British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Preview 2010 Polish League

So emil is OK if it bankrupts the club?

BTW how manypolish clubs will go under this winter?

I really cannot write any numbers here but I know how much Bydg could offer Emil and how much ZG offered him ... and I can only say Emil is a great guy.

Don't worry about bankrupting, at least not in the Bydgoszcz case. We are not getting Pedersen at well over 2 million zl, are we?

As its a squad system though, will the likes of Jedrzejewski & Buczkowski stay on as will need good back up in case anyone gets injured??

You are right but no ones likes being such a reserve rider waiting for team mates' injury throughout the whole season, everyone wants to ride as often as possible ... Buczkowski may stay in Bydg or come back Grudziadz (Division 1) where he comes from. If he stays in Bydg he's a got a guaranteed place in the line-up. I'd prefer him than Davidsson hundred times but we'll see what he decides ... If he stays - then maybe Davidsson could be such a backup rider. This would be the perfect combination, I think.

I see Wroclaw, Czestochowa, Rybnik and Pila have had their licences turned down but can appeal. Are they likley to get through second time round or will each league be losing teams?

I guess they'll be given their licences after all, can't really imagine Ekstraliga losing Wroclaw or Czestochowa.

Maybe also Nicki Pedersen and Jason Crump ;) Just KK and I will be in heaven!

Well, at the moment it looks like we'll hopefully get KK + someone else from the riders mentioned above :) But I don't wanna jinx it, just fingers crossed.

What's going on in Ostrow, where the club seem to have banned Harris, Nermark, Pawlaszczyk and Zabik from competing in all speedway leagues for up to two seasons?

As per Bjerre's official site/translated.

Dream scenario becomes reality for Kenneth Bjerre in 2010. The 25-year-old esbjergenser has just signed its largest contract to date clearly in his career in the form of a two-year contract with the club Wroclaw in Poland.

- It is wonderful and I am of course proud that the club chose to build their team around me. I paid for the number of points become routine in Wroclaw, so I must of course out to deliver the goods to earn the money, but there is really eye view of it, says Kenneth Bjerre.

The new season will start on Easter Monday, April 5th and finish on September 26th. Play-off matches for the gold and bronze medal will take place on the same day, unlike this year.

Fixtures should be set within next 2-3 weeks.

The new season will start on Easter Monday, April 5th and finish on September 26th. Play-off matches for the gold and bronze medal will take place on the same day, unlike this year.

Fixtures should be set within next 2-3 weeks.

Thanks for letting us know the info regarding the Polish fixtures for 2010,Mateusz.I hope to make my 1st trip to Poland next season for a league meeting,hopefully get to see Bydgoszcz in action too! :wink:

What's going on in Ostrow, where the club seem to have banned Harris, Nermark, Pawlaszczyk and Zabik from competing in all speedway leagues for up to two seasons?

not only those are banned.

Nermark, Daniel King, Patrick Pawlaszczyk & Nicolai Klindt are banned from Poland for one year

while Adrian Gomólski, Chris Harris och Karol Zabik are banned for two years.

these riders refused to ride in a meeting because they considered the track to be unsafe.

http://www.vt.se/sport/artikel.aspx?articleid=5160706

Edited by Ghostwalker

not only those are banned.

Nermark, Daniel King, Patrick Pawlaszczyk & Nicolai Klindt are banned from Poland for one year

while Adrian Gomólski, Chris Harris och Karol Zabik are banned for two years.

these riders refused to ride in a meeting because they considered the track to be unsafe.

http://www.vt.se/sport/artikel.aspx?articleid=5160706

How can they ban riders from riding?? That alone is stopping them from making a living, which is illegal in the EU. It wouldnt stand up in court if they tried stopping them from signing for other clubs.

Walasekin Bydgoszcz, to be offical on Tuesday. Rumour: Hancock in ZG in his place..50/50 chance.

Edited by tommy

Walasekin Bydgoszcz, to be offical on Tuesday. Rumour: Hancock in ZG in his place..50/50 chance.

...and Holta in Częstochowa.

The 2010 Ekstraliga fixtures draw will take place tomorrow at 1 pm :)

So here it is - 1st December :) Now the fun will start, since today there can be new signings. Will Ekstraliga look like that?

Zielona Góra

1. Dobrucki

2. Zengota

3. Protasiewicz

4. Lindgren

5. Hancock

6. Baniak/L.Lindgren/Loktaev

7. Dudek

Toruń

1. Jaguś

2. Andersen

3. Miedziński

4. Sullivan

5. Holder

6. Celmer

7. Ward

Częstochowa

1. Richardson ?

2. Drabik

3. Woffinden

4. Davidsson ?

5. Holta

6. Piekarski

7. Bridger

Bydgoszcz

1. Jonsson

2. Gizatullin

3. Lindbäck

4. Kościecha

5. Walasek

6. Woźniak

7. Sajfutdinow

Leszno

1. Adams

2. Shields

3. Kołodziej

4. Baliński

5. Hampel

6. Pawlicki

7. Pavlic

Gorzów

1. Gollob

2. Ruud

3. Zagar

4. Gapiński

5. N.Pedersen

6. Zmarzlik/Cyran

7. S.Gustafsson

Wrocław

1. Bjerre

2. Jeleniewski ?

3. Watt

4. Świderski ?

5. Crump

6. D.Andersson

7. Janowski

Tarnów

1. Kasprzak

2. Jędrzejak

3. B.Pedersen

4. Vaculik ?

5. Ułamek

6. Kiełbasa

7. Hougaard

That's the rumours. However there are many question marks about teams from Częstochowa, Wrocław and Tarnów. I think the rest is ok.

So first official signings :) Kołodziej in Leszno, Gjedde in Daugavpils, Nermark and Kylmäkorpi in Rybnik and Ferjan, Szczepaniak and Gomólski in Gniezno

So here it is - 1st December :) Now the fun will start, since today there can be new signings. Will Ekstraliga look like that?

Zielona Góra

1. Dobrucki

2. Zengota

3. Protasiewicz

4. Lindgren

5. Hancock

6. Baniak/L.Lindgren/Loktaev

7. Dudek

Toruń

1. Jaguś

2. Andersen

3. Miedziński

4. Sullivan

5. Holder

6. Celmer

7. Ward

Częstochowa

1. Richardson ?

2. Drabik

3. Woffinden

4. Davidsson ?

5. Holta

6. Piekarski

7. Bridger

Bydgoszcz

1. Jonsson

2. Gizatullin

3. Lindbäck

4. Kościecha

5. Walasek

6. Woźniak

7. Sajfutdinow

Leszno

1. Adams

2. Shields

3. Kołodziej

4. Baliński

5. Hampel

6. Pawlicki

7. Pavlic

Gorzów

1. Gollob

2. Ruud

3. Zagar

4. Gapiński

5. N.Pedersen

6. Zmarzlik/Cyran

7. S.Gustafsson

Wrocław

1. Bjerre

2. Jeleniewski ?

3. Watt

4. Świderski ?

5. Crump

6. D.Andersson

7. Janowski

Tarnów

1. Kasprzak

2. Jędrzejak

3. B.Pedersen

4. Vaculik ?

5. Ułamek

6. Kiełbasa

7. Hougaard

That's the rumours. However there are many question marks about teams from Częstochowa, Wrocław and Tarnów. I think the rest is ok.

Some strong teams there in Leszno & Gorzow but gotta say Torun must be red hot favourites if thats their team. I know they blew it in the final but the same team with Andersen for Kosciecha & with Ward having good experience in the EL over here

Gotta be their title to lose i'd say.

Kasprzak,Vaculik,Ułamek, Jędrzejak in Tarnów, Walasek,Kościecha, Gizatullin in Bydgoszcz.

Edited by Vicar

Hans Andersen, Jepsen Jensen in Toruń; Buczkowski, Chrzanowski, Watt in Grudziądz, Peter Karlsson probably in Częstochowa and Greg Hancock probably in Zielona Góra.