British Speedway Forum
gypilgrim

British Final And Semi Finals

Its a good job none of the Poole BRITISH riders are in that Semi-Final ;)

LOL, brilliant comment. It's good to see that the ex-TeamGB manager is fostering so much BRITISH talent down at Wimborne Road this season. It will no doubt profit the sport in this country in the long term and help create the next BRITISH world champion..........

Hopefully the Wolves fans will all rally behind Rico, now that young Tai has fallen by the wayside? :unsure:

Wolves fans will be behind British U21 Champion, Joe Haines in the final ......... in fact I think most Wolves fans would rather back Shovlar riding Shergar in the National than back Rico !!!

So Tai misses out ..... Yes its at Monmore but its not a meeting about "home" advantage and there still should be Nicholls, Harris, Kennett, Allen, Bridger etc etc who have had brilliant races around Monmore and entertained the crowd ...... and then there's Rico ;)

I don't see the problem with the result being allowed to stand.

No one remember the British semi final farce at Newcastle (?) that allowed David Mcallen into a British final?

That from memory, was after only 2 rides each too. As you say, havn't got one problem with this at all.

Wolves fans will be behind British U21 Champion, Joe Haines in the final ......... in fact I think most Wolves fans would rather back Shovlar riding Shergar in the National than back Rico !!!

So Tai misses out ..... Yes its at Monmore but its not a meeting about "home" advantage and there still should be Nicholls, Harris, Kennett, Allen, Bridger etc etc who have had brilliant races around Monmore and entertained the crowd ...... and then there's Rico ;)

I'd not bank on Bridger or Kennett being there. Bridger is struggling ATM and Ed has never been a fan of the Norfolk Arena. In fact, in saying that about Ed, I notice that Simon Stead is also in that meeting and he's not great there either. Could well see a shock or 2 more in this meeting, especially when you see the likes of Schramm, Haines and Wilkinson are there.

Edited by SCB

Hopefully the Wolves fans will all rally behind Rico, now that young Tai has fallen by the wayside? :unsure:

It defies all logic that last night result was allowed to stand, but nothing really surprises me with speedway any more. :blink:

Seeing as all 16 riders in the field will be British there is thankfully less reason than ever to support the self opinionated one!

Well there's a few tossers on here, basically a few are saying "the top 16 haven't qualified for the final" well so what?! Frampton and Tully deserve their place in the final. Woffinden was gating like Josh Auty in a coma and that showed in his results. The rain came and nobody could change that. The track was under water and they abandoned it.

As for those people who only go to meetings when they're supporting a rider - I asked a few Sheffield fans today if they would have gone last night if Hall and Ashworth weren't in the meeting - they all said yes.

If any Wolves fans don't go to the BRITISH FINAL just because they have no home rider to support then it's their loss and it shows what they feel about British speedway.

I hope the Semis continue next year. Or even venture out more and start with NL riders/PL reserves and work up. I'm sure Craig Cook would have made himself known as well as Charles Wright, plus Lee Smart, etc

Copied from the BSPA site http://www.british-speedway.co.uk/home.php

THURSDAY MAY 6:

BRITISH SEMI FINAL, at Sheffield

1. Scott Nicholls 9

2. Jordan Frampton 9

3. Oliver Allen 7

4. James Wright 6

5. Andrew Tully 6

6. Ben Barker 5

7. Stuart Robson 5

All qualify for British Final - 8th place to be confirmed

Abandoned after 12 heats diue to rain - RESULT STANDS

Let's see if it changes in the next few days :blink:

Am I the only one to spot that Danny King got the same amount of points as Barker and Robson yet his place is yet to be confirmed.......can someone tell me why?

As for Tai....there are no excuses. I never understood why he was put in the GP in the first place as he is still inexperienced and he should have been at least as good as Olly Allen yet alone Frampton and Nicholls.

Fair play to Tully though but if the 8 who top scored don't go through, it will be joke but I think the better option from a sport perspective maybe to rerun but I can't see it happening.

Well there's a few tossers on here, basically a few are saying "the top 16 haven't qualified for the final" well so what?! Frampton and Tully deserve their place in the final. Woffinden was gating like Josh Auty in a coma and that showed in his results. The rain came and nobody could change that. The track was under water and they abandoned it.

As for those people who only go to meetings when they're supporting a rider - I asked a few Sheffield fans today if they would have gone last night if Hall and Ashworth weren't in the meeting - they all said yes.

If any Wolves fans don't go to the BRITISH FINAL just because they have no home rider to support then it's their loss and it shows what they feel about British speedway.

I hope the Semis continue next year. Or even venture out more and start with NL riders/PL reserves and work up. I'm sure Craig Cook would have made himself known as well as Charles Wright, plus Lee Smart, etc

Excellent post: remember when WORLD title used to be UNCERTAIN & the winner had to PERFORM on the day?

I'd go further: if the Wolves fans can't be bothered with the British Final 'cos Tai didn't QUALIFY (thus making Monmore Green a little bit more of a "neutral" venue for the event), have the Semis elsewhere - I'm sure Thursday's field would have pulled in a crowd at (say) Scunthorpe & have the Final at Sheffield.

It also puts a Super7 event at a neutral venue.

The semis is definently better but to continue your point, I would have liked to seen Havvy and some of the top NL riders and every British rider to be put into a quarter final for experience.

Am I the only one to spot that Danny King got the same amount of points as Barker and Robson yet his place is yet to be confirmed.......can someone tell me why?

It's simple bazzer. They won a race each, Danny didn't, Richard Hall is the same, that's why the race-off is between them only.

im not defending tai or the rules but if this was the danish finals they would not have made one of there top riders ride in a meeting a day before the gp practice.its called looking after your own top riders.i feel the bspa have got what they deserve again.a final where the home crowd may not support it in as many numbers

It's simple bazzer. They won a race each, Danny didn't, Richard Hall is the same, that's why the race-off is between them only.

But he got 2 paid wins for finishing 2nd behind his Ipswich team mates Scott and Olly! Or doesn't that count? :wink::lol:

But he got 2 paid wins for finishing 2nd behind his Ipswich team mates Scott and Olly! Or doesn't that count? :wink::lol:

Good point he done well to finish behind them two :lol:

Scott's in great form at the moment and is my tip for the championship this year. Presumably he would then get the wild card for Cardiff and maybe win it just as Hans did a few years ago especially if Tony Olsson can prepare a proper racing circuit.

Edited by tocha

I can't believe people are moaning because Tai Woffinden hasn't qualified! Unfortunately for him he wasn't at the races in his first three rides and that's just tough as it is for any other rider in the field who might have had a chance to qualify should the meeting had run it's course.

The British Final isn't just about Tai Woffinden.