British Speedway Forum
BigFatDave

Upcoming Aussie Season Dates

Over 10 minutes of highlights from the first big meeting Kurri has hosted. not bad track :)

http://www.nbntv.com.au/index.php/2010/12/13/nsw-speedway-titles-2010/

The Double Kurri site has some great photos & pointscores as well - here.

Edited by BigFatDave

Worrying news from MA:

Chris Holder to blog for MA in 2011

December 15, 2010

Aussie Speedway star Chris Holder will be blogging for MA during the 2011 Australian Solo Speedway Championship.

Motorcycling Australia is pleased to announce that FIM World Speedway Grand Prix (SGP) star Chris Holder will be blogging for the MA Website during the 2011 Australian Solo Speedway Championship.

The reigning Australian Champion and Redloh Racing star, will give website users an insight into the world of international Speedway and a behind-the-scenes look at the highly-anticipated 2011 Australian Solo Speedway Championship.

Excited to onboard with MA, Holder is looking forward the summer ahead, especially following his recent NSW Title win, and is eager to share his experiences with the Speedway fans of Australia.

“I’m really looking forward to the blogs with MA because it's something different for me to be doing,” Holder said.

“I hope I can share some experiences of my adventures over the last year or so and give people some insight into the sport.”

Riding in the SGP against the world’s best, including fellow Aussie and World Champ, Jason Crump, Holder hopes to give website users the chance to see the highly-competitive environment from inside his helmet.

“Overseas is a different game altogether,” he said.

“You’re up against quality rider’s week in, week out and it does make you a tougher, better prepared rider for sure.”

The Appin, NSW native will be writing blogs throughout the upcoming 2011 Australian Solo Speedway Championship, with the first blog set down for the eve of the series-opening first round in Sydney on January 12.

For all the blogs and major announcements remember to visit www.ma.org.au, and follow MA on Facebook and Twitter.

We'll be looking forward to plenty of "BBBRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!" and "HAHAHAHAHAHAH"- type posts I'm sure - Goodonya Chris!

Meanwhile the entries for this year's Ozchamps closed day before yesterday, so hopefully there'll be news on who's who at the zoo shortly.

I think the most worrying part of all that is the revelation MA have a twitter and facebook page, now from a speedway fan if this organisation was any good, I would have known that for sure, the fact its news to me shows what they usually do for speedway.

This blog will be the only exciting info to come out of their banner ever.

Hope Chris is being paid for his work and doing their job.

Maybe its a sign of the changing times with the MA chairman (highest position) getting a job with the FIM - meaning someone else will be taking over the running of the MA!

Only promotion Ive seen of speedway by MA

yeeeew. or

yewwwwwwww. B)

Edited by dirt

I think the most worrying part of all that is the revelation MA have a twitter and facebook page, now from a speedway fan if this organisation was any good, I would have known that for sure, the fact its news to me shows what they usually do for speedway.

This blog will be the only exciting info to come out of their banner ever.

Hope Chris is being paid for his work and doing their job.

Maybe its a sign of the changing times with the MA chairman (highest position) getting a job with the FIM - meaning someone else will be taking over the running of the MA!

Only promotion Ive seen of speedway by MA

yeeeew. or

yewwwwwwww. B)

Your not wrong dirt, when i found i thought it was the best thing MA's has done since well......... ever. Absolute oxygen theifs, the lot of them.

Edited by SYFL

Fields for Aussie Under 21s & Under 16 350s (from the MA Site):

Under 21 Solo:

Brenton Barnfield; Alex Davies; Mitchell Davey; Clinton Dennis; Micky Dyer; Josh Grajczonek; Todd Kurtz; Sam Masters;

Tyson Nelson; Dakota North; Taylor Poole; Justin Sedgmen; Richard Sweetman; Rohan Tungate; Darcy Ward; Daniel Winchester.

Res1: Mason Campbell - good ol' MA - would you believe Mason Campton?

Res2: Nick Morris

Res3: Ashley Cathcart

Res4: Dylan Blain.

Couple of surprises there, but some of the lads from SA are working rather than riding this season, and it's a big expense. Can't help wondering what Nick Morris did wrong, but hopefully with the usual no-shows in QLD he'll get a ride. Should be a Ripper!

Under 16 350cc:

Jake Allen; Harley Brigden; Jordan Dall; Ben Dowling; Robert Gottardi; Cameron Heeps; Jack Holder; Brady Kurtz; Sean McLellan; Dalton Nilsen; Sean Phillips; Arthur Sissis; Tyson Snow; Matthew Thorne; Kurtis Tydd.

Great chance for Brisvegas fans to check out the amazing talents of Arthur Sissis, plus see how far some of our juniors have progressed, especially those who rode in the Danish 80cc Trophy.

Five Team tournament scheduled for tomorrow the 18th at Brisvegas has been cancelled due to inclement weather conditions - apparently a bloody great Storm's due. Shame for all the Poms & Swedes that were up there for it.

Edited by BigFatDave

All Aussie Line-up for Ozchamps (from the MA site):

Jake Anderson; Brenton Barnfield; Mitchell Davey; Jason Doyle; Cory Gathercole; Chris Holder; Sam Masters; Taylor Poole;

Ty Proctor; Justin Sedgmen; Rory Schlein; Kozza Smith; Richard Sweetman; Darcy Ward; Davey Watt; Cameron Woodward.

Res 1 Arlo Bujega

Res 2 Daine Stevens

A few noticeable omissions here, and a definite learning opportunity for emerging Mildura teenager Brenton Barnfield, who won the Australian Under 16s 350cc Championship in 2009, but all in all an exciting mix of riders which should guarantee some great racing. Go ROOBOY!!

Edited by BigFatDave

All Aussie Line-up for Ozchamps (from the MA site):

Jake Anderson; Brenton Barnfield; Mitchell Davey; Jason Doyle; Cory Gathercole; Chris Holder; Sam Masters; Taylor Poole;

Ty Proctor; Justin Sedgmen; Rory Schlein; Kozza Smith; Richard Sweetman; Darcy Ward; Davey Watt; Cameron Woodward.

Res 1 Arlo Bujega

Res 2 Daine Stevens

A few noticeable omissions here, and a definite learning opportunity for emerging Mildura teenager Brenton Barnfield, who won the Australian Under 16s 350cc Championship in 2009, but all in all an exciting mix of riders which should guarantee some great racing. Go ROOBOY!!

No Troy Batchelor ? Who has he upset now ?

Think Authur Sissis won that Dave, had a few too many i think buddy, must be the weather.

Cheers Chopper

Think Authur Sissis won that Dave, had a few too many i think buddy, must be the weather.

Cheers Chopper

Arthur won last year's 350s, but you're spot on, Chopper, Tyson Nelson won in 2009. Wiki's got Brenton winning it - must have been a Wikileak! I blame the Sensory Deprivation I'm suffering due to the latest Diet I'm on! Better have a Stubby, eh!

PS (Thanks to Dave Parker for this info) Just found out that Gillman Speedway is purchasing an "AIRFENCE AUSTRALIA" air fence for next season. This is one of the, if not the best thing that has happened for Australian Speedway for many years. Gillman will be doing fundraising and Leigh Adams has already confirmed he will do a meeting for free with all proceeds going to the fund. We all know how hard it is for our International riders to come home and compete, so we have to make it as enjoyable and as safe as possible on their return. Great News!!

Edited by BigFatDave

So why is Barnfield picked for the seniors?

Why is Davey picked for the seniors?

Wouldnt it be better to see the results from the U/21 before confirming these younger blokes spots?

So why is Barnfield picked for the seniors?

Why is Davey picked for the seniors?

Wouldnt it be better to see the results from the U/21 before confirming these younger blokes spots?

I'd imagine it's down to the fact that they got their applications in on time, dirtbagmeol'mate! With no time for a qualifier this year I suppose that's what MA have gone for, but Who Knows? No good asking me, as the memory's had the Richard, as Chopper so succinctly pointed out!

Only way for fairness to be decided is IF MA - released the names of all nominations?!

How hard or difficult would it be!?

Especially if they decide to pick the whole field - and also decide or approve on making it a 5 rd series.

I know most of the speedway world or interested fans of this sport would be interested to know the information and it would put to bed any rumours of favouritism / or at least give the public their chance to decide if in their opinion the correct decisions about selection were made.

Edited by dirt

Only way for fairness to be decided is IF MA - released the names of all nominations?!

How hard or difficult would it be!?

Especially if they decide to pick the whole field - and also decide or approve on making it a 5 rd series.

I know most of the speedway world or interested fans of this sport would be interested to know the information and it would put to bed any rumours of favouritism / or at least give the public their chance to decide if in their opinion the correct decisions about selection were made.

Whaddaya think this is? A democracy or something? Why should the General Public have any input - this isn't the BSPA here - oh, sorry, I forgot! I'd imagine it's up to those who want to ride whether they enter or not.