British Speedway Forum
Scunny Stag

Christmas Cracker Speedway Meeting - 27th December 3pm

as a Monarch big well done to Joszef Tabaka...8 points in his first meeting :approve:

He only beat 2 riders to be fair, and one of those hasn't ridden for 2 or so years.

Edited by MattyHart

He only beat 2 riders to be fair, and one of those hasn't ridden for 2 or so years.

Maybe so but give him some credit.

He didn't fall like some nor did his equipment let him down like some, so I say well done to Joszef Tabaka on a track he hadn't seen before :approve:

Maybe so but give him some credit.

He didn't fall like some nor did his equipment let him down like some, so I say well done to Joszef Tabaka on a track he hadn't seen before :approve:

Of course, credit is due, and well done to him. Just pointing out.

Well done to the riders, promotional team and track staff. Considering the conditions this was a fairly good meeting, and congratulations to Kevin Doolan.

Once again I was mightily impressed with Jerran Hart, and he'll surely be a force to be reckoned with in 2010.

After the negative comments I made about Luke Bowen last season, he once again proved me wrong, and was very worthy of a place in the Grand Final.

Like a couple of other folk have said, Jozsef Tabaka DID LOOK GOOD, and let no one down.

Nice to catch up with people like Stephanie Lambert, Phil Kirk and Kevin Moore, and amazingly, they didn't look a day older from the last time I saw them. Well.....Steph did, but that's strictly between you guys and I :wink::wink:

The best thing to come out of today is that if riders can put up such good performances in conditions like that in the middle of winter, then they'll be no reason to suffer any more rain-off's in the summer :lol:

Happy New Year to everyone, and well done once again to everyone at the Eddie Wright Raceway this afternoon.

Decent meeting, considering the weather and the conditions the riders did well. After Hall announced as withdrawn, we were only supporting Ashworth, was disappointed when he withdrew, although after a good first race he did seem to get slower. Doolan was superb and a deserved winner so congratulations to him. Hart was a bit of a suprise when you consider he was up against some good riders but he was excellent, was brilliant when he beat Doolan in particular and he fully deserved his place on the rostrum. Tabaka did look pretty good, whether he can hold his average next year remains to be seen but potentially Edinburgh have a decent rider there.

My first visit to Scunny - we'll be back. The place was a doddle to find, the facilities are enough, plenty of room to get a good view, everyone I saw associated with the running of the place seemed very, very friendly.. all that was missing was the decent weather because I was absolutely freezing but can hardly be helped. Will hopefully pop over a few times in the summer when it gets a bit warmer :approve:

Ridiculous end to the meeting. No way did Frampton touch the tapes in the semi. To let him go off of 15 meters when people had picked gates was also utterly bloody stupid.

I hate the fact you can go off of 15 meters in individuals. It completely messes up the format regarding gates. It might only be a bit of fun but I paid to see a meeting and things like that really bother me.

On top of that what the hell was going on in the final? Took way too long to get a fire extinguisher out to Barker, surely there should be one on the centre of the track?! What if it had been Barker on fire and not just his bike?!

What winds me up more about it is that proper speedway rules had already been ignored by letting them go off 15 so why not just let Barker ride in the final?

It was a rubbish meeting racing wise except for a stunning move by Hart on Doolan and a decent scrap for a couple of laps between Barker and Frampton. Not that anything else was expected considering the weather. Fair play to Scunny for putting it on, and, for that matter, the track staff for getting it on, but to say I was utterly gripped would be a lie.

Tabaka didn't impress me, frankly. Yes it was a very difficult track but looked like he had a very very awkward style and beat virtually no one for his points. I don't doubt he'll get better but it wasn't exactly inspiring.

Also cheers to Joel Parsons for falling off on the practise lap. Best laugh I had all day. Don't you just love riders doing exactly what you'd expect them to do? :)

How can some people post on here that did not go to the meeting. Updates do not tell the whole story. Racing was sometimes processional, not what we, normally, observe at the EWR but what do you expect at this time of the year. Doolan was the favourite, and did not disappoint, but it was a run out for most riders and, considering the cold, some engines gave up the ghost. Only 1 bike for most riders, as could have been very costly for some. Credit to all that turned up and gave it a go.

Shame the ref spoilt the end of of a half decent meeting considering the month and the conditions big plus for me was seeing Roynon riding again.

well i enjoyed it ... a chance to catch up with a few guys i hardly see ,,, a few decent races in difficult conditions ..tho we ride it all the time in the amateurs :wink: .... and i was the one who stole the fire extinguisher from the cafe to put the bike fire out :lol:

Well done and congratulations Jerran Hart on your 13 points in todays open meeting. Keep up the good work mate, look forward to seeing you back at Wimborne Rd during next season!

Lemo