British Speedway Forum
Bagpuss

Swc Event 2, King's Lynn, 26/7

nothing xenophobic there my freind just saying it as i see it, would say the same if the we're BRITISH.

Quite ironic calling shields a bully when you look at certain Brits that ride for Coventry!! ;)

Shields a bully? Have I missed something? When did he get this reputation as a bully? :unsure:

Come on Pearcy dont you get it?!

He's a Poole rider so it is obvious that (some) Coventry fans just have to say something distasteful, in the same way that some Poole fans have to do the same back at Coventry riders!

Absolutely tedious, but it has to be done!rolleyes.gif

Come on Pearcy dont you get it?!

He's a Poole rider so it is obvious that (some) Coventry fans just have to say something distasteful, in the same way that some Poole fans have to do the same back at Coventry riders!

Absolutely tedious, but it has to be done!rolleyes.gif

Fair enough! :lol:

Although I could have sworn I'd been watching Shieldsy at Lakeside! :wink: I know what you meant though! :)

And to think that Big fat Dave called Hatcham xenophobic.. :unsure:

There's a subtle difference between Hatcham's twisted racism & xenophobia and Cookie's rampant stupidity, which is why Mr H is on my 'Ignore' list and I still get to laugh at Colin's posts.

Most British riders seem to be diminished when they pull on the country's racing jacket, or haven't you noticed some of Britain's abject displays in recent seasons? However, your analysis does tend to hold true for the Poles.

I was at Peterborough and Leszno last year and was most impressed with the Brits; they were a young side and even tho' they didn't do brilliantly they never gave up and represented their country well. Having said that, the Poles were a well-drilled machine but it still came down to the last heat decider and if it hadn't been for the rain around heat 20 and the Joker the result could have been totally different - but then if me auntie had balls she'd be me uncle.

With the old hands back in the team and racing well I'm looking for an improved performance from GB this year and I wouldn't be at all surprised if they finish runners-up to Denmark in the Race-off. (I'm tipping Poland and Oz to go straight through to the Final, and checking the trusty Rose-tinted Crystal Ball all I can see through me Green & Gold Blinkers is an Aussie Victory - NURSE!!!!)

Fair enough! :lol:

Although I could have sworn I'd been watching Shieldsy at Lakeside! :wink: I know what you meant though! :)

It defeats the whole arguement though as he has never been a poole rider!

Edited by lisa-colette

Sorry,such question. Is it possible to buy tickets in Norfolk arena race-day?

Yes you can buy tickets on the day :approve:

It defeats the whole arguement though as he has never been a poole rider!

That's what I thought but I think Sandie was mixing up Shields and Watt, who Cooke referred to as Davey Tw*t I believe. I took it that she finds the whole thing a bit tedious aswell.

Hey i'd say the same no matter who they rode for or as i said before regardless of nationality, those that doubt Adam as a "bully" on the track should've been at Brandon on the 8th. Lisa, surely you don't mean BB.icon_lol.gifohmy.gif

Anyway, i'm looking forward to the action good luck to everyone.

Norfolk Arena always provides a surface for good racing,let's hope that's maintained.

Edited by colincooke

That's what I thought but I think Sandie was mixing up Shields and Watt, who Cooke referred to as Davey Tw*t I believe. I took it that she finds the whole thing a bit tedious aswell.

ooops - Yes and Yes!!!icon_smile_wink.gifbiggrin.gif

Its all getting so bloomin tedious these days!!!!

Now I've bought (sort of... ) a ticket, and my friend can come, rather looking forward to this meeting. Just hope don't have to park up the field and walk a mile to get there, though I suppose I could do with the exercise!

i should be making the trip down for this and im looking forward to it :)

i feel it will be between GB and Australia for who will win it, bit of an advantage for the aussies i feel with riders like Batchelor and Ward who have rode for KL in the past!

come on boys :P

Edited by RideHard

Does anybody have a rough idea on how many fans are likely to be at Kings Lynn do you think the crowd will be at similar level to last year at Peterborough ?

Anyone know the exact time the car parks are going to be open? :unsure: Sorry if it's already been mentioned here somewhere!

em1500uk

Anyone know the exact time the car parks are going to be open?

At the Young Stars meeting Sunday they announced gates open at 5pm, but not which gates.