British Speedway Forum

Why did he exclude Mrozcka? :unsure:

Because the rider, having been warned for moving at the start, did so again (fractionally) at the restart.

I'm not getting into the whole debate about the referee's competence because I was working and only had half an eye on the screen for most of the match. Nor am I going to get pulled into whether Mroczka's second, marginal, twitch should be deemed sufficient to disqualify him, whether referees have latitude in such cases or whether it's an absolute "two moves and he has to go" directive because I don't have access to the ref's rulebook and/or any guidelines that are handed out and so simply don't know. But you asked the question and that's the answer!

Mroczka was last out the gate first time round anyway. If he's just left it then there would have been no problem. In fact, the exclusion probably benefitted Poole in the end.

Interesting also that Peter Karlsson (I think) was clearly moving at the start of the next race yet it was completely ignored.

If you watch the 3rd re-run of Heat 12 you will see that Madsen was rolling at the start. Certainly moving a lot more than Artur was the second time. As Grachan says PK rolled from gate 4 in the next heat as well.

It is the lack of consistency that is poor. You can also say the same about the decisions in Heat 3.

Mroczka was last out the gate first time round anyway. If he's just left it then there would have been no problem. In fact, the exclusion probably benefitted Poole in the end.

Interesting also that Peter Karlsson (I think) was clearly moving at the start of the next race yet it was completely ignored.

Yes, I thought that at the time.

I would doubt that any referee would watch TV replays before making any decision during the course of any Sky TV match they are officiating at - afterall they wouldn't be able to consult such replays at any other match would they?

But Bryn surely they must use them when the facility is there and change their decision if necessary???

I would doubt that any referee would watch TV replays before making any decision during the course of any Sky TV match they are officiating at - afterall they wouldn't be able to consult such replays at any other match would they?

Yet in the past they have shown the referee's viewing the Sky replays, and even requesting further replays from Sky to ensure they get a decision totally right.

According to Middlo the reason given for Doyle's exclusion is that he went down and then stayed down!!! yes he could have perhaps got up, yet he could have easily been winded etc but the referee is not there to decide that. Some baffling decisions and to not make use of the technology available is bizarre.

It proved last night that riders HAVE to fall to get a decision for or against them which is why Doyle stayed down surely, Kelvin pointed it out two or three times later. Bad refereeing surely and another reason why ex-riders should be referees ..............

But Bryn surely they must use them when the facility is there and change their decision if necessary???

On that basis Mother T, then surely the referees' association could insist on three or four cameras in different positions at ALL meetings to make things fair - and that clearly is not on! Why have one set of parameters to work within for televised matches and another set for others? :rolleyes:

It proved last night that riders HAVE to fall to get a decision for or against them which is why Doyle stayed down surely, Kelvin pointed it out two or three times later. Bad refereeing surely and another reason why ex-riders should be referees ..............

Are you 100% certain then Mother T, and prepared to cross your heart and hope to die if you're telling a fib, that you have NEVER criticised any decision (especially one going against Kings Lynn riders) by, for example, Mick Bates? :blink::wink::lol:

Tongue in cheek comment, Bryn?

Why have one set of parameters to work within for televised matches and another set for others?

Because it's available Bryn!! It's like saying that because I might use a brush and dustbin to clean my carpet then a friend brings round her dyson I won't use it to clean because I always get on my hands and knees and sweep ................. ok not a good example but u know what I mean!! New technology, it's gotta be used to benefit the sport, perhaps a better analogy would be that way back when u might have used a bleeding megaphone for announcing speedway, then a wired mic system was put in one of the stadiums but you wanted to carry on using your megaphone cos that's what you always used! ??????

Are you 100% certain then Mother T, and prepared to cross your heart and hope to die if you're telling a fib, that you have NEVER criticised any decision (especially one going against Kings Lynn riders) by, for example, Mick Bates?

That's not what I saying above though, I just think that ex-riders "should" make better refs, I dunno about Mick Bates, he perhaps blows my theory out of the water LOL I guess they would all referee by their own standards type thing.

Edited by Trees

Well this points to more inconsistency, Andersen got a whack and lifted all over the shop but because he never went down the race was not stopped, while earlier on at Wolverhampton Kennet and Sitera temed up on Lindgren and gave him a whack on both sides yet it was deemed an unsatisfactory start.

Because it's available Bryn!! It's like saying that because I might use a brush and dustbin to clean my carpet then a friend brings round her dyson I won't use it to clean because I always get on my hands and knees and sweep ................. ok not a good example but u know what I mean!! New technology, it's gotta be used to benefit the sport, perhaps a better analogy would be that way back when u might have used a bleeding megaphone for announcing speedway, then a wired mic system was put in one of the stadiums but you wanted to carry on using your megaphone cos that's what you always used! ??????

That's not what I saying above though, I just think that ex-riders "should" make better refs, I dunno about Mick Bates, he perhaps blows my theory out of the water LOL I guess they would all referee by their own standards type thing.

So Mother T, by you saying "New technology, it's gotta be used to benefit the sport..." you are making a case that cameras / replays should be available at ALL matches aren't you? And that clearly ISN'T on! :rolleyes:

And treat yourself to a dyson if they're that good! :wink:

If you watch the 3rd re-run of Heat 12 you will see that Madsen was rolling at the start. Certainly moving a lot more than Artur was the second time. As Grachan says PK rolled from gate 4 in the next heat as well.

It is the lack of consistency that is poor. You can also say the same about the decisions in Heat 3.

The consistency point is my bugbear, referees decisions vary so much on similair subjects but the Mrocka exclusion was ridiculous and it was fairly obvious that Doyle's front wheel had been caught earlier.

I do think the poor ones shouldnt do sky matches