British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Statman

Somerset Rebels 10 Year Anniversary Meeting

Lets see. Rider come in a unrealistic 10+ average. Attains true average. Buggers off.

Yes, I'd be a little bitter too.

More than a little. For someone who was the 'Big I am' he put in some of the most uninspiring away performances I've witnessed and on top of that, after the big 'I want to finish my career at Somerset' speech, as soon as the money came a calling he was long gone.

So therefore, I hope he isn't part of what should be a brilliant night for Somerset Speedway.

Also, in case it hasnt been said elsewhere, Sam Simota is now confirmed also.

Edited by Najjer

Any rider who goes to a club on a high converted average should show that club commitment by spending at least two years with them.

Leigh Lanham was offered lots of deals this winter but choose to stick with Newport after they signed him on a 10.16 average last year. Thats commitment.

Any rider who goes to a club on a high converted average should show that club commitment by spending at least two years with them.

Leigh Lanham was offered lots of deals this winter but choose to stick with Newport after they signed him on a 10.16 average last year. Thats commitment.

Maybe things were not as straight forward as you think.

Maybe things were not as straight forward as you think.

Its no coincidence that Johnno switches clubs most years!

For those speculating who the last two riders might be, there are an interesting couple of lines in the club's latest press release, which announces the addition of Sam Simota to the line up.

The extract is reproduced below:

Simota, who has ridden for both Reading and Peterborough during his time in the UK, brings the total number of confirmed riders to 14, leaving just two spaces left to be filled in order to complete the 16 rider field. The Somerset management are hopeful that those two vacancies will be filled within the next few days as they await calls back from riders they have invited to compete in the club's celebration meeting.

Edited by womble53

The penultimate rider for Somerset's 10 Year Anniversary Meeting on Friday March 19th has now been confirmed, he being none other than;

Emil Sayfutdinov!

Making the full confirmed line up to date with just one place left in the sixteen rider field as follows (in riding order);

1) Charlie Gjedde

2) TBC

3) Grzegorz Walasek

4) Lewis Bridger

5) Emil Sayfutdinov

6) Lee Richardson

7) Niels-Kristian Iversen

8) Zdenek Simota

9) Hans Andersen

10) Lubos Tomicek

11) Cory Gathercole

12) Steve Boxall

13) Mark Lemon

14) Jason Crump

15) Sebastian Ulamek

16) Shane Parker

A reminder that the Somerset Promotion will not be raising admission prices for this meeting, their standard admission prices will apply of;

Adults - £13,

Concessions - £10,

Children (12 -15 years) - £4,

Children (11 & under) - free if accompanied by a paying adult.

Programme will be priced at £2.50 and car parking £1.00

Parade will be at 7pm with first heat at 7,15pm, the meeting being preceded at 5.45pm by a Memorial Service for Emil Kramer.

Edited by Statman

Tempted to travel down to this.Just realised i have the day off and it's pay day =)

It's a shame they're starting this meting 30 minutes early :( Would have been there otherwise.

As Kelvin Tatum would say... "Pwooooah!"

If they announce Tommy Allen as the 16th rider I am definitely going :D

It's a shame they're starting this meting 30 minutes early :( Would have been there otherwise.

Get there 30mins late, you won't miss much and you will never get to see the Russian for £13 again.

Emil Sayfutdinov will be riding at Somerset on Friday 19 March. What a scoop for a Premier League track, Crumpie and the Russian.

Obviously Emil looked at all the tracks in Britain, Elite and Premier and decided the Oak Tree Arena was the best to make his British debut. The only time you will see these two riders for only £13.

Obviously Emil looked at all the tracks in Britain, Elite and Premier and decided the Oak Tree Arena was the best to make his British debut. The only time you will see these two riders for only £13.

Even though Crump and Emil are at Swindon the night before (possibly for a higher price)

Emil has also previously rode in Britain anyway I remember him in blue and yellow kevlars back down at Rye for World Under 21's even if this wasn't his first meeting.

Still a massive coup yes :lol:

Edited by ash

Emil Sayfutdinov will be riding at Somerset on Friday 19 March

Getting in a little practice is he, bully for him!!