British Speedway Forum
waco

Scunthorpe Saints V ...rye Cobras Sun 4th July

So everyone was right,he shouldnt have been in the team that day,but yet Rye are ok to keeps his points and the win??

seems stupid to me

The last paragraph of that press release is brilliant - what a get out by the SCB. I am just so glad that the media doesn't take this sport of ours seriously, hell we could become a laughing stock in the big wide world as well as our own :blink:

So cheatings the name of the game now. He's been proved illegal for god sake, yet his points stand, how bloody stupid is that. If it was another team or promoter cheating in this way they'd be hung, drawn and quartered...Seems Uncle Len has the SCB/BSPA wrapped round his little finger. Disgusting, come on BSPA..sort yourselves out!

What do you mean NOW. Where have you been for the last five years? Head buried in sand until it affects your club?

Hopefully we'll (Cobras) now go on to win the NL whatever way we can. Then all three leagues will have Champions that are in the same boat just to keep the leagues in equilibrium.

So cheatings the name of the game now. He's been proved illegal for god sake, yet his points stand, how bloody stupid is that. If it was another team or promoter cheating in this way they'd be hung, drawn and quartered...Seems Uncle Len has the SCB/BSPA wrapped round his little finger. Disgusting, come on BSPA..sort yourselves out!

Please forward your complaints to....Alex Harkess of Edinburgh, Jon Cook (Lakeside), Jonathan Chapman (King’s Lynn), Matt Ford (Poole) and Neil Machin (Sheffield)

Edited by Shadders

What do you mean NOW. Where have you been for the last five years? Head buried in sand until it affects your club?

Hopefully we'll (Cobras) now go on to win the NL whatever way we can. Then all three leagues will have Champions that are in the same boat just to keep the leagues in equilibrium.

So as far as your concerned "cheating" is the name of the game.

scb has no credibilty now, if his inclusion is illegal then the points must go, alex h really needs to get a grip of this.

'At present the SCB have ruled that his inclusion in the Kart Cobras team at Scunthorpe was as legal as it could be given the information available at the time'

Truly unbelievable. :(:rolleyes:

If Scunthorpe protested about Nelson's inclusion (which they did) then it should have been up to Rye House to prove his eligibility to ride to the referee. If they could not do that, then he should not have been allowed to take part.

What adds insult to injury is that it has been proved that Rye House were in the wrong yet they keep his points and those from the match, a situation that would not exist in any other sport where an ineligible competitor had taken part.

The nub of this problemn is that those who make decisions on matters of dispute are themselves compromised by the fact that sooner or later they themselves will be involved in a similar sort of dispute. Until such time as we have an adjudicator (the exemplary Mr Steele, perhaps) who is not a member of a speedway promotion and is entirely independent such occurrences will continue to happen, to the disillusionment, disbelief and disappointment of all those who pay to watch the sport every week.

Does this open the door now for more use of riders who shouldnt be in the NL in certain situations,imagine if in the KOC final a team thought,Fxxk it im going to stick mateyboy in and win us the cup,i no its not right but i will keep his points,big deal if i cant use him again,ive won the cup

Fact is the rule should be unless you can prove the rider is ok on declaration[72 hrs before i think] he shouldnt be able to ride

prove it or shut up its that simple

I can't.

But it has been stated on the pages of this forum (sadly pages that no longer exist) that that was the case by both Rob Godfrey & Malcolm Vasey.

As Scribbler has said, the CL pay rate a few years ago was £5 a point, and only Buxton & Sittingbourne kept to it. If what she has said is true (and I think it is) she accepts that Scunny riders were paid above NL pay rates in 2006 & 2007 at least.

Its not about how many Australians are in the NL at the present time, its just the way they use the NL has a stepping stone to get into the British Premier League, most people have no problem with them coming into the Country, just why dont they go into the PL, or when they come over they are given a realistic cma if they are going to go into the NL,

Look at the Australians that are in the NL now and what cma they came in on, do anyone think they should be reserves when they come into the NL, Micky Dyer has started on a 6.00 point cma, he has already uped his average after just two meeting to just over 8, he hasn't finished last in any of the nine races he has been in, and is already on a better average than John Armstrong, on his visit to the sba guesting for the Somerset Rebels he got 12 from 5 rides, not bad for a rider who has never been to the sba in Plymouth before,

Their may be five in the league at the momment but how many have have been in and out over the last five years,

Darcy Ward 4.56 EL

Aaron Summers 7.47 PL

Justin Sedgemen 7.13 PL

Richard Sweetman 7.74 PL

Dakota North 3.80 PL

Taylor Poole 6.46 PL

thats just some from the last five years.

Most of the one's in the NL now will be in and out, then we wait for another five next year to come in, having these lads in the NL are not the main problem your right, just one of many that need to be put right so people know what the rule is, at present nobody outside of the people that run the league knows what the rule is on Australians coming over, are they on holiday, do they have a visa to work or what, seems to me if you get the go ahead from the muppet who runs the NL you can use them, it maybe against the rules but who cares, so long has he says you can use him.

Very difficult to disagree with that, Roger, and I think you have pretty much hit the nail on the head when you say its not so much the fact that they compete but the ways in which promotions (the Mildenhall one included) try to include a high scoring Aussie youngster on a low average.

You can't cover for every eventuality, but putting anyone born outside of the UK on a 7 or 8 starting average might just do the trick.

How can it be legal and illegal.....Its got to be deemed one or the other. If its illegal, then Rye house should not get the 4 pts. What a farce!..... I suppose what actually happened is for L Silver to sign Nelson and slip him into the team at the last minute in a bid to pluck him from the grasp of Sheffield. Surely the BSPA know the rules regarding foreigners riding in our country, if not thats digusting!.....How is it justice that Rye house cheat and gain the points?

Please forward your complaints to....Alex Harkess of Edinburgh, Jon Cook (Lakeside), Jonathan Chapman (King’s Lynn), Matt Ford (Poole) and Neil Machin (Sheffield)

Wouldn't it be better forwarding the complaints to the SCB who made the decision NOT the BSPA MC :blink:

The SCB have made a pantomime of this. Not legal but you can keep his points :shock:

Total farce.

Wouldn't it be better forwarding the complaints to the SCB who made the decision NOT the BSPA MC :blink:

The SCB have made a pantomime of this. Not legal but you can keep his points :shock:

Total farce.

It's a very strange one I have to admit!!

You made a mistake, but because you didn't know you were making a mistake we won't punish you... Remember that next time you're caught speeding... "I didn't see the sign officer, honest!!" ;)

Edited by Shadders

What an utter joke that is,reading the press release it says "due the info available",well to me it looks like Rob Godfrey knew he shouldnt be riding,Stu Parnaby knew he shouldnt and reading previous post,so did the Buxton promotion and Malcolm Vasey

How come no-one else did?

Also take note of the "at present" bit,i think from reading that there will be further action taken and rye will loose the points and maybe some form of fine could be imposed

The ref im sure should have some knowledge of this in the future to prevent it happening again

It's a very strange one I have to admit!!

You made a mistake, but because you didn't know you were making a mistake we won't punish you... Remember that next time you're caught speeding... "I didn't see the sign officer, honest!!" ;)

But Len Silver did know what he was doing - otherwise he would of paid Tyson Nelson for points...not just expenses.

A pathetic yellow-bellied decision by the governing body...

But Len Silver did know what he was doing - otherwise he would of paid Tyson Nelson for points...not just expenses.

A pathetic yellow-bellied decision by the governing body...

They're maybe hoping Scunny will appeal...and charge them for the pleasure of doing so.

i can not beleive what i have read about the ileagal use of tyson nelson by rye house.surly the points he scored will be deducted,i was told by the buxton team manager a friend of mine that he tried to get nelson for buxton but was informed by neil machin that nelson was not elegable to ride in the national league .the same neil machin who is on the management comitte who now are saying his points will not be deducted,this is a complete farse of the sport no wonder the national press dont treat speedway as a real sport.if buxton use charles wright it will be ok his points will not be deducted or is there one rule for one team and one for the rest.what a complete balls up the management comitte and mr morrish should be replaced with people who will uphold the rules what a shambles. :mad: