British Speedway Forum

I think you will find that Leigh is quite busy putting together his farewell meeting at Swindon the following day.

I don't doubt that tocha but I would have liked to have watched him one more time round the EOES. I'll have to console myself with having seen him at Leszno last week and hopefully at Swindon on Sunday.

Of course it will if they are missing ;)

I note the use of the word 'they' as opposed to 'we'. So I take it you'll be going after all? ;)

Bjerre

Harris

Andersen

Holder

Lindgren

Nicholls

Was hoping Leigh would have defended his title

Edited by keef

I reckon a outcome of:

Chris Harris

Kenneth Bjerre

Freddy Lindgren

Kryzstof Kasprzak

Bombers title to lose IMO, Bjerre wont turn up in the big heats.

Bjarne is my dark horse aswell.

The more I look at the ELRC line up, the more I want to go. I'd originally planned to go to Leigh Adam's Farewell instead but reviewed that once he pulled out of the EL Riders showpiece. Each event costs £20 and in my mind there is no doubt which event has the best line up with riders racing for real for something they'll actually want to win. Bomber v Scott v Holder v Hans v Bjerre v Lindgren v Kasprzak and more plus a good weather forecast. Bring it on!

What is the top prize? Thought I read that the PLRC winner got a new bike and a few thousand pound or am I having a senior moment ;)

What is the top prize? Thought I read that the PLRC winner got a new bike and a few thousand pound or am I having a senior moment ;)

What time do the gates open tomorrow please.

Also, is it extra to get in the stands and are the car parking prices going to be doubled again?

Despite a few people putting a dampner on it Im actually looking forward to this. Its still a decent line up, GP stndard almost. What is parking like? Weather forecast any good?

From Panthers Forum:

Re: Elite Riders Championship

« Reply #14 on Sept 30, 2010, 0:23 »quote.gif

Sept 29, 2010, 19:44, harrhycarry wrote: Please can someone from the management team advise us of any concessions for season ticket holders.

Can we park or do we pay?

Can we sit?

Admission prices - There are no concessions available for Season Ticket holders at BSPA shared events.

Parking - £2. Free of charge for Season Ticket holders.

Grandstand Seating - No charge.

Julie Mahoney

Despite a few people putting a dampner on it Im actually looking forward to this. Its still a decent line up, GP stndard almost. What is parking like? Weather forecast any good?

So am I :) There's plenty of good parking acef, as far as I know the forecast is good. If you've not been to the track before the track prep is normally excellent and the racing superb..They have good facilities too, they even put pot pourri in the mens loos so i'm told :D

Last chance for mentions, name checks, dedications and shout outs via twitter @mikebspeedway for this meeting. Will attempt "live" twitter mentions during meeting!!! :approve:

PM via forum if you prefer?

You can send a message to your favourite rider and I'll try my best to read them all out! :D

I dont see why so many are moaning about this. Its not like they said the likes of Crump/Gollob/Pedersen were actually gonna ride. All they stated it was gonna be the Elite Riders Championship and that any rider not riding in Britain would be offered one of the other seven places. For what would be for them a 'meaningless' meeting, I dont blame none of them for not offering their services.

Once the BLRC was the highlight finale of the season and a last chance for a big night out. Now it's just a 'meaningless meeting'. This season we have even heard league matches described as 'meaningless'. It does make you wonder how long it will be before only a handful of meetings are deemed 'meaningful'.

We lost second half racing due to this mentality, now open meetings are scarce and people are even arguing for the EL to be raced over a handful of fixtures plus play-offs. How long before the sport itself is deemed 'meaningless'?

Back to topic, I respect the BSPA's attempt to try to rescue a meeting that has seen far too many riders treat with contempt by advertising it as the EORC. Perhaps though it's no surprise that we seem to be getting the same old story of higher priorities killing the meeting once more. I do hope it does go well but the play-off finals have really replaced this event as the season's climax.

Edited by rmc

http://peterboroughspeedway.co.uk/news.php?extend.1161.2

1. Fredrik Lindgren (Wolverhampton)

2. Hans Andersen (Belle Vue)

3. Scott Nicholls (Ipswich)

4. Simon Stead (Swindon)

5. Bjarne Pedersen (Poole)

6. Kauko Nieminen (Lakeside)

7. Niels-Kristian Iversen (Peterborough)

8. Joonas Kylmakorpi (Eastbourne)

9. Cameron Woodward (Eastbourne)

10. Tai Woffinden (Wolverhampton)

11. Krzysztof Kasprzak (Coventry)

12. Chris Holder (Poole)

13. Danny King (Ipswich)

14. Peter Karlsson (Belle Vue)

15. Kenneth Bjerre (Peterborough

EDIT:

It seems the Potty site has cut off the #16 rider, which is Chris Harris.. Nevermind

Edited by Syko