also had to avoid Holta.

Gollob's action was unforgivable and he should receive a ban, in my opinion.

However, what I do find interesting about this thread and the many others like it, is that there are 101 different opinions about who was to blame for a racing incident. It was Pedersen's fault; no it wasn't it was Gollob's fault; no it wasn't it was a racing incident; no it wasn't the track was to blame; the first incident was Pedersen's fault but the second was Gollob's fault; the first incident was Gollob's fault but the second was Pedersen's fault etc. etc.

And then you get the people who always blame the referee for making the wrong decision. Well, if we can't agree amongst ourselves what the right decision is after much reflection and reviewing, just imagine how hard it is for the referee having to make a quick decision on the night.

of course, because it's Gollob, because he's 2nd and because the reaction of Polish fans & teams would be hard for the FIM to bear, he'll get away with a slap on the wrist and a small fine.
As he has throughout his career, the Team Gollob have been involved in some unsavoury incidents over the years [especially in their time at BigJosh] but the PZM have never done anything. So i guess he expects things to go his way in Poland, for all his ability on a bike, TG just doesn't have the mental toughness to win when things are not in his favour.

.......NP got a bit to much drive which straightened him up thus taking TG wide......
As NP always does due to poor technique, remember him wiping Jagus out when NP "picked up drive"

I'm not a Nicki fan but I was pleased he won last night. He has had a nightmare GP season, not all his own doing, and it was good to see him back to winning ways. The series would be poorer without him.

Gollob deserves to get a huge fine and a ban for what he did last night. To put his fellow competitors safety in danger in that way was disgraceful, just because he didn't like a bit of hard riding. Pedersen has had worse this season, but hasn't done anything as irresponsible as that. A great rider he may be, but being sporting goes with that label, and he showed none of it last night. My new villain for 2010.

Track was rubbish from the off. One line, blue groove nonsense, we expect so much more from that place.

Wildcard pick for Harris? Do me a favour. Why waste a pick on a rider who clearly isn't worthy.

Crump the champion. Well deserved.

Any suspension should be for Tony Steele.

So Gollob was totally innocent and well within his right to put riders in unnecessary danger?

Maybe its time you found a new sport. That is a disgraceful attitude. Gollob the big ugly Pole should be banned from the next GP series and made to hand back all prize money made from last nights GP. He is a utter disgrace to the sport.

Gollob's action was unforgivable and he should receive a ban, in my opinion.

However, what I do find interesting about this thread and the many others like it, is that there are 101 different opinions about who was to blame for a racing incident. It was Pedersen's fault; no it wasn't it was Gollob's fault; no it wasn't it was a racing incident; no it wasn't the track was to blame; the first incident was Pedersen's fault but the second was Gollob's fault; the first incident was Gollob's fault but the second was Pedersen's fault etc. etc.

And then you get the people who always blame the referee for making the wrong decision. Well, if we can't agree amongst ourselves what the right decision is after much reflection and reviewing, just imagine how hard it is for the referee having to make a quick decision on the night.

Not having seen the incident in question I can't comment, other than to say that unless you want total anarchy all riders (and fans) must abide by the ref's decision, even when they screw it up. In cricket, football and rugby, for example, players are fined or banned for any display of petulance or dissent. In speedway you might argue riders have got away with too much for too long. Gollob must know that parking his bike on the track was an unacceptable action and that a ban will result. Ultimately, the cause was frustration - the fact that he knows in his heart of hearts he will never be world champion.

So Gollob was totally innocent and well within his right to put riders in unnecessary danger?

Maybe its time you found a new sport. That is a disgraceful attitude. Gollob the big ugly Pole should be banned from the next GP series and made to hand back all prize money made from last nights GP. He is a utter disgrace to the sport.

Admittedly Snyper, his actions last night were unsavory to say the least, regarding parking his bike on the track which was a stupid and dangerous thing to do, I agree. But have a heart me old mate. You want to take all of his prize money away and ban him from the series altogether :blink: Now if you were the race director looking back over the 11 rounds this year, you would also need to ban Emil & Scotty for the "rumble in the jungle in Cardiff" and various other riders for taking opponents out :lol: There would be nobody left to watch mate :lol:

Have a heart, we want to see them all strutting their stuff in next years GP Series & we can wax lyrical on the controversial events yet still to come :wink: