British Speedway Forum
gaztrotter

2010 Grand Prix wildcards

Chris, I thought Nicholls had a poor record (qualified 3 times, seeded 5 times) but it's nothing on Harris. Nothing against the bloke, but he shouldn't be in the series next year. This year he finished 14th out of 15. It seems ridiculous that riders of the quality of Lindback and Ward are not in the series, and yet Harris is.

But for some reason ''The mighty Bomber'' is considered to be superior? What a joke!!! :rolleyes:

Here's to hoping Chris get's back on the radio & has a dig at these characters too.

Hoping for too much, thought so!!!

Why? We are telling the truth as we see it. He just had a go at you because you are meant to be a fan of his and Coventry.

4 poor choices

Woffy not good enough yet and stll acting like a baby .....

Hans gone backwards in the last two years and looks on the slide

Freddie ...is clueless on the bigger tracks and looks like the new scott nicholls will never finish in the top eight and has to rely on the begging bowl every year .

Harris ....a complete joke

might as well add crump gollob nicki bjerre hancock emil etc etc :rolleyes:

what im trying to say is who deserves it more than lindgren and hans!! name names

I take it these are the non-wildcards announced on the official Speedway Grand Prix site under the title: '2010 SGP wildcards announced', in a story that goes on to say: 'The FIM Speedway Grand Prix commission and BSI Speedway, rights holders of the FIM Speedway World Championships, has today announced the full rider line up for the 2010 FIM Speedway Grand Prix series (SGP), including the four riders that have been awarded a permanent wild card place.' Those non-wildcards?

Edit: Actually, apologies Neil. Having jumped from page one to page four to post and now gone back, I can see you have dealt with the whole wildcard/permanent wildcard/seeded/nominated etc etc issue!

I think there are at least two threads here too (been merged by mods) just to make it more confusing!!

Woffinden and Lindbäck were both eliminated at the Motala Semi Final. Woffinden scored 5 points, Lindbäck scored 7, with all the statistics neither will do much at GP level.

But on nationality Woffinden choose a winner, if he would have stayed an Aussie he would need to wait till Crump retired. Now he can guarantee the same 4 years as Harris regardless of results.

Woffinden was actually eliminated in his qualifier, where he only finished as reserve. He then got into the Motala semi through injury, but again failed to progress.

I think his seeding for 2010 owes a lot to his improvement throughout the year as well as the impact Emil made in 2009 showing that youngsters could make an impact.

Not to mention that he made the wise decision to ride under the British flag.

EDIT: And Chris, there's no such thing as a permanent wildcard. He's either a seeded rider or a nominated rider. :wink:

All the best

Rob

But not according to todays press release

Parsloes, for once we are in complete agreement.

All the best

Rob

And to think I thought it was bizarre that I once agreed with Orion. Thats's nothing on these two agreeing. Still they are both wrong according to BSI today

Anyway enough of this Parsloes/Lucifer love in.

Jamie Robertson had no impact on the CL title in 2005......discuss !!!! That'll stuff it up :approve:

I've got no problem with Hans and Freddie being included in the 2010 series, both riders are definitely in the world's Top 15 even if they weren't in this year's Grand Prix Top 8. The selection of both Brits, however, does the credibility of our sport no good whatsoever. Bomber has struggled abysmally on the world stage in the last couple of seasons and must be grateful that Scott's woeful campaign stopped him from finishing rock bottom. He was soundly beaten by riders such as Messrs Ulamek and Walasek this year, both of whom must be cursing the nation of their birth this evening. :rolleyes:

If Bomber's selection is mystifying, the choice of Tai is almost beyond comprehension. Tai is a 7 point rider with 1 season of Elite League experience, a big ego and a PR machine to match. His stats on the continent are even worse and he has never yet ridden the tough heats at Number 1. Disgraceful doesn't do it justice.

If we "must" have a Brit then Richardson is the only candidate anywhere near the World's Top 15, above Harris and Woffinden in the Elite League averages, a street ahead on the continent and top scorer by a distance in last summer's SWC. Evenso it's more the likes of Zagar, Lindback and Protasiewicz that I feel sorry for, and yes, maybe even Ulamek and Walasek as well. What an absolute farce. :mad:

Edited by Seb the Snail

I've got no problem with Hans and Freddie being included in the 2010 series, both riders are definitely in the world's Top 15 even if they weren't in this year's Grand Prix Top 8. The selection of both Brits, however, does the credibility of our sport no good whatsoever. Bomber has struggled abysmally on the world stage in the last couple of seasons and must be grateful that Scott's woeful campaign stopped him from finishing rock bottom. He was soundly beaten by riders such as Messrs Ulamek and Walasek this year, both of whom must be cursing the nation of their birth this evening. :rolleyes:

If Bomber's selection is mystifying, the choice of Tai is almost beyond comprehension. Tai is a 7 point rider with 1 season of Elite League experience, a big ego and a PR machine to match. His stats on the continent are even worse and he has never yet ridden the tough heats at Number 1. Disgraceful doesn't do it justice.

If we "must" have a Brit then Richardson is the only candidate anywhere near the World's Top 15, above Harris and Woffinden in the Elite League averages, a street ahead on the continent and top scorer by a distance in last summer's SWC. Evenso it's more the likes of Zagar, Lindback and Protasiewicz that I feel sorry for, and yes, maybe even Ulamek and Walasek as well. What an absolute farce. :mad:

I wish you had made that post at the start of the thread Seb then we could have avoided all this discussion because you have managed to encapsulate everything that could realistically be said on the subject within the realms of common sense.I don't think anyone can sensibly add anything to that post apart from the wishful thinkers, and the crystal ball gazers. Very good post.

Here's to hoping Chris get's back on the radio & has a dig at these characters too.

Hoping for too much, thought so!!!

You realy need to take your yellow and black Glasses of CC, I have nothing but respect for C Harris and have often said I would love him to don the Aces race jacket, but surely Chris has had his fair share of GP chances. Britain at the present doesn't deserve a nominated rider, but maybe in a year or two young Tai will be mature enough to mix it with the big boys, as has been shown recently, that is his only downfall.

Good to see that the organisers are doing things the "British" way, we reward bank failures by giving the billions fo pounds, and then a few months later do it again, they give a rider who is a failure in the GPs' a wild card for the following season; terrific :unsure::unsure:

No doubt if Harris comes 12th next year they will say the choice is justified.

Woffy not good enough yet and stll acting like a baby .....

Blimey someone who thinks the same way as I do about Tai........................

The other three I am OK with but still think Tai is too immature and hot headed to deal with the pressure..............(cue srbramble comment)

RP

Once again I shake my head at the numpties who run Speedway at both a domestic and international level!

Lindgren and Andersen are fair enough picks

Woffy - Very debatable

Harris - An absolute joke!

Still haven't seen anything to justify why the suggested names deserve it more than Tai or particularly Bomber (based on the slating he's got). What is Zagar's and Lindback's current world ranking? How far did they get in the qualifying rounds compared to Bomber? Some are saying it's a joke that Bomber should get given a nomination but then he got further than these two (which are singled out as the two most named riders) in the qualifying rounds. And he's the national champion. So why should he be overlooked?

Still haven't seen anything to justify why the suggested names deserve it more than Tai or particularly Bomber (based on the slating he's got). What is Zagar's and Lindback's current world ranking? How far did they get in the qualifying rounds compared to Bomber? Some are saying it's a joke that Bomber should get given a nomination but then he got further than these two (which are singled out as the two most named riders) in the qualifying rounds. And he's the national champion. So why should he be overlooked?

I don't think it matters who got the picks there would have been criticism that someone deserved it more than someone else................

Harris got in I would imagine based on the fact he won the British Championship this year more than his GP performances and I think you know my feelings on Tai..................

RP (whose daughter is the same age as Tai but for more mature in her attitude.................)

Hans and Freddie pick themselves I think...quality riders with much to offer still on the GP stage. Tai is on the up, and will keep the interest (if not the adoration) of the British fans. Harris, I'm not sure about. I don't buy this Lee Richardson hype...he is not strong enough metally or physically for a GP season - never known an 'in his prime' male have so many illnesses as this bloke and it seems that apart from his core set of fans (strangely from one part of the country) most people aren't convinced about him either. The only credible alternative to a place was Zagar imo, but with Krsko apparently having bitten the dust, so it seems has his chance of a pick. So a 75% thumbs up for me...with a slight doubt over Bomber.