British Speedway Forum
beercellar

Prague May 22nd Its Official This Time

No chips on shoulders my "friend" :mad: just sick and fed up of dudes like yirsel coming on and spoting crap-a crap ref is a crap ref regardless of their origin.I wonder if an English ref (god forbid) has shall we say assisted a fellow countryman in a similar situation....gasp surely not??!!!You should pull yir heid out yir erse my good man or you will disappear up it :wink: Peace to all. p.s total turd of a meeting on a concrete motorway ring road-abysmal.pps whats Tomek supposed to say to the ref-you were wrong?These bams who are calling him a cheat should do exactly what AJ (kool dude B) said in his interview(twice!) cheers peeps

Welcome back Snyper :rolleyes:

Good to see Zetterstrom in the final, the qualification process does work. :approve:

Shame the free entry choices are still so poor

rac·ism (rā′siz′əm) - from www.yourdictionary.com

noun

belief in or doctrine asserting racial differences in character, intelligence, etc. and the superiority of one race over another or others: racist doctrine also, typically, seeks to maintain the supposed purity of a race or the races

any program or practice of racial discrimination, segregation, etc., specif., such a program or practice that upholds the political or economic domination of one race over another or others

feelings or actions of hatred and bigotry toward a person or persons because of their race

You really ought to consider your anti English rants then. You really do like making yourself look foolish dont you.

Since when has stating the facts become racism, utter rubbish.

There are it seems a few folk that require the services of a rather good optician.

Maybe they could recommend them to Wojciech Grodzky too.

For god's sake even Chris Louis had trouble defending the decision.

Edited by colincooke

Boring meeting gollob should have been excluded his back wheel did catch aj s leg for the ref to say there was no contact makes me wonder what replay he watched once again poor referee at agp meeting making the sport a joke to all the people who thought gollob should nt have been excluded would you feel the same if it was niki p doing the same move

The problems arise over exclusions, because the rules allow different enterpretations for different individuals, a major problem if you are a referee, presiding over a GP. Those who were commentating and in the studio, were unanamous in their opinions that AJ was hard done by, yet, there are still those who believe they know better, using the same old cliches to back up their rantings. Yes, Gollob was in front at the point of collision, but he got there at a rediculous speed to enter a corner, and was turning left at the same time as the leader of the race, who was yards in front of him. We all know of Gollobs ruthless streak, and it was evident this was a fine example of it, and he only got away with it because we had a Polish referee, who hadn't got the bollox to do the right thing, and the final outcome was a winner who didn't deserve it.

I don't know why we have a rule, that states a rider has to be excluded, especially when, as was last night, it is possible that this was just a racing incident, and no rider was at fault. The combination of crap referees and rules that allow them to make outrageous decisions, will ruin the series. At least do what they do in boxing, and have 3 adjudicators over such decisions, so we don't get this blatent favouritism.

Edited by srbramble

Alright experts, that's what Krzysztof Cegielski (a former GP rider, currently a Polish tv speedway commentator) said about the Gollob/AJ situation:

"As I have already said many times, the regulations should be changed and there should be a rule that a ref does not have to exclude anyone if it's really hard to decide whose fault it is in a given incident. This was a typical racing incident, Gollob didn't change his racing line, he passed AJ in the inside but on the other side, AJ had to move his leg. Whoever was excluded in this situation, they could complain about this, there was simply no 100% right decision in this case, someone would get hurt anyway."

:rolleyes:

The problems arise over exclusions, because the rules allow different enterpretations for different individuals, a major problem if you are a referee, presiding over a GP. Those who were commentating and in the studio, were unanamous in their opinions that AJ was hard done by, yet, there are still those who believe they know better, using the same old cliches to back up their rantings. Yes, Gollob was in front at the point of collision, but he got there at a rediculous speed to enter a corner, and was turning left at the same time as the leader of the race, who was yards in front of him. We all know of Gollobs ruthless streak, and it was evident this was a fine example of it, and he only got away with it because we had a Polish referee, who hadn't got the bollox to do the right thing, and the final outcome was a winner who didn't deserve it.

Spot on Mr Bramble...It takes a Rye House fan to get to the point.

It amazes me that the usual suspects on here seem to think they know better than ex riders who have years of top class speedway experience behind them.

Spot on Mr Bramble...It takes a Rye House fan to get to the point.

It amazes me that the usual suspects on here seem to think they know better than ex riders who have years of top class speedway experience behind them.

It amzes me that people think ex riders always get it right.From what i have heard most times if there are 3 ex riders commentating you get at least 2 opinions :blink:B)

"As I have already said many times, the regulations should be changed and there should be a rule that a ref does not have to exclude anyone if it's really hard to decide whose fault it is in a given incident. This was a typical racing incident, Gollob didn't change his racing line, he passed AJ in the inside but on the other side, AJ had to move his leg. Whoever was excluded in this situation, they could complain about this, there was simply no 100% right decision in this case, someone would get hurt anyway."

So refs in FIM meetings are not allowed to put all four back presumably, I definitely think all refs (and have done so for an age) should be able to put all 4 back if they cannot make a definite decision as to who was at fault, there are so many instances where this would apply, it's only fair after all, refs MUST BE FAIR!

He didn't need to put his foot down going into the the turn then?

Gollob had passed AJ. That was pretty obvious. As I have said before, a rider then has two choices..

1: Do what AJ did and try to hold his position even though it is lost.

2: Yield the position and enter the bend slightly wider.

AJ chose option 1. He caused the stoppage and rightly excluded.

Welcome back Snyper :rolleyes:

Thank you for the welcome Mr Silvers,but i am not the 'legend' that is Snyper though i am from the same neck of the woods.Fed up with attitudes like Mr Cooke and Mr Plop :mad: -as i've said the origin of the referee is irrelevant and all this turd about "bloody Poles" is an insult to decent peoples intelligence.English(yes and Scottish :wink: )refs have done exactly the same thing-FACT.Never makes it alright,but theres an underlying whiff of bigotry coming through on some postings-and they can do the same thing that AJ told the ref to last night!

Thank you for the welcome Mr Silvers,but i am not the 'legend' that is Snyper though i am from the same neck of the woods.Fed up with attitudes like Mr Cooke and Mr Plop icon_evil.gif -as i've said the origin of the referee is irrelevant and all this turd about "bloody Poles" is an insult to decent peoples intelligence.English(yes and Scottish icon_smile_wink.gif )refs have done exactly the same thing-FACT.Never makes it alright,but theres an underlying whiff of bigotry coming through on some postings-and they can do the same thing that AJ told the ref to last night!

Rubbish, if i had even the slightest inkling that AJ was the rider that should've been excluded i would say so & anybody that knows me as a person knows that.

It was nepotism at it's worst, FACT. Do i think Mr Steele or a German/ Hungarian referee would have made the same decision, frankly no.

Gollob took AJ's foot away, FACT.

Gollob went into the bend out of control, FACT.

All the TV pundits agreed, even Louis eventually. FACT.

Aside from all this may i pass on my best wishes to Emil Sayfutdinov. Seems to have been forgotten about that little detail eh!

Thank you for this worthwhile debate.

ATB

CC

Edited by colincooke

Rubbish, if i had even the slightest inkling that AJ was the rider that should've been excluded i would say so & anybody that knows me as a person knows that.

It was nepotism at it's worst, FACT. Do i think Mr Steele or a German/ Hungarian referee would have made the same decision, frankly no.

ATB

CC

For all your FACTS, Colin, you only need to look at the contributions above to see the decision was not as clear cut as you seem to think. There have been plenty of people posting on here who are not Poles who think the referee was right. So maybe Mr Steele or a German/Hungarian referee would have made the same decision after all. You might disagree with the decision - in fact I do - but you can't just say the decision was made BECAUSE the referee was Polish. It's a controversial decision and one that could have gone either way, let's leave it at that shall we?

Aside from all this may i pass on my best wishes to Emil Sayfutdinov. Seems to have been forgotten about that little detail eh!

ATB

CC

Well there's several things there you are stating as FACTS that weren't.

Gollob wasn't out of control, or else he would have ended up in the fence.

Gollob didn't even take Aj's foot away as AJ lifted his foot OVER Gollob's wheel. There wasn't even any contact.