British Speedway Forum

Morning,

Thank you to everyone who came along last night and your kind comments both at Peterborough and elsewhere, the atmosphere was just brilliant!

Thanks again for last night and thanks for your indulgence this morning .....................David

Good note Dave. Can I add food for thought. Good meeting last night without long delays between races on a cold night. The racing was very good, well done to all. Facilities for parking and food were good.

I attend Premier League or Championship football most weeks. A program costs far less than £4 it cost last night and you get up to date information. The program still had Adams listed but he dropped out midweek.

Can we see a list of prize money won by the riders added to the promotion of the meeting and the program. If its a good prize then that may tell fans that the riders are up for the fight and get a bigger crowd.

GP's are also a mystery as I've no idea what riders win for each GP or the world championship.

With the Bomber drop out rumour. Did anyone with an official position in speedway post something in reply to say it was just stupid rumour ? Could something have been added to the Peterborough website. Could something have been added early on saturday morning confirming the 16. Take your point about having rider lists on the gate but by then your already at the track and hardly going to turn around.

we shall come back next season

Edited by Mark

I've no idea what riders win for each GP or the world championship.

Not sure about the overall title for this season, but for each GP, it's :-

1st - £6,850

2nd - £5,100

3rd - £4,300

4th - £3,750

5th - £3,280

6th - £3,180

7th - £2,900

8th - £2,800

9th - £2,400

10th - £2,310

11th - £2,280

12th - £2,250

13th - £2,220

14th - £2,190

15th - £2,160

16th - £2,130

17th - £1,300

18th - £1,300

and this incorporates travel expenses

just i rumour i have heard. not saying it's 100% but i trsut the source more than others

indeed, but considering the subject,tone and detail as a whole it could be seen as mischief making?

"unlucky for you then that it is rumoured that Hans is now owned by Swindon as apparently TR paid off some of the debts owed by previous promotion in exchange for HA"

Get your source to look again and confirm the situation.

Not sure about the overall title for this season, but for each GP, it's :-

1st - £6,850

2nd - £5,100

3rd - £4,300

4th - £3,750

5th - £3,280

6th - £3,180

7th - £2,900

8th - £2,800

9th - £2,400

10th - £2,310

11th - £2,280

12th - £2,250

13th - £2,220

14th - £2,190

15th - £2,160

16th - £2,130

17th - £1,300

18th - £1,300

and this incorporates travel expenses

thanks. i suppose you would need huge sponsorship to make it worthwhile.

how much money does 45,000 at Cardiff generate, where does that money go ?

thanks. i suppose you would need huge sponsorship to make it worthwhile.

I don't know, but I haven't got it!! :lol::D

Work it out 45000 x £25? - expenses? + tv rights=??

Great meeting, KB was robbed, As home rider- he should be allowed pick of the gates in the final but i dont mind, KB went into Freddies own backyard and taught him a listen of riding a speedway bike

an utter disgrace to Peterborough Speedway

On a good point, Hans looked good in his last 3 races and his average is nice and tasty.

:blink::blink::D

I really enjoyed this meeting. There was some good racing especially in the semi final. I would love to see a recording of this race especially as all the supporters around me - just infront of the start/finish line thought Chris Holder had edged out Kenneth Bjerre on the line. We also felt Holder had passed Scott Nicholls on the line in an earlier race.

I'd like to think that more thought be given to the disparity of start gates during the close season as gate 3 was a no-go zone on saturday - even when the track staff shovelled extra dirt on it before all of Kenneth Bjerre's races off 3! It does spoil a meeting if one rider can virtually be discounted from each race due to an unfavourable start gate.

Personally I would have called a restart to the final after Bjarne Pedersen and Chris Harris became tangled on the first turn. Surely a case of first bend bunching but perhaps Chris Gay wanted to go home by this point!!

Maybe, at the end of the day, there is quite a bit of rivallry between these two, I mean they both want to be Poole riders next season don't they? wink.gif

Forgot to add my moan of the night, that once again I, and most other fans I'm guessing, were disappointed with the majority of the riders not coming round on a victory lap, isn't it all part of their job whether they want to do it or not? Yes the fans are there to watch the racing and get their monies worth from that but in this particular meeting the majority are there to support their team representative and want to salute their sucess in races, don't the riders get this? Another 30 seconds to ride round on a victory lap really shouldn't make a difference to their bike prep??

Bjarne has said in the past that Chris Holder is the future of Poole, so I'm guessing he knows he is going to have to step aside for him at some point. Hopefully that's not in 2011 though, would like to see them both back at Poole next season.

Edited by lisa-colette

indeed, but considering the subject,tone and detail as a whole it could be seen as mischief making?

"unlucky for you then that it is rumoured that Hans is now owned by Swindon as apparently TR paid off some of the debts owed by previous promotion in exchange for HA"

Get your source to look again and confirm the situation.

the wording could have been better i agree. apologies

my pictures from the meeting HERE