British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
WembleyLion

Wildcards 2010

If Ward was going to be in would be ahead of Tai. Hans has forgot more about speedway than Tai will ever know. No way is Tai a better racer than Hans.

If Ward was going to be in would be ahead of Tai. Hans has forgot more about speedway than Tai will ever know. No way is Tai a better racer than Hans.

But he has the potential to be . I would agree Lindgren should get one , Zagar has been in the form of his life this year and also deserves one , the old chesnut about needing a British rider means Woffinden will almost certainly get one . And if Darcy Ward steps up to top flight racing full-time , as under 21 champion , he should also get one .

Andersen will be unlucky to miss out , but he came back strongly the last time he was overlooked and can do so again .

I would like to see Snyper1010 given a wildcard to next season's SGP, as I'd love to see him competing against his hate figure, Tomasz Gollob, next year.

Would make for entertaining viewing :lol:

The whole 'system' is utterly flawed. When riders as good as Hans and Freddie fail to make the top eight there's an assumption that they should be in... But that devalues the concept of only the top eight remaining in...: it effectively means 9th. & 10th. each year have a close to automatic right to be in the next year... :neutral:

Surely the solution is either (1) return to the previous system of qualifiers and those out side the top eight meeting in a Qualification meeting; or (2) start the new year with qualification meetings so that those who only know they've missed out in the last GP know they have a qualification route to the next series..

The current way things work is just about the WORST organised 'system' in world sport...: making literally NO sense...

Id be shocked if it wasnt

Hans, Freddy, Zagar and Tai.

But the first 3 are guaranteed IMO, but the last place will be a tough one. Might add another Rusky in Laguta, or another pole.

Id be shocked if it wasnt

Hans, Freddy, Zagar and Tai.

But the first 3 are guaranteed IMO, but the last place will be a tough one. Might add another Rusky in Laguta, or another pole.

I dont think we will see anymore Poles in the next Series tbh. Dont think we need to, Walasek seemed to be improving well over this Series and showed a few times that he can beat the best.

Can somebody explain to me why there has to be a British competitor in the SGP and why it appears most people believe Tai Woffinden should be that person?

I don't take much notice of Elite League averages these days but, if there has to be a British rider next season, should it not be the one who has the highest average this season?

Can somebody explain to me why there has to be a British competitor in the SGP and why it appears most people believe Tai Woffinden should be that person?

I don't take much notice of Elite League averages these days but, if there has to be a British rider next season, should it not be the one who has the highest average this season?

There are a few other threads in this section where the reasons for and against have been debated to death .

TOP EIGHT

Jason Crump

Tomasz Gollob

Emil Sayfutdinov

Greg Hancock

Andreas Jonsson

Nicki Pedersen

Rune Holta

Kenneth Bjerre

QUALIFIERS

Magnus Zetterstrom

Jarek Hampel

Chris Holder

WILD CARDS

Fredrik Lindgren

Hans Andersen

Tai Woffinden

Matej Zagar

Antonio Lindback may be considered as could a second Brit in Lee Richardson or even Chris Harris but I think Tai Woffinden and Matej Zagar will get the two remaining places for 2010.

Great minds think alike :wink: That would be my preferred choice as well

The whole 'system' is utterly flawed. When riders as good as Hans and Freddie fail to make the top eight there's an assumption that they should be in... But that devalues the concept of only the top eight remaining in...: it effectively means 9th. & 10th. each year have a close to automatic right to be in the next year... :neutral:

Unless they are Rune Holta. It has been widely mentioned that Rune would have struggled to get a pick if he had finished outside of the top 8. Which is why for the past 3 years he has ridden his socks off to qualify by right. Whereas, as you say, Lindgren and Andersen must be fairly confident of getting a spot, so the motivation just isn't quite the same.

I can't really argue with Freddie and Hans getting back in for next year as I feel they are amongst the top 15 in the world, but it would be laughable if Harris, who finished 14th, got yet another nomination.

I agree with Lindgren and Zagar but as for who the other two should go to I am not sure...............I think that Woffinden is too young and too hot headed to be able to cope with the GP series and much as I like Andersen I think a year out would do him good......................

Ok so for the other two then what about Lee Richardson (although I think that at the moment there are no British riders who are truly worthy of a place but I would rather see Lee in than no Brit at all) and Antonio Lindback.......................

RP

Ok so for the other two then what about Lee Richardson (although I think that at the moment there are no British riders who are truly worthy of a place but I would rather see Lee in than no Brit at all) and Antonio Lindback.......................

Settle for Richardson and we're certain to have a Brit finishing 14th. or 15th. again next year... :cry:

usual suspects... same trolling... same racism..... duplicate thread......... same result

top 8 + 3 qualifiers + 9th and 10th + 1 brit

which only leaves IMG with the question of a 2nd Brit or Zagar

and it really is no more complicated than that

Until the SGP make only the top 4 qualify from the current series & the other 11 have to qualify we will get these threads for evermore

Edited by sancho

Defo Freddie Lindgren because he has made a couple of rostrums this season, Hans will get one on his reputation plus he was fighting it out until the last GP for a top 8 slot!!

Matej Zagar would be my next choice due to his good season and then on to the Brit debate for the final slot. Scott Nicholls will never get back in next season and Harris should also not, if he had put up more of an effort on Saturday and learnt to gate then maybe give him another chance!! It then moves on to for me either Tai or Richardson and in my opinion if we are going to go with the future then Tai should be in the series and with Holder and Emil will make the season one of the most exciting for a few seasons. Sure Tai will struggle in a few rounds and at other rounds he will make semi finals but that only sounds like Zorro to me!!

Come on Tai!!