British Speedway Forum
GregM

Leszno Gp - 24th April 2010

Hi folks

Just been online and saw some really goor prices for flights into Poznan. Looking for some general info such as, what is Lesnzo like, would we be better staying in Poznan and how much were the tickets last year in GBP.

Thanks in advance :)

Hi folks

Just been online and saw some really goor prices for flights into Poznan. Looking for some general info such as, what is Lesnzo like, would we be better staying in Poznan and how much were the tickets last year in GBP.

We went this year but stayed and flew to Wroclaw,however we stayed in poznan for the Bydgoszcz GP .Poznan and Wroclaw are both similar distances from Leszno.I prefer Wroclaw out of the two towns.We sat between the start and the first bend(Grandstand A)and paid around £50. Are you thinking of hiring a car or using the train ? Are you thinking of flying with Wizzair ?

Edited by racers and royals

Went last year. Stayed in Poznan and travelled to Lezsno on the day, only 50 mins by regular train. Enjoyed Poznan, nice big square with good atmosphere. Good buzz in Lezsno on GP day too. Well worth the trip.

Went last year. Stayed in Poznan and travelled to Lezsno on the day, only 50 mins by regular train. Enjoyed Poznan, nice big square with good atmosphere. Good buzz in Lezsno on GP day too. Well worth the trip.

Like others have said, you'd be much better off staying in Poznan or Wroclaw and travelling up on the day. Leszno is quite a sleepy wee place with a nice little square and a few bars dotted around. Last year though, the first train back to Poznan wasn't until the early hours, but there are loads of beer tents at the stadium, makes for a great atmosphere before and after and they are open long into the night.

I have been to Wroclaw before and I absolutely loved it. I fancy Poznan as it is somewhere different.

Thanks for all the suggestions and link to the Polish website. Much appreciated

Hi folks

I am flying with Wizz Air from Luton to Wroclaw at a cost of £46 return and stopping in the Mecure Panorama 4 nights at a cost of 4 £110 i think thats a far price and traveling up to Leszno by mini bus for the GP and then taking a league match on the sunday i would have liked to stay in Poznan but the flights back on the monday morning were through the roof hopefully Wizz Air are ok and if so they will get a bit more of my bussiness as i think some of the Ryan Air prices are getting a bit dear

I am flying with Wizz Air from Luton to Wroclaw at a cost of £46 return and stopping in the Mecure Panorama 4 nights at a cost of 4 £110 i think thats a far price and traveling up to Leszno by mini bus for the GP and then taking a league match on the sunday i would have liked to stay in Poznan but the flights back on the monday morning were through the roof hopefully Wizz Air are ok and if so they will get a bit more of my bussiness as i think some of the Ryan Air prices are getting a bit dear

Flown with Wizzair twice they are good-lots of riders use them for Poland as their monday flights are all really early which get them back into the uk in good time for monday evening matches.

In years gone by Phil had a couple fo brilliant threads running about travel info for all those off into Europe for GP's and WTC meetings. But the info is now possibly outdated.

With Mod approval I have started a thread for each 2010 location to assist all of us heading out this coming season. These threads will be made sticky's so easy to find.

Please use it to ask / answer and questions about Flights / accomodations / trains / taxi's/ trams / Event tickets etc.

Hopefully this will keep all questions to one thread and make our trips a lot simpler to plan.

Edited by Sandie

Anyone thinking of going and hasn`t booked flight suggest Wizzair out of Luton sat am and back Mon am to Wroclaw for £42 at moment-won`t get cheaper than that.Would also be able to see wroclaw v Gorzow on the Sunday in a polish league match.

Anyone thinking of going and hasn`t booked flight suggest Wizzair out of Luton sat am and back Mon am to Wroclaw for £42 at moment-won`t get cheaper than that.Would also be able to see wroclaw v Gorzow on the Sunday in a polish league match.

We cant make the league meeting on the Sunday as cant get the Monday off work so were doing fly out Saturday morning back to UK Sunday morning as its an early flight home on the Sunday dont need a hotel so a very cheap GP .I think it wont cost us much over £100 ,Beat that Cardiff ???

We cant make the league meeting on the Sunday as cant get the Monday off work so were doing fly out Saturday morning back to UK Sunday morning as its an early flight home on the Sunday dont need a hotel so a very cheap GP .I think it wont cost us much over £100 ,Beat that Cardiff ???

Last time I was in Leszno it bucketed down. Come to think of it you were there too! Don't forget the designer-chic raincoats!! :lol:

Last time I was in Leszno it bucketed down. Come to think of it you were there too! Don't forget the designer-chic raincoats!! :lol:

Yes we are taking a chance with the weather but fingers crossed it wont happen like it did for the world cup . Yes we,l take our bin liners lol though they do work very well :lol:

Yes we are taking a chance with the weather but fingers crossed it wont happen like it did for the world cup . Yes we,l take our bin liners lol though they do work very well :lol:

Im sure we will be wet with that cheap 1 pound a pint Lech premium!! Disgusting lol