British Speedway Forum

Luckily old Lenny appreciates us now and the KL teams come to that, he always puts them on the parade truck after the meeting :) Which I personally think every promoter should do if a team gives a good account of themselves away ...............

In fact Len will put an opposing rider on the post match parade truck if his performance was of particular merit even where the opposition team have been heavily beat. Piscz springs to mind.

Just out of interest has anyone realised that March 14th is 'Mothers Day'.

Yeah not such good planning tbh, lots of grovelling going to have to go on to Mums and wives that day ;)

In fact Len will put an opposing rider on the post match parade truck if his performance was of particular merit even where the opposition team have been heavily beat. Piscz springs to mind

I'd do exactly the same, it's soooooooooo the right thing to do imo, Len is good at some things!! Just wish he'd do summat about his horrible track :)

Edited by Trees

Just out of interest has anyone realised that March 14th is 'Mothers Day'.

Surely the perfect Mothers' Day gift!!!

it's soooooooooo the right thing to do imo, Len is good at some things!! Just wish he'd do summat about his horrible track :)

Cover it with clay and put up a concrete wall round the outside?

Edited by Shadders

Cover it with clay and put up a concrete wall round the outside?

You do have a good memory :wink:

Surely the perfect Mothers' Day gift!!!

Certainly is ! :wink::approve: I really can't wait for this meeting ! :)

Freddie Lindgren has just been added. Should do well he was great at Chris Neaths testimonial. On a personal note he is one of my fave riders to so im happy

Is there an overflow car park? Whats the fulll capacity at this venue? The last time i went there it was packed and there wasnt that many people in there. Its gonna be a lot of waiting around with not much to do to make sure you get a seat.

"It is also hoped that extra parking facilities will be available adjacent to the stadium as negotiations are currently taking place to acquire the use of an extra 8 acres of land owned by a local business. Watch this space for further developments on that front."

(From Rye website)

"It is also hoped that extra parking facilities will be available adjacent to the stadium as negotiations are currently taking place to acquire the use of an extra 8 acres of land owned by a local business. Watch this space for further developments on that front."

(From Rye website)

I know the area as well as anybody,and I cannot think of any one business that owns that amount of area, however, the Pindar road industrial estate, which I would guess the furthest point is no more than 15 minutes walk from the stadium, has ample parking, and as most firms do not have gated premises, I can see this area being ideal for the visitors to park. Also, once the meeting is over, the area will clear quite easily, as it is all one way traffic, with easy access back to the A10.

Extra Parking for Ben Fund Meeting.

I think it will most probably be the old Turnford Surfacing site opposite Rye House Station. Only about 100m from entrance to stadium car park.

Extra Parking for Ben Fund Meeting.

I think it will most probably be the old Turnford Surfacing site opposite Rye House Station. Only about 100m from entrance to stadium car park.

There's no way that's 8 acres, plus, the roads around the stadium cannot possibly handle that amount of traffic. Big mistake trying to park so close, IMO.