British Speedway Forum
GregM

Leszno Gp - 24th April 2010

Got home from Poland this morning having done a day trip to Poland , having been to the other GP,s at Leszno i have to say was the best so far at the track and one of the best GP,s if seen for a long time on a track with dirt on it i,m really hopefull for this GP season after last nights meeting.

The after meeting talk about how tracks are prepared will not wash with english promoters. An individual meeting is set up to be equal for all riders. Team events are set up for the home teams.

As a lot of people voted for best track or best meeting, then come to Scunthorpe to see the best racing in English Speedway. A fair, wide track produces great racing with multiple race lines like Leszno. If you don't believe me read, the forums, get a copy of last years Sky meeting or get in touch with GRT Media, who cover our meetings.

Why do they have to say 'Tailed off at the back' for? Especially when the rider is only a few lengths behind the leader!

Because Pearson is too lazy to change from the small number of clichés that he uses ad nauseum.

Been out/away most of the weekend. Have now watched the GP. I haven't read the rest of the comments, but I was suprised at the quality of the racing. Haven't seen passing like that at a GP for bloomin' years. It's almost as if Tony Olsson let the Lezno track guys do their thing rather than making it as bald as the proverbial. Whatever next?

Can't wait to see what the preparation will be like for the first one-off track. It will beinteresting if Olsson can make it better than Olsen.....

Last nights result certainly proved one thing, which 'energy drink' is more successful! One brand had three riders on the podium whilst the other needs some 'wings' to get off the bottom rungs of the leaderboard i think! :lol::lol:

Good start to the season, plenty of overtaking and certainly better than any of last years GP's. Slightly spoilt by the massive imbalance in the gates - total points from 1 & 2 = 91, from 3 & 4 = 47. Only one win from 3 and just two from 4.

Only rider good enough to win from Gate Three?

Why, Crumpy, of course!!

Been out/away most of the weekend. Have now watched the GP. I haven't read the rest of the comments, but I was suprised at the quality of the racing. Haven't seen passing like that at a GP for bloomin' years. It's almost as if Tony Olsson let the Lezno track guys do their thing rather than making it as bald as the proverbial. Whatever next?

Can't wait to see what the preparation will be like for the first one-off track. It will beinteresting if Olsson can make it better than Olsen.....

As I understand things, Tony O is effectively letting the local track guys prepare the way the tracks the way that they think best. There is a fairly substantial list of requirements from the FIM for all tracks in terms of equipment neccessary to prepare the race track, and indeed maintain it. I believe that this is a different list than that held in previous years. I'm not sure whose responsibility the man made tracks are as there are no 'local' staff for these. I believe that speedsport A/S have the rights to build & prepare these tracks, with the FIM, but I could be wrong.

Last nights result certainly proved one thing, which 'energy drink' is more successful! One brand had three riders on the podium whilst the other needs some 'wings' to get off the bottom rungs of the leaderboard i think! :lol::lol:

If energy drinks start putting money into speedway bloody great. These guys can plug thier drinks all they want if some money comes the sports way. Maybe Rockstar will sponsor cardiff again. :lol:

Good to see a Gp with a decent track and some good racing hope that continues in the other rounds.

An excellent GP last night, spoiled however yet again by Sky Sports taking the 16:9 feed to squashing it to 4:3.

well here in oz, a perfect 16:9, in hd, looked awesome on the 50" :) no studio coverage, although we got the audio while viewing the interviewing of riders.

Like @BigFatDave and @Pompey - we were just bloody happy to see it LIVE in Aussie for the first time in years. You could say (dare I say it!) it was MUGNIFFISENT!

I could live with the non-sync for the racing for the fact we got it live, enjoyed the comments of the boys in the studio and we got the right result from an Aussie perspective! I don't know what incident they were watching during the final, even watching it back in replay, the ref got it 100% right.

Holder was sensational, he'll learn from his middle ride, I think the panic that appeared to set in had more to do with the duck egg than the primary bike issue. He certainly looked like he belongs there.

As for Tai's Aussie accent and being a Pom, we've had Jason's Pommy accent as an Aussie, so we're sending one back to you! :lol: :lol:

Like @BigFatDave and @Pompey - we were just bloody happy to see it LIVE in Aussie for the first time in years. You could say (dare I say it!) it was MUGNIFFISENT!

Got that right, mp2. I was just gonna record it and watch it later but ended up getting up for it, then cabbing it to the Dawn Service 'cos I would have blown me brief otherwise!!

Plus I'm gonna watch it again, right now!!

Only now getting around to commenting on Saturdays GP.

Got to be one of the best I have seen in many a year.

The track looked great from start to finish, plenty of close

and hard racing, plus plenty of passing.....

Do we miss Ole Olsen.... do we heck... :lol:

Hopefully the rest of the series will be somewhere

near as good. Well done Tony O, for allowing the

local track staff to do it their way, as was mentioned

on Sky during the programme.

Well Done to Crumpy.. If thats how you ride when not

fully fit, God help the rest when you are 100% fit.

Pleasantly surprised by Chris Harris, but then we all know

that when there is some grip on the track, he can compete

and do well.

Young Tai will have learn't a lot from that I would imagine,

so we should see some improvement as the series goes along.

I thought Chris Holder did particularly well and again, he

surprised me, as I really didn't think he would be able to

live with the top boys in his first year.

And how good was it to see the so called also rans stuff the

long time GP stars. Nicki P running lasts, Gollob struggling

and so on. Maybe they got caught out, expecting ultra slick

conditions, as per past years and surprise surprise, its grippy.

Anyway, thoroughly enjoyed the racing and looking forward

to round two in a couple of weeks time.

The thing I liked the most was, for a lot of the races you did not know who was going to win, due to the fact that it was a track you could race on.

That's all we have been asking for under Ole Olsen, so welcome Tony and so far, thanks