British Speedway Forum
Guest Ashie Smashy

Gollob - 2010 Race Suspension?

speedway meeting are dangerous, we need certain obstacles in order to run the meeting ie, start Marshall checkered flags ect, what we dont need is a Professional rider acting like a spoilt school child and leaving their Bike in any place other than off the track.

Tomas was a silly boy and I'm sure he now feels a right idiot however the authorities do need to take action so as to show riders that this sort of behavior will not be tolerated.

I suggest a heavy fine and a suspended 2 meeting ban

speedway meeting are dangerous, we need certain obstacles in order to run the meeting ie, start Marshall checkered flags ect, what we dont need is a Professional rider acting like a spoilt school child and leaving their Bike in any place other than off the track.

Tomas was a silly boy and I'm sure he now feels a right idiot however the authorities do need to take action so as to show riders that this sort of behavior will not be tolerated.

I suggest a heavy fine and a suspended 2 meeting ban

Not just any meetings though GP rounds.

I'm in no way condoning what Gollob did, because it was disrespectful to his fellow riders.

For me, I would make him apologise to all his fellow competitors (especially those in the race).

I'd guess that he probably already did, on the night, as he certainly sounded a lot mellower by the time it came to his rostrum interview.

The position you have described, is the preferred position the FIM officials want a rider to stop his bike, if not under power.

Surely this would be "off" the track completely? I admit, i'm not up to date on the rulebook, but what Gollob did caused the stoppage of the race. if he wanted to protest, he could quite easily have pulled off the track completely, then spoken to the referee to lodge a formal protest. He did what he did deliberately, and with forethought.

No matter what happened in that heat, Gollob's actions introduced a possible danger to other riders by leaving his bike on the dirt. That cannot, and should not, be allowed. No matter what Pedersen did, it did not leave the bike unridable, Gollob continued around the bend before ditching it, he had half a lap on that motorcycle which was more than enough to place it where every other rider does when they drop out of a heat. On the centre field. Gollob deliberately put his bike in a position where he knew it would interfere with the heat and cause a re-run. Whether he hoped to be in the re-run, or just wanted to punish Pedersen who was in 2nd, it was a example of bad sportsmanship which deserves some measure of punishment. Whether this is in the form of a fine, a suspension, a GP ban (Personally, I think a monetary penalty and a suspended GP ban for one year)is probably the best way to go.

Pedersen's actions should have absolutely no bearing on this. What Gollob did was unsporting, dangerous and clearly breached the rules of the GP speedway event.

Im sure a fine wont hurt Gollobs pockets I imagine that his backers would pay the fine, also cant see him been banned either even tho personally I think he should.

Maybe its time you found a new sport. That is a disgraceful attitude. Gollob the big ugly Pole should be banned from the next GP series and made to hand back all prize money made from last nights GP. He is a utter disgrace to the sport.

And you are an utter disgrace to the country you come from. Change your drugs.

dont stop at that one maybe also quote the post AFTER that one

Gollob was a bit daft true as Nicki did nothing that was not being done by riders desperate for a top 8 spot and was a complete innocent that time but it wasn emotional meeting for him so understandable.

hell Nicki P is no angel either and has put himself about this year usually with him falling on his ass and blaming the other guy.

To Ban Gollob would be insane even for a single race.

There is little enough entertainment in this sport with poor track preperation, loonie tune rules and refs as stupid as Steele was on saturday.

They have a chance to put four entertainers in for 2010 and prepare tracks worthy of racers so banning the most entertaining rider they have would be an act of utter stupidity.

It's not he first time I have seen a bike deliberately left on a track and no one demanded bans then.

Sure it's stupid. Sure it's petulant. But it's a high octane adrenalin fueled sport so daft things happen. Nobody died. Nobody got hurt thankfully. The race got stopped eventually and life went on.

A GP series without Gollob is an inevitability but to go looking for that shows speedway fans are even dafter than Gollob was on saturday.

Gollob was a bit daft true as Nicki did nothing that was not being done by riders desperate for a top 8 spot and was a complete innocent that time but it wasn emotional meeting for him so understandable.

hell Nicki P is no angel either and has put himself about this year usually with him falling on his ass and blaming the other guy.

To Ban Gollob would be insane even for a single race.

There is little enough entertainment in this sport with poor track preperation, loonie tune rules and refs as stupid as Steele was on saturday.

They have a chance to put four entertainers in for 2010 and prepare tracks worthy of racers so banning the most entertaining rider they have would be an act of utter stupidity.

It's not he first time I have seen a bike deliberately left on a track and no one demanded bans then.

Sure it's stupid. Sure it's petulant. But it's a high octane adrenalin fueled sport so daft things happen. Nobody died. Nobody got hurt thankfully. The race got stopped eventually and life went on.

A GP series without Gollob is an inevitability but to go looking for that shows speedway fans are even dafter than Gollob was on saturday.

so how should he be punished then?

surely you aren't suggesting that this should slide by without any action at all? validate something like this and it gives the green light for all riders to do this, and of course for one of them to push the boundaries even more......

although as has been documented, they were probably out to get Michael Lee at the time, he suffered a major ban for riding the wrong way around the track...... sounds bad but the reality was that he was doing this on the white line and away from the racing line.... compare the width of a bike to the length... which is how tomasz parked his bike, and you have some understanding of how serious it 'could' be for Tomasz

politically I guess the best way for all concerned is a fine ... of which no doubt his sponsors would pick up...... point made and punishment received

Not saying what the punishment should be.....but going by pandorum's post should we only punish riders who don't entertain?Hancock is ok to punish,Nicki not.Lindgren,kick him out.Bjerre doesn't talk to anyone.Ban him for a start :blink::lol:

Edited by iris123

so how should he be punished then?

surely you aren't suggesting that this should slide by without any action at all? validate something like this and it gives the green light for all riders to do this, and of course for one of them to push the boundaries even more......

although as has been documented, they were probably out to get Michael Lee at the time, he suffered a major ban for riding the wrong way around the track...... sounds bad but the reality was that he was doing this on the white line and away from the racing line.... compare the width of a bike to the length... which is how tomasz parked his bike, and you have some understanding of how serious it 'could' be for Tomasz

politically I guess the best way for all concerned is a fine ... of which no doubt his sponsors would pick up...... point made and punishment received

Why does he have to be banned is all I am saying as that is stupid beyond belief and anyone who thinks robbing the paying public of a talent like Gollob is bonkers. Not the worst excess on a track I have seen and the fuss being made is a bit OTT. Yeah it was utterly stupid so take some of his sponsors money and tell him off.

Scottish born and bred...

For what it's worth I can see why Gollob was annoyed but he shouldn't have left his bike on the track. However I don't think it's neccessary to ban him - a fine and a good telling off and the misery of seeing Pedersen win his home GP will no doubt suffice as punishment!

Edited by superguest

Scottish born and bred...

For what it's worth I can see why Gollob was annoyed but he shouldn't have left his bike on the track. However I don't think it's neccessary to ban him - a fine and a good telling off and the misery of seeing Pedersen win his home GP will no doubt suffice as punishment!

And proud :approve:

What would everyone be saying if a rider had hit the bike and was now lay in hospital? Should Gollob then have been banned? What does a rider have to do to be banned? or should they never be banned as that would be robbing the paying public?

I would feel more robbed to have to sit and watch the cheat on track.

EDIT i dont think cheat is the right word. But as its late/early and i have just done a long journey i cant be bothered thinking too hard.

Edited by Snyper1010

Danish press describes that Gollob and his manager made excuses to Nicki at the press conference after last saturday.

Take a look on the 2007 Bydgoszcz final. Nicki and Gollob has a thing with that 4th turn :lol:

See you

Peter