British Speedway Forum
waco

Scunthorpe Saints V ...rye Cobras Sun 4th July

Rodge, i know very little about Plymouth, are the crowds good enough to support Speedway at Premier League level ?

Semion the crowd is good for the NL, for the club to go up it needs some backing, i think the reason the crowds have fallen slightly is is because of the promise last year the team was going up, my feelings are if we can go up the missing supporters will come back, at present we are getting around 500 to 600 on a friday, when the club first started we were getting around a 1000 at the meetings,i think the missing people will come back with better speedway, thats just my feelings, i could be wrong, but that is most peoples opinions that go on fridays.

I'm a Rye House fan and have no problem with them winning with Nelson in the team. I'm sure if he was inelligable the refereee wouldn't have let him ridden, don't you have to give 4 days notice of your team, ample time for Scunny to complain if the feel the team was inelligable?

Anyway why shouldn't Rye try to win the match/league. My main complaints over the use of Aussies is that Kurtz, Jones & Nelson are on 6 point averages but Morris and Branford were on 3's for Buxton, shouldn't they all be staring on 6's!

Anybody happen to know if Scunny management queried his eligibility to ride before the meeting, or is all of this supporters commenting only ?

Presumably the ref didnt object also ?

And given that it's 5 weeks after the 4's got abandoned, and we still dont know whats happening with that tournament, then I would'nt hold out a lot of hope of this matter being discussed by anyone in authority with any urgency.

I believe the Scunny management did query his eligibility but due to it being work permits and visa`s,no-one really knew what the score was,i believe scunny rode "under protest" what ever that means?

Im sure if Scunny had been unhappy with Nelson riding, they would at the very least have ridden under protest.

This guy Nelson, is certainly ONE to keep and EYE on. :wink:

Edited by semion

I believe the Scunny management did query his eligibility but due to it being work permits and visa`s,no-one really knew what the score was,i believe scunny rode "under protest" what ever that means?

It's a shame the rules are so simple that everyone know what's happening and there wouldn't be any query's over who is eligable

Morris and Branford were on 3's for Buxton, shouldn't they all be staring on 6's!

British passport holders.

Chopper

I'm a Rye House fan and have no problem with them winning with Nelson in the team. I'm sure if he was inelligable the refereee wouldn't have let him ridden, don't you have to give 4 days notice of your team, ample time for Scunny to complain if the feel the team was inelligable?

Anyway why shouldn't Rye try to win the match/league. My main complaints over the use of Aussies is that Kurtz, Jones & Nelson are on 6 point averages but Morris and Branford were on 3's for Buxton, shouldn't they all be staring on 6's!

Thats the main problem, my feelings are he was ok to ride in the meeting,otherwise Rye House would not have put him in, two points i have,

1, when they come over they are under rated, and most are ready to ride for a team.

2, they like you say should all start on the same 6 cma.

I have no problem with them riding in the NL, just that we under rate them when they come over, and over rate the British lads, i think only British lads should start on a 3 point cma, anyone else should start on a six, and if people are going to moan about them going into the NL, dont change their mind when they come into their team, its easy to say after the meeting that they dont care if they ride against them, after the damage has been done, we wont know because it did not happen.

Edited by Roger MARTIN

Marc has broken collarbone so his dad tells me as they left hospital at dinner time. get well soon mate

Marc has broken collarbone so his dad tells me as they left hospital at dinner time. get well soon mate

This is cruel luck for Marc ..who was making rapid progress this season..I, and im sure Ben, wish Marc a speedy recovery

Semion the crowd is good for the NL, for the club to go up it needs some backing, i think the reason the crowds have fallen slightly is is because of the promise last year the team was going up, my feelings are if we can go up the missing supporters will come back, at present we are getting around 500 to 600 on a friday, when the club first started we were getting around a 1000 at the meetings,i think the missing people will come back with better speedway, thats just my feelings, i could be wrong, but that is most peoples opinions that go on fridays.

Yes, but will the "missing people" stay if you don't produce a winning side?... Take the example of Newport, who's crowds dipped alarmingly after they lost a few home matches.

That's a real blow to Marc and the Cobras.. wishing him a speedy recovery... Cheers Benji :angry:

Edited by Shadders

That's a real blow to Marc and the Cobras.. wishing him a speedy recovery... Cheers Benji :angry:

What is the last bit supposed to imply :angry: It was a racing incident where Benji rode on the inside of Marc at bend 3 & continued round. Unfortunately, he clipped the kerb causing him to collect Marcs front wheel resulting in Marc breaking his collarbone hitting the floor before the air fence. His family & friends, who i had been speeaking to during the PL meet were sat/stood just infront of us. His mum and a few others ran, out of concern to the stricken Marc, whereas Benji had rode round to also check on his condition. Please edit your last implication as it is well out of order.

What is the last bit supposed to imply :angry: It was a racing incident where Benji rode on the inside of Marc at bend 3 & continued round. Unfortunately, he clipped the kerb causing him to collect Marcs front wheel resulting in Marc breaking his collarbone hitting the floor before the air fence. His family & friends, who i had been speeaking to during the PL meet were sat/stood just infront of us. His mum and a few others ran, out of concern to the stricken Marc, whereas Benji had rode round to also check on his condition. Please edit your last implication as it is well out of order.

Don't be silly