British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
WembleyLion

Wildcards 2010

With the top eight now known and Freddie surely being a nailed on certainty and Hans probably being an almost nailed on certainity who will get the two remaining slots?

With the top eight now known and Freddie surely being a nailed on certainty and Hans probably being an almost nailed on certainity who will get the two remaining slots?

I'm not that sure that Lindgren will get one, i think Lindbäck might be a contender for "that" WC.

The remaining two well Laguta and Richardson maybe?

There is still question if Holta is wishing to ride in the next season. But i think he is going to be there....And I am afraid that there would be two spots for GB again, so:

-Lindgren

-Richardsson

-Woffinden

-Zagar/G.Laguta

I don't believe Andersen deserves a spot.

I dont see any Brits as good enough to justify a place in next years GP's, hopefully 2011 young Tai will of qualified and be there by right.

Holta's comments after the GP must cast some doubt over his participation in 2010. If he decides to give it up, then as far as I understand Freddie gets in by finishing 4th at Coventry. Then that would still leave 4 nominations, Hans would certainly get one and I reckon Lindback did enough in his 2 wildcard appearances to be given another shot. Lindback's links to TR will not harm his chances either.

At least one of the other nominations will go to a Brit and it isn't easy to make a convincing case for any of them. Harris and Nicholls finished as the bottom 2 this year and have shown little in the 11 GP's to convince that it wouldn't be the same next year. Harris has never qualified for the GP's by right and though he is the reigning British Champ it would seem very unfair if he got a pick ahead of Ulamek and Walaszek who finished ahead of him in 2009. Richardson would be a step backward imo and Kennett has never shown enough at international level to suggest he could cope at the top level (at the moment). That leaves Tai who got knocked out of the qualification process at Lonigo, got a second bite at Motala and only gleaned 5 points. However, he has improved as the season has progressed and performed with promise in the SWC and showed his ability in the Under-21 Final. With the success of Emil in GP 2009 I reckon the organisers will give Tai his chance.

That leaves one spot, which depends on whether they want 2 Brits or not. Personally I hope they don't give the Brits 2 spots (for the reasons outlined above) in which case I would like to see Zagar back in.

So if Holta rides I would go for Lindgren, Andersen, Woffinden and Lindback - if Rune gives it away then add Zagar.

TOP EIGHT

Jason Crump

Tomasz Gollob

Emil Sayfutdinov

Greg Hancock

Andreas Jonsson

Nicki Pedersen

Rune Holta

Kenneth Bjerre

QUALIFIERS

Magnus Zetterstrom

Jarek Hampel

Chris Holder

WILD CARDS

Fredrik Lindgren

Hans Andersen

Tai Woffinden

Matej Zagar

Antonio Lindback may be considered as could a second Brit in Lee Richardson or even Chris Harris but I think Tai Woffinden and Matej Zagar will get the two remaining places for 2010.

There is still question if Holta is wishing to ride in the next season. But i think he is going to be there....And I am afraid that there would be two spots for GB again, so:

-Lindgren

-Richardsson

-Woffinden

-Zagar/G.Laguta

I don't believe Andersen deserves a spot.

Woffinden and Richardson doeserve places but HANS ANDERSEN doesnt. You English really are blinded by nationality (not all may i add)

Woffinden and Richardson doeserve places but HANS ANDERSEN doesnt. You English really are blinded by nationality (not all may i add)

:lol:

I don't think Bartolus comes from any country within the British Isles :blink:

I am not english:D. I took the unwritten rule about two british into account. That makes two spots less. Next spot for Lingren who was pretty unlucky this year (4th in challenge and 9th in general qualification). And the last wild card for Zagar (who did better in Polish league than Andersen and great in British league) or for Laguta (who did great in SWC and better than Andersen in Swedish league.) On the other side Andersen was not very convincing this year.

Oh and this nominations are my predictions. This doesn't mean I personally would give them WCs.

Edited by Bartolus

I am not english:D. I took the unwritten rule about two british into account. That makes two spots less. Next spot for Lingren who was pretty unlucky this year (4th in challenge and 9th in general qualification). And the last wild card for Zagar (who did better in Polish league than Andersen and great in British league) or for Laguta (who did great in SWC and better than Andersen in Swedish league.) On the other side Andersen was not very convincing this year.

Oh and this nominations are my predictions. This doesn't mean I personally would give them WCs.

Apologies for the English comment.

Hans can be called a veteran of the GPs and one bad series doesnt mean he isnt worthy of being there.

Edited by Snyper1010

What may have an effect on the wildcards is whether the picks will ride in GB.

Cardiff is filled with British fans, but with possibly only three riders in the GP's Crump, Bjerre and Holder riding in British speedway, it could reduce the attendance.

So once again we will be watching substandard riders to appease the British supporters. :neutral:

What may have an effect on the wildcards is whether the picks will ride in GB.

Cardiff is filled with British fans, but with possibly only three riders in the GP's Crump, Bjerre and Holder riding in British speedway, it could reduce the attendance.

So once again we will be watching substandard riders to appease the British supporters. :neutral:

More utter nonesense. I go to the GPs firstly for the oocassion and secondly to see Hans Andersen. Not everyone at cardiff is there to see an English rider. Simple look at the different flags that are flying that will put paid to your fairy tale idea.

I don't understand why people are so against having some new blood in the series for 2010. Lets face it, next years champion will be either Crump, Pedersen or Sajfudinov, with possibly Hancock and Gollob giving them a run for their money. You see, there lies the current problem. There are only 5 or 6 riders who have what it takes to win, so the other 9 or 10 are bit part players in the series, so just for a change, lets see if we can find the next contender for the title sooner rather than later. I'm bored with pretty much the same old faces year in, year out. Apart from one freak weekend, when has Harris ever justified his inclusion? There are 20 or 30 riders out there who can out perform at least half the field of this year. Too many under achievers this season who don't really warrant a place next year, yet we are so quick to want them back in, only to keep on moaning that the whole gp series is dull. Lets have one radical year where we try something different.

More utter nonesense. I go to the GPs firstly for the oocassion and secondly to see Hans Andersen. Not everyone at cardiff is there to see an English rider. Simple look at the different flags that are flying that will put paid to your fairy tale idea.

Read the post

So if Holta rides I would go for Lindgren, Andersen, Woffinden and Lindback - if Rune gives it away then add Zagar.

I would say those four are spot on... I assume from his comments after winning the U-21s, Darcy's not up for it.. :unsure: IF he is, though, I'd select him ahead of Andersen... - though I am a big fan of Hans...