British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
rainman

World Cup 2010

Race Off @ Vojens is 29 July, final is 31 July

tickets have been on sale for a few days now

Another boring gate and go final then. :mad:

Who cares, Team GB won't qualify for the final, and it's a Mickey Mouse competition with the stupid Joker.

So the final just rotates between Denmark & Poland now? This competiton becoming well and truely de valued. Why dont UK get another go? How about Sweden, havent staged it at all to my knowledge. Czech deserve a chance, Croatia I could go on...

Why dont UK get another go? How about Sweden, havent staged it at all to my knowledge. Czech deserve a chance, Croatia I could go on...

Probably because none of these countries are prepared to take the financial risk, whereas Denmark and Poland are.

Probably because none of these countries are prepared to take the financial risk, whereas Denmark and Poland are.

It isnt really a financial risk for Denmark and Poland as you can pretty much bet your house that they will be in the final therefore the fans will turn out to see it. Whereas in England where things aint so certain it could be called a risk.

i reckon a final at peterborough even without us would be a sell out. what ya think?

i reckon a final at peterborough even without us would be a sell out. what ya think?

It probably could, i mean have you seen the amount of Poles that go to Cardiff who are actually living and working in the UK. Then you would have the fans that travel and also the UK speedway fans that just want to see the worlds best nations going at it.

It is down to having a promoter willing to take the risk on and of course the availability of the track at the right time.Isn't there problems with the availability at the Showgrounds?Seem to remember them having no meetings for a while because the place was needed for other activities.And isn't there a bit of activity with the promoters there?I see a thread about Bratley leaving,so i don't know who is promoting there and if they fancy hosting such meetings.I imagine though that if there was a British or Swedish promoter at a suitable venue,then they would have been given the chance to host these meetings.I just know from the Ice Racing,that this is a current topic with the Russians.They complain that they have to take the financial brunt because the Swedes(in particular singled out)want to participate in the competitions,but don't want to hold any of the meetings

Who cares, Team GB won't qualify for the final, and it's a Mickey Mouse competition with the stupid Joker.

For the second year running GB has been given a home qualifier to enable them to get through for the race off... BECAUSE THEY SUCK! :blink::lol: The tactical and Joker rules are the playing rules of 2009+, speedway in GB is 1990-...

It's not really a secret that a few years back GB was moved to a different Event (1->2 or vice verca) because they were afraid that Finland would drop them from the race off... We wóuld have done it too! :approve:

Of course that was then...

tell you what FSP.... if the Kennett, Woffinden, King, & Bridger investment doesnt work then I am in no doubt that GB will be battling it out on a par with Russia, Germany and Finland ............. and rightly so ......... I shouldnt worry too much about political favouritism because there are only so many seasons they can do it for

Bruno

I am certain that Pboro would sell out .... very easily tbh ....... but the issues other than what has already been discussed are the facilities, ticket price, total possible attendance............. but more importantly the equation that I reckon has been made into a big poster and is on the IMG wall which goes something along the lines of

other large GB events = tickets not purchased at Cardiff

tell you what FSP.... if the Kennett, Woffinden, King, & Bridger investment doesnt work then I am in no doubt that GB will be battling it out on a par with Russia, Germany and Finland ............. and rightly so ......... I shouldnt worry too much about political favouritism because there are only so many seasons they can do it for

Bruno

I am certain that Pboro would sell out .... very easily tbh ....... but the issues other than what has already been discussed are the facilities, ticket price, total possible attendance............. but more importantly the equation that I reckon has been made into a big poster and is on the IMG wall which goes something along the lines of

It's been one week that we've talked about Woof and EK for the WC and I'm afraid thats it's gonna turn out real. I think it was great what Zorro did, nobody wanted him in it, Ghostwalker being the biggest antifan of them all (from Zorro's hometown and all...) but all the best for Zorro! :approve:He made it!! You could do the same.

UK make's a difference in world speedway still. Very strong domestic structure (still), loads of meetings and as the other leagues are caught up with their pay structure UK might survive. But the fact remains that you lot suck on track on the international scene. Finland does too, but you know we only had 29 licenced Finnish riders riding in the two Finnish leagues last year and about half of them are KC level, beaten by a half a lap by Katajisto. Sweden has 200+ licenses (all combined) and Denmark reportedly (Spar 2009) 800+. On the other hand, maybe it's like F1, we only have a few, but they are the best! :lol:

Aint that sort of crap, Cardiff was only a few hundred short from the year before even with P'borough SWC..? With the global situation were are in. I have first hand experience about it. :neutral: And more regarding about Cardiff, (still) there are only so many people badmouthing the GP on here, yet Cardiff still gets 40k+: full stop.