British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Lioness

2004 Permanent Wildcards Announced

Hans has plenty of fans in this country, garf. And I'm sure he doesn't care that I don't like him. :P

Nor me, although I did like his great, great, great grandfather Hans Christian Andersen. :D

Steve...It is quite spooky how much you and I think alike. I feel the same about Richardson as well. Do you want to compare notes? :P

Amazing

I thought H.C.A. was celibate :shock:

Chuffed to see Loramski there. :D

Since the GPs started, he truly has been one the most successful and exciting riders in the series. I don't think he's capable of winning the series anymore, but a fully-fit Loram is capable of pinching a rostrum place or two.

garf in your opinion do u think hans is any better than charlie,bjerre or iversen?...cos i for one dont

better add that ive nothing against him personally..just beleive hes very lucky to be given another chance imo of course!

who cares...i don't even like the GP

Aye right Steve! :lol:

You'll be there every GP Saturday in front of the TV with your surround sound cranked up. How miserable it must be for you for those 10 or so Saturdays every year. ;)

Falcace if you check out the SWC reduced to 8 thread you'll see Steve was being facetious ;-)

Steve please can you stick to be sarcastic-I cant spell facetious! lol :lol:

thanks Lioness.... sarcastic is much better...the other word makes it sound like i'm taking a dump :oops:

That's just it mate, he don't ! :evil:

I have not got over Saturday(or one or a few other noteable occasions during the season usually involving Poole) either Steve, mind you we did get £275 for his gloves, hat and goggles on Sunday to add to the Carlos fund so he has his uses.

Nice talking to you on Saturday

Am I the only one who mourns the fact that riders are now "picked" to take part in the World Championship rather than them having to qualify? :roll:

If it means another meeting to watch to justify a GP placing then I'm with you Bryn ;) Any excuse for another meeting :approve:

Am I the only one who mourns the fact that riders are now "picked" to take part in the World Championship rather than them having to qualify? :roll:

No, there are still a whole two places available through next season's qualifying competition ;-)

Personally, I believe all the riders in the SGP should have to qualify on merit, but with so many being nominated anyway, the qualifying rounds were becoming a complete waste of time. They would have become even more irrelevant with the reduction of the SGP field to 18 riders in 2005, so it's probably better to do without the disruption they cause to domestic programmes. What worries me though, is that the likes of the European Championship will be expanded, and we'll be back to square one again.

To be honest, my interest in the whole world championship thing is waning. It's not really a sporting contest anymore, but a lottery to which you have to be invited.

I'm with you too Bryn.

The World Champion is supposed to be the best rider of any particular year. That can never be said if ALL riders are not give the chance to qualify.

My thoughts are that choosing GP riders is maybe the first step to a whole GP circus with riders solely competing in that competition, well I can live in hope :P

My thoughts are that choosing GP riders is maybe the first step to a whole GP circus with riders solely competing in that competition, well I can live in hope :P

I suspect you'll be living in hope for a long time, especially at the current levels of prize money ;-) I think we're more likely to see the series contract than expand in the next few years, as local promoters get fed-up of subsidising loss-making GPs.